Ideos S7 / Telstra T-Touch Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVicster

Nov 14, 2010
The S7 aside from its' resistive screen is an awesome device. I however have fallen in love with my Viewsonic GTab running CM 6.1 Beta 3. In short, it FLIES. To top it off when Gingerbread comes out and the AOSP is dropped the Tegra 2 in this tablet will finally have an OS that can take full advantage of the dual core Cortex A9 making that much more of a performer. With only a $80 price difference between the two, a 10" capacitive screen AND a working CM 6.1 ROM I chose the Viewsonic GTab.
I personally don't believe that the 7 inch devices are competitors to the 10 and up inch devices, that's why i laugh when I hear or read people talk about the Tab being an Ipad killer, or the first real competitor to the Ipad.

Really? To me it's apples and oranges. I can slip my S7 into a jacket pocket, or the back pocket of my jeans and take it with me anywhere I go. Can't do that with the 10 inch devices. The S7 is either a primary or backup phone as well, depending on how you want to use it. Can't do that with the 10 inch devices, and it really wouldn't be feasible to carry around even if you could. OTOH, if I were going to be creating documents, looking at client files as PDF's, watching videos, or just reading in a stationary location for any period of time, I'd prefer a 10 inch tab.

Once more 10 inch tablets hit the market I plan on picking one up. Probably the Notion Ink if it is all that it is supposed to be. For me a 7 inch and 10 inch device are companion devices, not competitors.

pi911

Aug 23, 2010
For someone who doesn't require constant tech support (*apple fanboys leave*), the S7 is definitely the lowest-priced high-quality Android tablet. Although big names like Samsung will ensure great support and service (+tons of "accessories"), those who do not need that can get a good tablet by getting the S7.

roachieuk

Nov 30, 2010
Hi i was just wondering if someone could help really im in the UK and ive had my android on preorder for just over 7 weeks now.from the brilliant gift store has anyone got their huawei in UK yet?

as i was first told it would be expected delivery on 1st of December and now im being told the 3rd of December.

Hope someone can shine some light on this for me many thanks in advance for your time and help

beerock

Nov 28, 2010
I as many of you love this tablet, although it needs some tweaks that I am not capable to do. I have been a member on xda since I first got my hero and now with my evo I am seeing more and more bounty threads be more successful.

We need a recovery - I know razor was working on that with teenfaces

We need to modify the storage sizes

We need some custom roms to take full advantage of this tablet.

I was thinking we could do seperate bounty threads to keep it fair and anyone with the ability could claim that thread, thus they would receive the pledged bounty total when the task was completed.

I know most devs do it because they love it, but time is money. I donate but I can only donate so much, so lets use the law of larger number to multiply the return and get some things rocking.... I am dying to flash something on this thing.

All input welcome.

B

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Swype and Tapatalk

WXMAN

Nov 29, 2010
I have a totally different reaction. To me the Ipad competes with net books, but not as useful in my opinion. The size/form factor is virtually the same for travel, meetings etc...it would be generally unnecessary to bring an Ipad. I could not justify the purchase of a 10" tablet to have in addition to my netbook, but saw the S7 as a totally different animal. I'll probably be wrong, but I think that the odd man out should be the 10" tablets (ie IPAD). For all around use, nothing beats a solid net book...and the idea that the IPad will kill the net book business is probably wrong. If the tablet becomes ubiquitous beyond the Ipad, I think the 7" space makes the most sense.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I as many of you love this tablet, although it needs some tweaks that I am not capable to do. I have been a member on xda since I first got my hero and now with my evo I am seeing more and more bounty threads be more successful.

We need a recovery - I know razor was working on that with teenfaces

We need to modify the storage sizes

We need some custom roms to take full advantage of this tablet.

I was thinking we could do seperate bounty threads to keep it fair and anyone with the ability could claim that thread, thus they would receive the pledged bounty total when the task was completed.

I know most devs do it because they love it, but time is money. I donate but I can only donate so much, so lets use the law of larger number to multiply the return and get some things rocking.... I am dying to flash something on this thing.

All input welcome.

B

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Swype and Tapatalk

Chefs, cooks, devs, call them what you like are needed to push the boundaries of this tablet. But, they won't if they don't see the kudos in doing it. They must be encouraged to get an S7 in their hands in order to get a feel for what they may achieve.
I propose a general donation fund to enable the purchase of devices for donation to the devs we vote most suitable to further the cause.
I'm probably going out on a limb, but, what do others think of that one?

Beepoo83

Nov 25, 2010
I got my first S7 a week ago I could not get it work on at&t except ones it worked and I did voice call then all signal bars disappeared. I can see AT&T on the bar signal area but there were no active bar. I return it and get a new one and had the same problem the second device did not save the APN setting :( I bought H2O prepaid sim card and tried nothing happened. I decided to return it I really sad I liked the S7 but I could not get any voice call or data on both.
although I got full refund and BB waived the restock fee for me, I'm thinking to buy it again and try for the third time, what you think guys?

stereotada

Nov 30, 2010
Thanks for all the replies! I will try out the browsers listed.

@pbrauer

Yea, I have been doing this. It just gets kind of annoying to do it on every single page.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
^try again, go to an at&t store and getthe tech there to help with the settings;

good luck@!

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
When you get the unit remove all existing APNs first.
There has been problems with Android holding the info input on some manufacturers devices.
If you still have problems download a very useful app called APN backup and restore and use it to wipe all APN settings.
Believe me it does all work!!!!

roro66

Dec 1, 2010
Well if you liked that baby I suggest you go back and get one again. I PICKED UP MINE 2days ago and only had little time with it until today. I set up APN the first day but only got aphone call working but NO DATA today I was reading some treads here and decided to try again. Yes it works. You need to make sure you press MENU on left side of device to save your APN after setting. MINE was set only once and device kept it. Also, I read tread of those who experienced slowdown and connection drop trying 3g sim. WELL I used my iphone sim with unlimited data plan on it, but to avoid (connection drop) you need to select or tap the WIFI indicator on top screen and SLIDE ON OFF POSITION. Now it's best to reboot with your sim installed and there'll be no connection drop when you RESTART. TRUST ME this thing is as fast on 3g as ON wifi. I am using my BELOVED MICROCELL for 5 barrs and it rocks. NO CONNECTION LOST. In fact you should see the 3 G INDICATOR as soon as it recognizes your sim. ENJOY!

roro66

Dec 1, 2010
well, I had mine for 3 days now and only got it to use my iphone sim a few minutes ago and showing the 3G INDICATOR. I didn't know of a built in MOBILE VIEW feature in ANDROID. However, at the bottom of the web page you can select DESKTOP or for some devices CLASSIC VIEW and you'll get the full page. Try the SKYFIRE BROWSER.

Status
Not open for further replies.