Newbie with 7015b Coby

ylomnstr

Feb 10, 2012
Mine finally arrives tomorrow. Can't wait. So, just to be clear, this version already comes with Android 2.3 gingerbread?

ylomnstr

Feb 10, 2012
Just got mine today and I'm rooting it now. Anyone else notice how crazy sensitive the accelerometer is? It flips the screen on me with the slightest tilt. Anyway to adjust that? Or may I have a faulty unit?

ylomnstr

Feb 10, 2012
Also, seems z4root won't work for me. It installs, and I press permanent root, and it starts its process, then Z4 root just closes (no error) and it doesn't reboot. Using z4 1.3.0. The last thing it hangs at is aquiring root shell then it just closes. I've reinstalled it several times

awl10293

Feb 21, 2012
AboveTheLogic...hey did you ever get ClockworkMod to work? If so, can you outline the steps. Thanks a bunch!

AboveTheLogic

Feb 19, 2012
I couldnt get z4root to work, ended up using zergrush to root.

No luck on clockwork yet, i havent tried in a few days, though.

My screen flips around easily also. I found a rotation lock app that helps a bit.

BSF

Feb 24, 2012
I'm new here.. I just got the groupon deal for the Kyros MID7015B. I charged it overnight. When the AC power is plugged in, I can see the green indicator that it is charged up, but when I unplug.... The tablet will not turn on....period. Seriously, shouldn't I only need to push the power on button and I should get something...anything on the screen? I've tried to Reset multiple times, push Reset/Power On simultaneously...nothing. Is there something 'obvious' that I should do that I'm missing? Charge and power on...sounds right to me? Anyone else had this issue? Brand new out of the box....

awl10293

Feb 21, 2012
BSF, on mine, I sometimes have to hold down the power button for 5-7 seconds before "COBY" appears on the screen and it boots up.

outlaw1092

Feb 22, 2012
Still havent got this thing to work right.

When you mention looking at the properties in the Hardware ID, do you mean the USB Mass Storage Devices?
Mine look like this:

USB\VID_1058&PID_1110&REV_1032
USB\VID_1058&PID_1110

When I tried to change the Device Driver, I never got a message asking for AndroidEclair.

Im not sure If I installed the correct files of SDK.
Which do I need for this?
I can't seem to get the adb to work when in the Command Prompt. I get:

'adp' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file

Im guessing my adb prgram is not correct or not installed. Where would it be located (which folder)?
Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Thanks.

AboveTheLogic

Feb 19, 2012
I mean you change the string in the .inf file that the instructions I linked to talk about.

When running adb, you need to have the command prompt window IN the folder where the adb command resides. In my case, its here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

AboveTheLogic

Feb 19, 2012
I decided to sell it. Here's my listing, if anyone wants to buy a rooted Kyros here it is:

*ROOTED* Coby Kyros MID7015-4G 4GB, Wi-Fi, 16GB SDHC (716829701508) | eBay

It's not for me. Not enough power. I'm glad I bought it because now I know my way around Androids, at least 2.3.3. I'll buy something more powerful later.

I never did revisit clockworkmod. I did get the android market, amazon appstore, fdroid, and other repos to work, and it is rooted.

outlaw1092

Feb 22, 2012
When running adb, you need to have the command prompt window IN the folder where the adb command resides. In my case, its here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools

I understand about where to have the Command Prompt. The problem is, I don't see the adb program in my folders. I'm not sure if the extraction and install went right.

Which options do I need to make sure are checked when installing SDK?

I mean you change the string in the .inf file that the instructions I linked to talk about.

I understand that you need to change the string in the .inf file, but I'm not sure which part I need to change for the Properties I have.

When you mention looking at the properties in the Hardware ID, do you mean the USB Mass Storage Devices?
Mine look like this:

USB\VID_1058&PID_1110&REV_1032
USB\VID_1058&PID_1110

QUOTE]

Thanks for your help.

AboveTheLogic

Feb 19, 2012
the parts i changed are in bold:

9. Right underneath the section labeled [Google.NTx86] paste in the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&REV_0226&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&MI_01
; Android Eclair
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C02&MI_01
%SingleBootLoaderInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0FFF

10. Right underneath the section labeled [Google.NTamd64] paste in the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&REV_0226&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_DEED&MI_01

outlaw1092

Feb 22, 2012
Never mind the last post. I got adb working.

Now just need to get su working.

Thanks for your help.

Im sure Ill be back with more questions.

Last edited: