Requesting Firmware Dumps from Coby Generation 3 Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

skristies

May 14, 2012
Hello people!

I also have an MID1126 and installed the JellyBean 4.1.1 and is working very well!
Do you have any idea about a JellyBean version for the MID9742?

Regards!

kevotinh

Aug 30, 2012
I am new here. and was wonder, how can I update aldiko after using "Firmware restore images for Coby Kyros 7042"

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Root your tablet, then use ES File Manager - which supports rooted devices - to remove Aldiko from /system. Then install the copy found on Google Play. The version of Aldiko included on the tablet has a different signature than the version on Google Play, thus they are seen as two different programs. The version on Google Play will see updates while the version in /system will not.

bryella

Sep 1, 2012
no one made an image recovery for MID1042.. some users already attached their MID1042 dump files but no one seems to use it for making a recovery file for brick MID1042..

RcTricia

Aug 31, 2012
steev we have a winner. You are the man...sent from my 7042:rooted by steev

hi guys everything works so far but there is no google play store in this one I installed the first image and the multitouch stopped working and i only realised that after i installed some games from the app store. So i installed this one the dual ts image but there was no white shopping bag and i installed the apk for the play store and it keeps crashing but the multitouch works now but if i go to the website for google play it says i have already installed apps but i am not seeing them any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

ziggyzag

May 18, 2012
Traveller1701 said:
No need for thanking posts. There is a "Thank" button at the right of my post. Hit that to thank me.

have you ever used the app that androidtabkets recommends you install from play. There is no thank you button traveller, in fact, there is not a thank you feature whatsoever. The app is nice cause there are less ads and its quicker. So to get into the site on the tablet just to thank someone is a bit of a stretch. Id just assume this is a thankless sharing of solutions. How nice, he thought enough of it to post thank you, thats nice. Are you mad cause he didnt atdd to your thank you tally. :p

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
plz add this rom whit googleplay work perfect mid7042 by Gasei

DepositFiles

where does the image come from? what is the base?

steev roms are elf based, is the rom you are linking to elf based also?

also what version of 7042 is this rom for?

Last edited:

jailuis

Aug 8, 2012
I installed it and I can tell that that ROM is basically what I did to get Gapps on my tablet. (Can be found here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ng-google-play-7042-freezing-solution-me.html)
Although it works great, most apps are not appearing in GPlay, for example, Ebuddy is shown as non compatible and because of that, wont appear in the list. This happens for a lot of apps too, so, any advice would be really great actually...Thats the only defect that I found. Besides that, runs smooth on Goodix, and Gapps is installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.