Newbees Please read this first

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
This forum has tons of really great information in it, but it is getting a little bit out of hand with new questions that have already been answered somewhere in the forum.

If you don't have the time to look at all the posts, there is an option to do a "search" on the forum to see if your question has already been answered.

The search is at the top right side of the main page: Look at the line at the bottom of this post - it's on the right.

Even if you don't see your exact question, maybe you can find the topic that is close. For example: Movies or Wifi.

If we all help "a little" it will mean "a lot" to all of us.

[h=2]Forum: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Forum[/h]

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
If you dont "feel like" answering n00b questions, dont.
Like it or not tablets and HC are new and most people will have questions at some stage.
FWIW search has always been hit and miss for me here.
We're not all elitist but this forum has more than its fair share :(

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
You missed my point completely. I love reading what everyone has to say, it's just that this forum is starting to get "flat and wide". We have over 28 pages of information already.

Do you read all 28 pages? And it's going to get worse. What I am proposing is that we (all of us) try a little housekeeping and group questions, comments in a common thread so that it makes it easier for all of us to find the topics that we are interested in.

For example, we are doing a pretty good job on putting all information on video conversions in 3 or 4 threads. This makes it so much easier for someone who is looking for information on video conversion.

Right now, this forum is not too big, but once it gets to 100's if not 1000's of topics, it will be hard to not repeat questions that are already there. I've been in forums that have asked the same question hundreds of time. My personal opinion is that it fills the forum with a lot of "noise".

Just trying to do a little preventative housekeeping.

Ken

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Ken isn't asking the "Newbees" not to post questions. He's asking them to post their questions in an existing thread rather than begin a new thread for each question. The number of 3.1 related threads out there is an example of what he's talking about. This sort of thing makes it much more difficult to search the forum. You get lots of hits and have to go from thread to thread in order to see if your question has already been discussed/answered.

Last edited:

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Repetitive questions like "Why do I not have 3.1 yet" do need to be kept in the same thread. People keep creating new threads and asking the same exact questions as asked recently.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
We are an open and friendly forum and we encourage our members to use the search function first, but it's understandable that some answers are hard to find in large threads. If there are multiple threads on the same topic (ie: "Where's my update" threads or "Which one is better" threads), then use the Report Post (Triangle with !) function so we can review the threads in question. Ultimately, if you can't easily find an answer then feel free to post a question. Chances are it'll help many more people.

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
\ If there are multiple threads on the same topic (ie: "Where's my update" threads or "Which one is better" threads), then use the Report Post (Triangle with !) function so we can review the threads in question. Ultimately, if you can't easily find an answer then feel free to post a question. Chances are it'll help many more people.

Had no idea about the Report Post function. Thanks for the info.

Ken

kwhabq

Apr 27, 2011
This thread is self incriminating - and I confess I am adding to the chaff.

There is not one post in the thread, including mine, that is of assistance to understanding technical subjects on the A500. To reduce clutter the moderator would do well to delete the thread, and help keep the forum smaller.

Just my 2 cents.

Another of many Kens.