Merimobiles.com

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
So going to give my two cents.

I ordered the docking station for the ViewSonic GTab/Malata ZPad from them on 12/29/2010 for $45 total cost. I received it on Friday 2/4, so about 5 1/2 weeks from order to receipt, and that included New Year's and Chinese New Year's. Other than the appalling lack of communication from the vendor I can't really complain. They said 6-8 weeks to ship and beat the outside time limit, and the product was exactly what I wanted with good build quality.

So, I would recommend them again, but only for a consumer that clearly knows what to expect.

mikethm

Feb 8, 2011
Ordered a tablet from them, a Witstech A81E+, paid extra for expedited shipping.
Next day got an email that they needed a form filled out and faxed to them. Faxed them the form. Next day was informed that item won't ship due to Chinese new year (will they refund expedited shipping fee? of course not. Will they apologize? not even a little.) A week later still no confirmation or shipment, no communication at all.
Honestly these guys are just an all around pain in the ass to deal with. Don't order from these guys, there are plenty of alternatives.

Sep 20, 2010
[FONT=&quot]mikethm[/FONT]*********
Ordered a tablet from them, a Witstech A81E+, paid extra for expedited shipping.
Next day got an email that they needed a form filled out and faxed to them. Faxed them the form. Next day was informed that item won't ship due to Chinese new year (will they refund expedited shipping fee? of course not. Will they apologize? not even a little.) A week later still no confirmation or shipment, no communication at all.
Honestly these guys are just an all around pain in the ass to deal with. Don't order from these guys, there are plenty of alternatives.*******

ANSWER is below:
Your ordered on the 31st of JANUARY. On the 28th of January it was written in BIG LETTERS (18pts to be exact) on the main page of the website. THERE WILL BE NO SHIPPING IN BETWEEN JANUARY 30TH AND FEBRUARY 8TH, ORDERS PLACE DURING THAT PERIOD WILL GET 10% OFF USE COUPON CODE: haveaniceday. Now 99% of people who ordered on that period used the coupon code and got there 10% off , it was displayed in big on the main page of the website. Do not misinform people on the forums because you missed an easy to read information on the website.
To make sure people don’t miss out on the next sale, we will also include it in the receipt you get after checking out.
So no we would not refunded you the expedited shipping fee and no we will not apologize, the 10% was there for you to get and It was a way for us to say thank you and happy chinese new year.

Yes all payments done by credit card are checked, when there is an information the credit card processor cannot verify, we are advise and we will make more verifications, this is to ensure your security as a customer and prevent other people from using your card, you can only benefit from that

[FONT=&quot]Cassie7[/FONT]
Hi Cassie7, I would like to clear out that we don’t dropship, or dropship from hong kong as you’ve mentioned. Let me clear it out for you. We are in Shenzhen, but like almost all sellers in Shenzhen, we use DHL HONGKONG, UPS HONGKONG, FEDEX HONGKONG. This is why when you get a tracking number from China most of the time it takes 48hours to update, or it will only show left HK (HongKong) facility a certain date, although it left hours offices in Shenzhen day(s) prior to that date.

[FONT=&quot]microb238[/FONT]
When sending back a product to china it does not cost 100$, far from it. #1 don’t ship with an express service like DHL or UPS, ship back by regular mail. #2 if you are sending back a product for repair, only send the product, no need to send the entire box with accessories, sending back only the product will cost you around 20$. 3# one way to save when shipping back is open an online account, exemple with usps or canadapost for exemple, it only takes 2 minutes, they ask you for an email and passwords and your address info. By doing the paper work on the internet, most postal services will offer you great discounts on the shipping. Hope this helps
[FONT=&quot]omydanie[/FONT]
In contrary to what you say we answer all emails, we ask up to 48business hours to respond.
[FONT=&quot]tsaixingwei [/FONT]

You are saying why we don’t do the firmware upgrade before we ship the product. The products are constantly updated, so if the firmware update is released after we shipped it, how can it be physically possible for us to update it… It happens to get a defect on a device, and this is why return policies and warranties exist, you have a 1 year warranty with us use it.

[FONT=&quot]Cassie7[/FONT]
But the ordering experience with Merimobiles was a confusing mess from the moment I hit the submit-order button. I didn't know when it would be processed, when it would be shipped, where it was being shipped from or where it would be shipped to.
To make sure there is no confusion, we took the time to make BIG calendars with red, blue and black color, to indicate when your order is processed, when its shipped and the estimated time of arrival. Those Calendars are in BIG on the checkout page and you get them in your email also with the estimated time of arrival. If there is something else you need us to do to make it more clear please email us.

[FONT=&quot]martonic [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I doubt that you waited 4 hours on the online chat. #1 the chat system does not allow it. #2 why would someone wait 4 hours on the chat……. When there are other means of communication….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yes we did have skype support, we did provide one on one technical support to some people. This feature has now been removed, we are working on our own technical support forum, to answer technical questions and at the same time improve there service.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ALFAOMEGA 74 [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By all means if you feel good keeping something you did pay for, than be my guess. We did our best to serve you, turns out it didn’t work out, which can happen and we did offer a compensation for the shipping problem. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tekel [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]It seems you’ve met me personally to say that it’s a front(Canada address) and I have a strong Chinese Accent. #1 Ive been fortunate enough to meet some of our customers face to face in our office in Montreal (which im originally from) so yes I do have a French accent as the primary language there is French. And ive also been fortunate enough to meet some of our customers in Shenzhen, China where im at most of the time. So I found your statement to be pretty bold. Do you know the date the customer posted this review to claim your statement about the shipping, miss information like posted on your thread leads people in the wrong direction.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]ecozai[/FONT]
I remember your email, you claimed that your package your parents received had scratches. My answer was, #1 make sure they remove the plastic protecting the screen. #2 take pictures and send it to us, if there is really scratches we can compensate or replace the unit, never got an answer back from you.

[FONT=&quot]noladroid[/FONT]
Hi as stated on the email we sent to you, of course we want all the devices to get the firmware updates asap. But we do not make the firware/software for the devices. This is done by the manufacturers, as soon as the wopad factory releases a good new functioning firmware, we will post it on the website in a hurry. Thanks

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]All in all, we do care and we do appreciate your comments negative or positive, as we are working hard to bring the latest and greatest products the market has to offer and we are working harder to improve the service.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Here are the steps we took to improve the service[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#1 we’ve added 2 members to our team, Janey and Leo[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]#2 we are working on our own technical support forum, we already have 3 mods. We will make more video reviews, and we will make more technical tips video reviews which will help the community. All these steps will ensure faster replies to all questions and emails. I want to clarify, we do get a high volume of calls, there is a voicemail and we do take the time to return all calls.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I believe the main problems we’ve met so far has been shipping during the holidays. We’ve learned from the experience and we will improve it on the next holiday. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your time[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Philip[/FONT]

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
Merimobiles Answer to your threads

[FONT="]martonic [/FONT]

[FONT="]I doubt that you waited 4 hours on the online chat. #1 the chat system does not allow it. #2 why would someone wait 4 hours on the chat……. When there are other means of communication….[/FONT]
[FONT="]Yes we did have skype support, we did provide one on one technical support to some people. This feature has now been removed, we are working on our own technical support forum, to answer technical questions and at the same time improve there service.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Hi Philip,

Yes, I did wait four hours, and finally came a message saying "The operator has logged out."

Here is the email you sent me on January 23, regarding the return shipping information which, as instructed, I had scanned and sent to you on January 10.

[/FONT]
Hi Marty, do not worry, Janey was not aware of it, this is Philip
you will get your new wopad this week by DHL and you will get dhl track#

thank you

Philip
Buy The Latest Mobile Phones, Android Tablet pcs, Chinese consumer electronics at wholesale prices
[FONT=&quot]
No I did not get a tracking number, and I did not get the Wopad that week. In fact, I still don't have the Wopad. It has now been Thirty-Three Days since I sent you the return shipping information, and Twenty Days since you sent the email quoted above - and still nothing.

I have stopped asking because what I got each time was a long wait followed, eventually, with unreliable information. However, my patience is not unlimited, and I will file a report with VISA if this goes on much longer.

Don't accuse me of lying. That's not just absurd, it's pathetic.

Let's get the story straight.

[/FONT]

joelong

Feb 12, 2011
Are there other vendors (other than Merimobiles)of the Herotab C8 that I should consider -- that you have had favorable experiences with? Links?

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
I went ahead and ordered from Merimobiles on 2-7-11. So far the communication I've had with Philip has been excellent. I emailed him on the 9th and he responded by the 10th with answers to my questions. I'm praying that all goes well and I receive my MID in a timely fashion and in working order. So I'm going to say, so far so good. I emailed him again yesterday but I'm not expecting a quick response because of the weekend.

I read all of the horrible reviews and all of the good reviews about them here and elsewhere. The bad always outweighs the good on a forum because if there are no issues, the customer has no need to come here and post a good review. This is true for tons of product sold on the internet. I'm definitely giving Philip and Merimobiles the benefit of the doubt. I'm doing business with them despite all of the negative reviews. I pray they don't disappoint.

Cheers.

digisam

Feb 14, 2011
I ordered the herotab c8 02/02/2011 with all these negative feedback on merimobiles I are doing okay.

I will be shipped to Italy on 24/02/2011

say that I have to cancel my order?? :confused::confused::confused:

my concern is that the tablet does not come running.

I trusted merimobiles but now I have some doubts.

Someone has already bought the c8?? :confused::confused::confused:

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
I went ahead and ordered from Merimobiles on 2-7-11. So far the communication I've had with Philip has been excellent. I emailed him on the 9th and he responded by the 10th with answers to my questions. I'm praying that all goes well and I receive my MID in a timely fashion and in working order. So I'm going to say, so far so good. I emailed him again yesterday but I'm not expecting a quick response because of the weekend.

UPDATE:

Merimobiles emailed me today with my shipping and tracking info. Communication so far has been timely. So far so good.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
Okay. So I received it on the 15th. It ended up being delivered by Fedex Express for some reason but I'm not complaining. It arrived in 5 business days! I can't get stuff that fast domestically sometimes much less the other side of the planet. Kudos go to Merimobiles' distributor for the fast service.

Upon arrival, I began having issues with the unit crashing over and over. I contacted them and they got back to me within 48 hours. I was given a few tips on what to do. They also let me know that if I had anymore issues to feel free to return it under warranty. I decided to remove the battery and let it "rest" for 24 hours before trying to use it again. I went ahead and followed their advice and tried to flash the unit using the firmware and tutorial I found on Vplace.tk - Home . Didn't work. I found another tutorial on SlateDroid using a slightly modified method and it worked!!! I updated to the latest firmware from January and things have gotten much better. No more reboot loop but, certain apps still refuse to work. As long as the Kindle, Youtube, and Adobe apps keep working, I'll be a happy camper.

All in all, I can't really complain. the device has done about 90% of what I ask of it so that's a plus. The service and support from Merimobiles.com so far has been good. Could definitely be faster to answer emails but, they're going through some growing pains and I was willing to bear with them. I'll be doing business with them again very soon.

i00jay

Dec 23, 2010
Okay. So I received it on the 15th. It ended up being delivered by Fedex Express for some reason but I'm not complaining. It arrived in 5 business days! I can't get stuff that fast domestically sometimes much less the other side of the planet. Kudos go to Merimobiles' distributor for the fast service.

Upon arrival, I began having issues with the unit crashing over and over. I contacted them and they got back to me within 48 hours. I was given a few tips on what to do. They also let me know that if I had anymore issues to feel free to return it under warranty. I decided to remove the battery and let it "rest" for 24 hours before trying to use it again. I went ahead and followed their advice and tried to flash the unit using the firmware and tutorial I found on Vplace.tk - Home . Didn't work. I found another tutorial on SlateDroid using a slightly modified method and it worked!!! I updated to the latest firmware from January and things have gotten much better. No more reboot loop but, certain apps still refuse to work. As long as the Kindle, Youtube, and Adobe apps keep working, I'll be a happy camper.

All in all, I can't really complain. the device has done about 90% of what I ask of it so that's a plus. The service and support from Merimobiles.com so far has been good. Could definitely be faster to answer emails but, they're going through some growing pains and I was willing to bear with them. I'll be doing business with them again very soon.

You are ok with only 90% of a working product that you paid 100% for? That's odd. I bet every company had customers like you! LOL

I wasn't happy with my slate from them, it didn't work 100% as described and I ship that piece of garbage back!

I've now purchased an ExoPC and love it. It work, 100% of the time.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
You are ok with only 90% of a working product that you paid 100% for? That's odd. I bet every company had customers like you! LOL

I wasn't happy with my slate from them, it didn't work 100% as described and I ship that piece of garbage back!

I've now purchased an ExoPC and love it. It work, 100% of the time.

I'm not ok with 90% but whats the alternative? Send it back and wait 3-4 weeks before I hear back from them. Then wait another 3-4 weeks to get a new device that could be worse than the first? I don't have that kind of time to waste. Besides, with the new firmware release yesterday, things have gotten that much better. I reloaded all the apps that didn't previously work. They work fine now. Also, I don't have $550+ for an ExoPC. That's great that you can afford one but I cant. So next time please, if you have nothing helpful or useful to say, keep it moving.

Last edited:

martonic

Jan 18, 2011
I'm not ok with 90% but whats the alternative? Send it back and wait 3-4 weeks before I hear back from them. Then wait another 3-4 weeks to get a new device that could be worse than the first? I don't have that kind of time to waste. Besides, with the new firmware release yesterday, things have gotten that much better. I reloaded all the apps that didn't previously work. They work fine now. Also, I don't have $550+ for an ExoPC. That's great that you can afford but I cant. So next time please, if you have nothing helpful or useful to say, keep it moving.
This is the real problem - stuff that does not work. I spent $24 to send back a defective tablet on January 10.

It's now February 23, and I still have no information about when or whether I will ever get a replacement for the unit I purchased last year. I paid the price of the unit, the high cost of shipping, and the cost of shipping it back - and I have nothing to show for it two months later.

cheekymcgee

Jul 6, 2010
I hear what you're saying. Customers shouldn't have to eat the cost of return shipping for a defective product we ordered from them. Sad truth is that Merimobiles has to protect themselves as well from rising shipping costs. When my customers have to return something defective, I send them a call tag if it was indeed our fault. If they ordered the wrong product, it's on them. Too bad this policy isn't a rule with more businesses. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having. I consider myself extremely lucky that my device wasn't a brick upon arrival and all my issues turned out to be firmware related.

Sadly, this is the nature of the beast when it comes to these devices coming from China. I researched for over a year and read every review I could find on some of these vendors. I joined all the Android Forums out there to get an idea of what I was getting myself into. Truth is, it's a gamble. I knew very well I could be throwing my money away. That's one of the reasons why I waited so long to order. I truly hope they can come through for you and get you a working product within a decent time frame. best of luck my friend.

jjsink

Mar 1, 2011
I ordered the docking station for the Zpad for my Viewsonic gTablet. Ordered March 5, 2011 received March 19th. No complaint about notification... I just ordered it and forgot about it.
HDMI works well although picture on TV is not what I anticipated USB input to run a little keyboard (Gear Head model KB1500U) is excellent. Can't figure out what to enter as ip address when plugging into LAN. One I get from ipconfig on my pc (not the server) does not work) Didn't have much time to mess with it though.
gTablet charges fine while in the docking station.

Viewsonic gTablet with TNT Lite 4.2.1