[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Just one issue I should mention is that after upgrade process and everything finished, I went to setting and took a look at menus, then I plugged-in the charger in 35% battery status, and suddenly the tablet got shut down. I totally scared of having it in brick situation! but after a while the display turned on and showing the green ball charging icon in 35%. I pressed power button and it turned on and booted to android. It works so faster than previous cm11 and It's still alive! :D
Hi, do you still have this issue with the battery?

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I think I've just made it possible to record video! The CM camera app still crashes, but that seems to be a different issue, and I've installed a different camera app and that one works :)

The fix is in /etc/media_codecs.xml

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Okay, fixed GPS, and FIXED VIDEORECORDING! :cool: Lollipop is now on feature parity with Kitkat, and there's even a very slim chance that cast to chromecast might be solved.

Also, I found a stupid bug, I've had GPS logging turned on, which filled up /data/gps/log/ with useless garbage. So, after you update, best to open a terminal, become root:

Code:
su

and remove the garbage:

Code:
rm /data/gps/log/*

cm-12.1-20160318-UNOFFICIAL-kai.zip (md5: b2d7afa55d9d11b9a7525ed3130e59dd)

Libi

Mar 19, 2016
Hi guys, just updated to cm 12.1 and maybe its a noob question, but how can I get root with this update?

Libi

Mar 19, 2016
Many thanks.... I think Im blind :D

Okay, so In developer options Root access enabled, but still cant get root. Can you explain me a bit more detailed. Many thanks.

Last edited:

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
After install in cwm you click on root?

If yes do it again and read the info in first page " If you're using cwm, please ignore its offer to fix root after installation, on lollipop root works quite differently than on kitkat. "

If you do so, then root works

Libi

Mar 19, 2016
After install in cwm you click on root?

If yes do it again and read the info in first page " If you're using cwm, please ignore its offer to fix root after installation, on lollipop root works quite differently than on kitkat. "

If you do so, then root works

I used twrp. so I need to use cwm?

Edit:
With cwm, no probs.

Last edited:

Mister X

Feb 11, 2016
Sorry i see it now, i use the recovery from PJ i cant say something to twrp.
If i see cwm works for you thanks for your answer.

profeet

Aug 17, 2014
I have strange bug. Video call not working (Viber - not activate video calls, Skype - I see, but green screen for other). Anybody can confirm.
CM12.1 build 18.03.16 , video record works fine.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
I have strange bug. Video call not working (Viber - not activate video calls, Skype - I see, but green screen for other). Anybody can confirm.
CM12.1 build 18.03.16 , video record works fine.
Well, video recording is an utter hack in this rom. Can you get logcat from Skype first?