[ROM][5.1.1] AOSP-5.1.1 / CM-12.1 for Lenovo a2109 (20160901)

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
First, make sure you have adb installed on your computer, and, preferably, that it is in your path. On your tablet, make sure that you've activated developer options, and that you've activated adb (Android Debug Bridge). Then on your computer do:

Code:
adb logcat

The first time, you probably have to accept adb access in a dialog on the tablet. After that, you'll see all log output of the tablet on your screen. Now trigger the bug that you're interested in and capture logcat output.

Are you on Linux? Because I like to do things like:

Code:
adb logcat | tee log.txt | less

This pipes the output to a less buffer and to a file as well. I don't know how this works on windows.

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
You can put the output to a text file on Windows like this:
Code:
adb logcat > log.txt

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
Here's a little treat for testing while waiting for new lollipop builds - TeamWin Recovery! I've only tested making a back-up, not restoring one, so only try this if you don't mind losing your data. It's NOT compatible with cwm backups. I'll soon use it on one of my own tablets.

twrp-recovery-2.8.7.0-20160303.img (MD5: bc56af770828092271fd92d11021bbcc)

If you test, please report your experiences.

EDIT

Sources are here: GitHub - PJBrs/android_device_lenovo_kai at cm-12.1-twrp: Lenovo Ideatab A2109A (kai)

adb sideload works fine.

Last edited:

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
FINALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!

The camera is slightly working! Video recording only crashes the camera, switching cameras crashes the camera, but upon restarting the camera app the camera actually has switched. Taking pictures works.

I finally am getting the impression that this whole Lollipop thing might end up complete!

TODO: fix email app crash, fix autobrightness turning of the screen. That last one is pretty bad and I'd like it fixed before I put up a new build.

By the way, I now have 11 unique downloads for the last Lollipop build, and no more brick reports since. I'm also getting a little bit of confidence back :)

kin-kwok

Feb 14, 2016
FINALLY GETTING SOMEWHERE!!!!

The camera is slightly working! Video recording only crashes the camera, switching cameras crashes the camera, but upon restarting the camera app the camera actually has switched. Taking pictures works.

I finally am getting the impression that this whole Lollipop thing might end up complete!

TODO: fix email app crash, fix autobrightness turning of the screen. That last one is pretty bad and I'd like it fixed before I put up a new build.

By the way, I now have 11 unique downloads for the last Lollipop build, and no more brick reports since. I'm also getting a little bit of confidence back :)

Sound great!! When will you post the latest build? The latest CM11 works great except cast screen. It works better on the new motherboard!!
Would really like to try the latest CM12.1 if the camera works :)

KK

joebine

Jan 14, 2015
First, make sure you have adb installed on your computer, and, preferably, that it is in your path. On your tablet, make sure that you've activated developer options, and that you've activated adb (Android Debug Bridge).

I have turn on ADB and My PC see my tablet but says it is offline..

I try to find a way to fix this but I can't. I am on Win 10.

jeremy6652

May 9, 2015
You could also try using the LeTools adb.exe if you don't already. Other adb versions sometimes won't work for me either.

PJBrs

Developer
Dec 29, 2014
... You did activate adb under developer settings, right?

DBlake

Nov 29, 2013
The LeTools ADB doesn't work for newer Android versions because of the adb authentication. Use the mini adb installer for adb.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk