Is It Possible to Port Nexus 7 ROM to A2109?

doomboss

Jan 17, 2013
I am just curious about the possibility of porting Nexus 7 Rom into A2109. Any idea? :p

Linsalata28

Dec 24, 2012
I am just curious about the possibility of porting Nexus 7 Rom into A2109. Any idea? :p

I'm no dev but I'm sure it would be possible to someone who knows what they are doing. They are really close in specs.
I've been on xda looking around in the n7 forums looking for any kind of tweaks/mods that can be ported to this but most ROMs are 4.2 and were on 4.1.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It is all going to depend on what hardware is the same/different.

Cameras, network chips, display controller, digitizer, etc.

Also, it will depend if they use the same partition table.

That is WAY over my head. It may be possible, but it is probably better to start fresh with an AOSP code and build it for the A2109 rather than port the N7 ROM over.

Also, the N7 does not have a rear camera, so that will not work until a driver for the camera is added to the ROM.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
I'm no dev but I'm sure it would be possible to someone who knows what they are doing. They are really close in specs.
I've been on xda looking around in the n7 forums looking for any kind of tweaks/mods that can be ported to this but most ROMs are 4.2 and were on 4.1.

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD

Ah! Clone the git repo and go back to a 4.1 branch :). It's not quite as easy as it sounds, but you'll learn some important skills along the way. Plus, with early branches, it's more likely to be closer to the stock code -- making it easier to figure out the source code mods. Disclaimer: I'm just beginning to learn myself -- a few weeks ago, I was at square zero.