Requesting Firmware Dumps from Coby Generation 3 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
Vampirefo, can you tell how Can I get all apps to show in Gapps like you did in your Rom? I cant seem to install yours... After I do the 7042_Boot1 (The one for Goodix), I get stuck at COBY.. So, I would like to know how I can get all apps to show instead of installing the system again.. This Rom Works, so I would like to know...

Thanks in advance, hope you can help me.
Note: I know I have to start by editing the build.prop. But what else?

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
Wont work.. Maybe something with permissions? But, besides, I see that the Rom only leaves around 1.75MB for System... I think that'll be a pro... Oh! And.. If I can manage to get my System DUMP to my tablet though CWM can I erase all the wrong done by livesuit..?

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Wont work.. Maybe something with permissions? But, besides, I see that the Rom only leaves around 1.75MB for System... I think that'll be a pro... Oh! And.. If I can manage to get my System DUMP to my tablet though CWM can I erase all the wrong done by livesuit..?
No that's not what cwm recovery is for, it can't fix any damage done via livesuite. However if this is image is really from coby, nothing would need to fixed. If you flash a 100% coby image you end up with a 100 % coby.

Danohall

Jun 3, 2012
Is anybody able to link to steev post on page 13 (post 123) about missing Google play apps? Either I'm too new to be able to download the xml.zip files or something has gone wrong with the site? I just got my 7042 up and running but a lot of apps are missing in Google play.

Prodina

Jul 28, 2012
I asked Coby's tech support to see if they could help with my 1042-8 and they gave me the three files below to try. I can now boot up the tablet but the screen calibration is off and if I touch in one spot it responds in another. It works if I plug in the mouse but that defeats the purpose of the tablet. Maybe someone could take a look at these files and get a working image so the calibration is correct.sun4i_crane_mid1042_120701(8GB)V1.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mike Hard
http://www.4shared.com/file/vInWjJ_x...20820Phip.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/lW0i6hhK...razyHamst.html

jcruckus

Nov 5, 2011
View attachment $bootloader.zip This is the the latest from the Coby 9742. Fresh off the production line...

I can only post the bootloader because the forum says the boot.img and recovery.img are too big..yet it doesnt tell me the limit.

Last edited:

MWalter

Oct 5, 2012
Thanks everyone for all your efforts with the Coby tablets. I've learned a lot reading this thread.
I have a new Coby MID9042 that I would like to do a ROM dump on before I risk bricking it and to share with the community.
Most of the scripts I've seen here are for folks running some version of Windows. I have Debian on my PC with ADB up and running.
I see the tablet using "adb devices" but do not yet have it rooted. I'm not new to Linux but I've never done anything with Android before.
Can someone post the sequence of commands I need to root the tablet and get the ROM dump?

manusilvestre

Sep 20, 2012
Thanks everyone for all your efforts with the Coby tablets. I've learned a lot reading this thread.
I have a new Coby MID9042 that I would like to do a ROM dump on before I risk bricking it and to share with the community.
Most of the scripts I've seen here are for folks running some version of Windows. I have Debian on my PC with ADB up and running.
I see the tablet using "adb devices" but do not yet have it rooted. I'm not new to Linux but I've never done anything with Android before.
Can someone post the sequence of commands I need to root the tablet and get the ROM dump?

Hi!I think this thread can help but I don't know if the process to root your tablet is the same.

MWalter

Oct 5, 2012
I took a look at that thread and got up to the "You might want to make a backup..."
So here is the dump for a MID9042

9042_system.tar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mark Walter
boot.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mark Walter
recovery.img - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Mark Walter

I'll need someone's help (someone who understands this much better than I do) to modify the image to one that is rooted and has Play Store.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Finally, a dump for the 9042. Looks as if I have a post to update tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.