Market 3.4.4 & Steev Alldro2 ROM v1.0

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Hello. Appears google released market 3.4.4 and my tablet is downloading this update. Bad part is when i go to download an app, i get a force close. If i uninstall the 3.4.4 update, I'm good for about 30 seconds then market shuts down because the update is installed again.

Looking for some guidance for this issue. Anyone else running into this same issue?

Thanks..

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.0 MID7024

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
I'm having the same problem, I have to uninstall the market updates to be able to update/install apps from the market.

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
I'm having the same problem, I have to uninstall the market updates to be able to update/install apps from the market.

Cool. Good to know that I'm not the only one. Maybe Steev will release v1.1 to resolve the issue. :)

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
It's not a problem with steev's CFW, it's something else. It also happens with me, and I am using another CFW with another hardware.

I am doing some tests, but until it's fixed, this should work:
- delete MarketUpdater.apk from /system/app
- copy FOTAKill.apk to the same folder
- uninstall the Market update from Settings -> Applications -> Manage -> All tab.

If you have an old version (2.x), you can install manually 3.3.11, which works with this setup.

Last edited:

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Cool. Good to know that I'm not the only one. Maybe Steev will release v1.1 to resolve the issue. :)

Yeah, it would be great if he can fix the problem.

Have you tried changing the LCD density to see if has some effect? I don't have my tablet at hand right so i cannot test it.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
It's not a problem with steev's CFW, it's something else. It also happens with me, and I am using another CFW with another hardware.

I am doing some tests, but until it's fixed, this should work:
- delete MarketUpdater.apk from /system/app
- copy FOTAKill.apk to the same folder
- uninstall the Market update from Settings -> Applications -> Manage -> All tab.

If you have an old version (2.x), you can install manually 3.3.11, which works with this setup.

Hey man thanks for the help. but can you share the Market 3.3.11 and the FOTAkill apks?

damn it! hit reply instead of edit my older post.

EDIT

It doesn't work here, removed marketupdater.apk, copied the FOTAkill.apk and uninstalled the marked updates but the market keeps updating to 3.4.4.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Hey man thanks for the help. but can you share the Market 3.3.11 and the FOTAkill apks?

damn it! hit reply instead of edit my older post.

I believe you can get them both from this zip:
http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

I will try to release v1.1 before christmas.

Might take a look at some Market alternatives. Heard good things about GetJar

edit: my bad that link I gave you has market 3.1.3

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Yes, steev is right: only works with Market 2.x.

But I found a fix for Market 3.4.4: use build.prop.kyros instead. steev provided a script, I think, so you can change it easily. Or you can do it manually using adb or Terminal Emulator:
Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /
cd /system
cp -rf build.prop.kyros build.prop

Then reboot tablet. You may need to clear Market's data in Settings.

It seems that it requires libaries available only on Android 2.3.3+ (SDK 10), and those are missing in the 2.3 build used for Kyros x024 CFWs.

Some apps may be missing or show as not compatible because tablet isn't using Galaxy Tab fingerprint anymore, but this happens mostly for games and they don't work well on Kyros anyway (like GT Racing: Motor Academy Free+ HD).

I will try to find a fingerprint for SGT that uses version 2.3...

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Confirmed: the culprit is indeed SDK version. I couldn't find a 2.3/2.3.1/2.3.2 fingerprint for GT-P1000 or SPH-P100, but simply changing SDK version in build prop should allow you to still see/run most apps, if not all. In the default build.prop (copy build.prop.tab to build.prop first if you have replaced build.prop with another version), replace:

ro.build.version.sdk=10

with

ro.build.version.sdk=9

Then restart tablet.

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Confirmed: the culprit is indeed SDK version. I couldn't find a 2.3/2.3.1/2.3.2 fingerprint for GT-P1000 or SPH-P100, but simply changing SDK version in build prop should allow you to still see/run most apps, if not all. In the default build.prop (copy build.prop.tab to build.prop first if you have replaced build.prop with another version), replace:

ro.build.version.sdk=10

with

ro.build.version.sdk=9

Then restart tablet.

I did that but now every time i open the market it asks me to add an account, i tap ok but the market closes immediately and there is no way to add my account, is there a way i can run the google one time init thing?

Vernox701

Sep 1, 2011

ro.build.version.sdk=10

with

ro.build.version.sdk=9

Then restart tablet.
Thanks LFom
Changed my build prop with the above edit and still using samsung fingerprint.
ps. don't forget to restart or you will still have force closes

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I did that but now every time i open the market it asks me to add an account, i tap ok but the market closes immediately and there is no way to add my account, is there a way i can run the google one time init thing?

Open any other app that uses a Google acc: Gmail, Talk, etc.

Did you restart your tablet? Also cleared Market's data in Settings?

cornell

Jun 13, 2011
Open any other app that uses a Google acc: Gmail, Talk, etc.

Did you restart your tablet? Also cleared Market's data in Settings?

Yup I restated and cleared the cache, also tried opening gmail to add the account but the same happened, now i'm on steev's lastest thanks anyway.

Sent from my Coby Kyros 7024 Gingerbread by Steev

dukoque

Jan 1, 2012

ro.build.version.sdk=10

with

ro.build.version.sdk=9

Then restart tablet.

Well, I have the Terminal Emulator, how do I do this change on this file? (also were can I find it?) I´m just a user that want to use the android market.
Thanks,
Dukoque