Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Download the market from here http://db.tt/WkoKjgb and as soon as you get it downloaded install it straight from your sdcard. As soon as you have the market installed open it and accept the terms of service, then close it. Go to settings, click applications, then manage apps. Click on the running tab. Scroll down and find market and select it. Click on clear cache, then click on force stop. Back up and find the Google services framework, clear the data for this one, then force stop it as well. Next, download this file http://db.tt/xZbIjGa and copy it into /data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs which will overwrite the pre-existing vending prefs file. Now reboot. As soon as you're powered back up, start trying to open the market. It WILL error out on you a few times but it will work. When you get the market to load finally, go back to settings, apps, manage apps, you need to clear markets cache again then force stop it, then go back to the Google services framework, click clear data again, then force stop. REBOOT. As soon as you are powered back up go to the market. Viola, it works.... :)

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Just an fyi, if you open that vending prefs. file I uploaded in a text editor on your tab, and scroll to the bottom, you will see a line that references paid apps. To get the paid apps tab to work, you will need to change the part on that line where it says "false" to "true" and have a valid billing.DB file placed in the /data/data/com.android.vending/databases folder :) the only problem with getting a billing.DB file is they are linked to the cell phone/sim card acct they are created on. Which means if I upload mine and we get paid apps working everyone could get paid apps and I'd get the bill, and this is the reason I left this out for now. :)

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
Genius! Pure Genius! Worked the first time out of the box! Thank you! Now if its not asking too much, Paid apps and maybe pretty please Flash 10.1?

Cat88Extreme

Mar 15, 2011
So your saying after changing the preferences I can grab my billing.DB file from my Optimus S (Sprint) and place it in /data/data/com.android.vending/databases and then I will have working paid apps. That is all I need to do, correct. The only reason I ask is because I had to setup a credit card on my google account to purchase apps on my phone, so the billing for my apps are not connected in any way to my phone account.

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
If I have a google account, but not an Android cell... could I use ADB or something to generate this billing.db?

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
No, you will have a paid apps tab, which will be blank, we have a little more work to do on the paid apps to get them to show. However if you buy them on your optimus you should see them under the my downloads section of your tablet now, so you can download them that way.

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
You need an android device that's been setup to use Google checkout to be able to get the billing.DB file as far as I know. As of right now, all I've been able to get is the paid apps tab to pop up, but no apps will show. However we now have access to any paid apps purchased with the Google acct you use to sign Into the market with. under my downloads

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
Worked like a charm!!!...and to be honest, I really don't need paid apps, because I only would buy an app I really really, really felt it was worth it. Since I've had my phone, I've only paid for 4 apps: Beautiful Widgets, My BackupPro, System App Remover, and File Downloader Plus...I just downloaded LauncherPro as a test and I'm good...Flash would be nice to stream movies and tv shows, but I can wait till that mystery gets solved...THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH, I'd buy you all a beer and give you a "Hell Yea" Stone Cold style...

SWC

May 21, 2011
Xi2wiked thanks for all your hard work man.

Ive been following this thread for sometime now..

Are you assuming at this point to apply your working mode market you have GAPPS installed before apply your mod?

Here is a few issues I'm having.

#1 I install your market, when it installs and I go to open it I get a white screen then back to where is was.

#2 When I go to
/data/data/com.android.vending/shared_prefs I have no /shared_prefs

Anything to point me in the right direction.. Thanks

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
Uninstall your market if you have it currently installed, then follow my instructions I posted a page or so back. Make sure you follow ever step just as I wrote it out. When it says to open the market, make sure you let it fully load before closing it. During the loading is when it creates those files

SWC

May 21, 2011
I'm dead in the water. I can not get the market to load. It says "Application Installed" but no dice.

I have uninstalled the previous one, which would try and load then shut down.

I did use your previous build prop but I may have not backed up the original (not sure) can someone upload there build prop? This maybe my problem?

Also do I have to have the GAPPS installed ? Just trying to figure this out.

Thank you guys for all your help...