Off-Topic Discussion

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Oo

I know you were teasing about not seeing the snowman ( between me and you I believe Spider didn't really see it! ), but I didn't get the litter joke I mean,until you explained it. Don't get depressed though ....you are funny most of times!
Love the rainbow, I didn't know they have rainbows in LA.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

Rainbows are everywhere. All they need to appear is rain and sunshine.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
It might be the sand coming from China. The beaches in Miami they didn't have sand, it was just a bunch of bushes so to turn those into beaches they bought sand from other States. But I was reading lately that there is no more sand in the USA and here in Florida they need more and China apparently has a lot of sand but there is a law that prohibits to import sand from other countries but may be they fixed it because it looks like China's sand.

They are in need of sand on some beaches there due to storms eroding the them, but it's not coming from China:

Work planned to dump sand on eroded beaches - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

T
here is a sand shortage of sorts, but it has nothing to do with beaches. The fracking industry has hogged the nation's sand supply so glassmakers and metalcasters are feeling the pinch:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/business/news/5347228/sand-shortage-myth-or-reality

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
They are in need of sand on some beaches there due to storms eroding the them, but it's not coming from China:

Work planned to dump sand on eroded beaches - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

T
here is a sand shortage of sorts, but it has nothing to do with beaches. The fracking industry has hogged the nation's sand supply so glassmakers and metalcasters are feeling the pinch:

http://www.istockanalyst.com/business/news/5347228/sand-shortage-myth-or-reality

I was just trying to make a joke ....bad sand,coming from China,since most of defective products lately have been coming from there but, as JP said it before me, I guess it was funnier in my head!
But thank you, Sue for the links....I think is very interesting to see 'what's happening to our beaches and how expensive to keep them going.....let's try to enjoy them until we can!

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
I was thinking it was like me being up here in the northwoods and saying there is a shortage of trees. :)

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
LOL, that too. Although it is in the 40s so if it doesn't cool down soon, that might not be valid.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
So far, we've only had a dusting that melted before it hit the ground.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'm afraid you're right. Thanks to the "Lake Effect", Wisconsin and Indiana take a lot of it off of us, but we still get enough to keep the plows busy. Many times last Winter, we had heavy snow headed straight at us and it went over or under at the last second.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Last year Chicago got socked a few times, didn't they? Up here we have a North of 64 rule. North of hwy 64 seems to have a different weather pattern the south of it. It is not all that unusual for there to be snow in May and sometimes it is a crap shoot whether the ice will be off the lake on time for the start of fishing season. One of the reasons we live up here. The nearest stop light is 35 miles away. :)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Only 1 really nasty one, 4' to 5' drifts overnight, but the plows had already cleared the streets by 7 AM. Luckily we've got the equipment and expertise to clear it quickly and get on with business as usual. It's awesome to see the huge plows running 3 or 4 abreast at 50 MPH down the expressways.:cool:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Sounds like it would make a good reality show. :) We live on a gravel road and didn't even get plowed the last time.