Off-Topic Discussion

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum
I'be been looking at this tablet lately..... yes in my eyes is pretty much a tablet with amazing portability and telephone capabilities and I think it should be on this forum among the Samsung tablets....... Spider? Jp?

I saw this at best buy a couple of days ago. samsung tabs are really great screenwise but this one was on the small side for my taste. Now for the same price as a nook tablet the acer a100 is a 7 inch tablet that looks feature packed and comes with honeycomb

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I think it should be on this forum among the Samsung tablets....... Spider? Jp?

Not long ago, I tried to get a section for the Samsung Galaxy S and was told it was a phone. I'm afraid the same thing would happen with this one.:cool:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Not long ago, I tried to get a section for the Samsung Galaxy S and was told it was a phone. I'm afraid the same thing would happen with this one.:cool:

Well,Samsung's ads are saying that one is free to see it as a phone or as a tablet and here we are.....I think is a tablet with a cool feature.: it can make calls and here at the forum they think is a phone with all the feature of a tablet.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Samsung's ads are saying that one is free to see it as a phone or as a tablet

No argument from me, it'll be interesting to see what "The powers that be." decide what to do about this one. (I had a manager once who blamed all his unfavorable decisions on "The powers that be.", and I've waited years for a chance to use it, thanks Gloria.:cool:)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
No argument from me, it'll be interesting to see what "The powers that be." decide what to do about this one. (I had a manager once who blamed all his unfavorable decisions on "The powers that be.", and I've waited years for a chance to use it, thanks Gloria.:cool:)

Ha ha, nice use.

AnimaTechnica

Nov 4, 2010
Well,Samsung's ads are saying that one is free to see it as a phone or as a tablet and here we are.....I think is a tablet with a cool feature.: it can make calls and here at the forum they think is a phone with all the feature of a tablet.

I think devices are converging to the point it would no longer fit conventional definitions - tablets are consumption and communication devices so down the road perhaps screen size dictates what you call your device. I have a samsung galaxy tab that i make phone calls on using grooveip and video calls using Skype so technically it is not a phone but i use it as a phone. It seems to me they are delineating based partially on screen size.

The samsung player/note is clearly a shot in the bow of apple ipod - but we dont consider ipod a tablet because of the screen size.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I think devices are converging to the point it would no longer fit conventional definitions - tablets are consumption and communication devices so down the road perhaps screen size dictates what you call your device. I have a samsung galaxy tab that i make phone calls on using grooveip and video calls using Skype so technically it is not a phone but i use it as a phone. It seems to me they are delineating based partially on screen size.The samsung player/note is clearly a shot in the bow of apple ipod - but we dont consider ipod a tablet because of the screen size. Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
The ipod screen size is 4.4 x2.3 , you are right,too small to be looked at as a tablet but the galaxy note is 5.75x3.27 and sizewise in one's hand it doesn't feel like a phone, I assure you. I didn't know anything about the note when I saw somebody holding it and I thought: what a cute little tablet, let me check what it is and indeed it was a small tablet . Too bad that "The powers that be" think it's a big phone so we won't have it on the forum.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Foum

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Anima, I think you saw the Galaxy player 5.0 at Best Buy, I believe that the note, the one I'm talking about, didn't make it to the States yet.

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Well, it's December and we haven't had any snow in Chicago yet. Now that I've said that, we'll probably have a blizzard later today. The only sign of Winter so far was a layer of ice in the three tier Italian bird toilet/bidet[SUP]*[/SUP] on my patio, so I emptied it and covered it up for the Winter.

[SUP]*[/SUP] The lawn & garden shop called it a fountain, but the birds had other ideas.:cool:

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Our birds are spoiled. They have a heater in their birdbath to keep it from freezing. The more it snows, the less often I have to fill it.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1322747415255.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1322747415255.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 200

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Well, they're definitely creatures of habit. The fountain is covered and now they're crapping on the cover since they can't get at the fountain.:cool:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
There you go. Get a heater. Of course you still have to clean it once a week. :)

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Android Tablet Forum

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Well, they're definitely creatures of habit. The fountain is covered and now they're crapping on the cover since they can't get at the fountain.:cool:

You can put on the top of the fountain, one of those big diapers called wewe pads for teachi ng dogs where to do it, you might be able to teach birds too! I thought my dog how to put on her sunglasses by herself

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1322804514448.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1322804514448.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 179

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I'd probably have better luck putting your dog on top of the fountain. Knowing my birds though, I'd probably have to wash and disinfect her before sending her back home. These birds are very bold, I sometimes sit about 5' from the fountain reading a book on my Nook and they act like I'm not even there.:cool:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
There you go. Get a heater.

$Lights.jpg

That would be a good idea, but I've already put up my Christmas lights, as you can see, and I'm not sure the outdoor outlet can handle the lights and a hot tub for the birds. My wife nagged and nagged about putting up the lights and now that they're up she isn't talking to me. Sometimes I'm not sure she knows what she wants. :cool: