onda vx610w running 4.0.3 ics problem -i could use alot of help plz!!

racingdudebkr

Apr 12, 2012
so i wanted to check out androids new os ice cream sandwich. i got this tablet with the os, but there was no android market, just a crappy chinese 3rd party one. i first delt with it getting some apps here and there, then it got really annoying. i tried all of these methods to get the market, nothing worked. this one option included going into the system files and changing the market that was on the device and downloading the android market apk to it by replacing the old market with the downloaded file. i rebooted, and then there was only the new market, but it would forse close when opened. i tried a factory reset, and then it was saying that i had to remove apps if i wanted to download any apps because all the memory was used. originally, the device had an internal storage of 512 mb, and an internal sd card storage of 8 gigs. the storage for the main internal was reading total space (availible) 0.00 mb, and there was 30mb of apps showing on the internal. when im prompted to delete apps, it will send me to manage the apps, but theres nothing there than the stock apps!!!!! i tried getting the stock rom off a site, and something didnt work, i think the file was supposed to be an .exe program but it was something else. something tells me ive got a $110 paper wheight equivalent to the ainol novo 7:mad:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi racingdudebkr, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having so much trouble with your tablet. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet, so I'm going to move your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you. It's intended for folks who don't know what tablet they have and those like yourself who have a tablet that doesn't have a specific forum for it. Don't worry though, you'll have plenty of company there including a lot of folks with Onda tablets. Hopefully, someone will be able to make some suggestions for improving the useability of that tablet. Good luck!

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
There should be 4.0.3 upgrades around this forum somewhere, or contact onda for one. Most ics tabs can now get google play with this upgrade. As for memory, try an external sd card & move some apps over if you can-if they're moveable. I don't know much about the onda tab but I can't see why it shouldn't be as capable as any of the other tabs. Not forgetting were all still waiting for a lot of apps to become available for ics. Alternatively maybe you can load it from website or via sd card.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

Smog

May 14, 2012
I reflashed mine with the official Onda firmware 4.0.3 v 1.1 and got the android market that upgraded itself to google play.

just reflash yours....

Mine worked flawlessly after the upgrade and google play market is available from the new firmware.

I can't be any happier of that 85$ investment

but if you are still unhappy and your tablet is a VX610w v5 (in the serial number), I can send you 50$ for your "paperweight" shipped to northern NY

Last edited:

Lexridge

May 10, 2012
I reflashed mine with the official Onda firmware 4.0.3 v 1.1 and got the android market that upgraded itself to google play.

just reflash yours....

Mine worked flawlessly after the upgrade and google play market is available from the new firmware.

I can't be any happier of that 85$ investment

but if you are still unhappy and your tablet is a VX610w v5 (in the serial number), I can send you 50$ for your "paperweight" shipped to northern NY

This is the same tablet that is also sold branded as a Polaroid PMID701i or 701c. This could mostly likely be flashed with the Southern Telecom 4.0.3 firmware, which totally gets rid of all Chinese apps, keyboard and language. If you have the video out port, you will need to the 701c version. If you dont, you will want the 701i version. You will also need to know if you have the a10 or the A13 CPU for the 701i version.

I flashed my Polaroid PMID701i-10 with the Onda vx610w firmware just out of curiosity, and it worked fine.

See this thread regarding the Southern telecom firmware.
Southern Telecom/Polaroid Released 701i firmware

And see this forum for the Polaroid PMID701. These guys are making huge progress, and this all should work with the vx610w
Polaroid Tablets