Novo 7 Tornados cant detect any SD cards

sukukia

Jul 4, 2012
Hi, just got my Novo 7 Tornados 2 days ago and I am very happy with it until this morning.
when I start the tablet, both the internal SD and external SD cards are all cant be detected at all, cant be found in FileManager or Setting->Storage. It just goes empty.
can anyone help me with this problem?
tq!:(

ghoss

Jul 20, 2012
hi again... i googled and found this. i tried it and it works. but all the data in the internal sd card was erased though.. if you may as well this out.

EDIT:

How to prevent this from happening / How to fix this problem

Once you get this error unfortunately you'll need to format the SD card from inside the recovery menu (hold down volume up and volume down as you boot the tablet). You will lose all data stored on the internal SD card.

Boot into recovery menu.

Format the media partiion.

Reboot and connect the tablet to your PC.

Once connected, turn on USB mode so you can copy/move files from the tablet with your PC.

Once the internal SD card is mounted on your PC, format the internal SD card with your computer to FAT32 with 64k cluster/allocation size.

Unmount from the PC. Turn off USB mode on the tablet. Reboot. You should be good to go.

source: >>
Internal SD card trouble. Checking for errors... - SlateDroid.com - Page 3

2cool4me4

Jun 29, 2012
You don't have to do the part with the PC, I didn't have to at least.

Me said:
I just had that same problem. You will need to turn off the tablet, then turn it back on, pressing the power AND volume - button. It will say Upgrading... Please wait, just wait a few seconds for the recovery options to turn up. Once you are there, select "wipe user partition" using the vol + and - buttons. When you are there, select Yes (whoever put in so many No's should be whipped with a noodle) and wait for it to finish. WARNING: THIS WILL WIPE ALL OF YOUR PICTURES AND APPS THAT YOU COPIED TO THE SD CARD!!!
After this has finished, select reboot tablet, wait for Android to boot, and you should be able to either mount the internal SD or it will be done for you.
I posted that on a different topic.

jani15

Jul 22, 2012
Thank you very much...... i have bought 2 tornados..... one tab had same problem ..... but after that procedure you mentioned above..... now working alright..... even i format sd card to FAT32 with default allocation size..... not 64 k. anyway you can detect both locations your internal memory and your external sd card after procedure....

if you have any idea..... my one tab touch is not working properly as compare of other.... can i improve accurate touch on my tab..... thanks in advace.

aram19

Sep 24, 2012
hi again... i googled and found this. i tried it and it works. but all the data in the internal sd card was erased though.. if you may as well this out.

EDIT:

Once you get this error unfortunately you'll need to format the SD card from inside the recovery menu (hold down volume up and volume down as you boot the tablet). You will lose all data stored on the internal SD card.

Boot into recovery menu.

Once connected, turn on USB mode so you can copy/move files from the tablet with your PC.

Once the internal SD card is mounted on your PC, format the internal SD card with your computer to FAT32 with 64k cluster/allocation size.

Unmount from the PC. Turn off USB mode on the tablet. Reboot. You should be good to go.

does this method permanently fixed the problem??im talking about connecting the tablet to pc and formating the internal sd card to fat32 64k? i always do the media partition format when i encounter this prob. but it keeps going back..im not yet tried formating the sd card through my pc.

aram19

Sep 24, 2012
Thank you very much...... i have bought 2 tornados..... one tab had same problem ..... but after that procedure you mentioned above..... now working alright..... even i format sd card to FAT32 with default allocation size..... not 64 k. anyway you can detect both locations your internal memory and your external sd card after procedure....

if you have any idea..... my one tab touch is not working properly as compare of other.... can i improve accurate touch on my tab..... thanks in advace.

upgrade your tablet's firmware to the latest one.

Sehrish

Oct 22, 2012
the given help i am not getting it, pleae help me how to fix the same issue in settings menu, in seetings there storage menu is not detecting SD cards both internal and external, and shows mount SD card but when i click to mount it doesn't work, Please help i am so upset having this issue, it also formatted my external SD card :( :confused:

EDIT:

Boot into recovery menu.

Sehrish

Oct 22, 2012
how to format sd card to FAT32 with default allocation size..... not 64 k? what is the procedure, guide in detail please, and how one can protect from these issues, any software to download or any other precaution? please tell

Oct 30, 2012
You don't have to do the part with the PC, I didn't have to at least.

I posted that on a different topic.

sir i have the same problem on my tab ainol novo7 aurora 2.
internal and external sd card cant detect..

can i do it on my tab? those steps you posted..
pls help.