[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 for S7 Slim (ALPHA)

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
taki01 said:
how install boot_reduced_memusage.img ?

Conect tablet to pc in fastboot mode ..go to command prompt and directory where you download boot img and enter that command (enter first one) and that is all.You can type after that "fastboot reboot" to reboot tablet.

Last edited:

extremez3r0

Oct 13, 2012
Hi. I've tested the 20121019 and new recovery img. Nothing new on a fist glance, except by Apollo and lock screen :) (i love you asturel)

But SDCard problem still here =/ I can't use my sd.

When i try open Gallery it says: "No storage. No external storage avaliable.", but my sdcard is in. On settings i can see:

USB STORAGE
Total Space: 3.69GB
Avaliable: 3.30GB
Umount SD card.

It means that Android recognized my sd. It should be some configuration problem.

I think that can be some fstab problem. Asturel, some idea?

THanks all :)

=======================

I'm searching the solution for my sdcard. And i found a variable that holds a location for the sdcard. This is $EXTERNAL_STORATE.

"export EXTERNAL_STORAGE /mnt/sdcard0" on /init.goldfish.rc

I've tryied change to /mnt/sdcard1 and push on device againt, but no success. What is the file that i need change asturel? I think that is the way.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
@ extremez3r0

You should install original rom not trizet rom or pirate rom, take from here HUAWEI IDEOS S7 Slim - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Place your downloaded file in external sdcard/micro sd, turn off your device, and turn on again, wait until this rom finish installed on your device. Pull out your sdcard and press power button again.
Go to setting-storage-format internal storage. Check android debugging and unknown sources, Copy asturel rom and gapps to internal storage.

Flash twrp recovery 2.3.1.1 in fastboot screen and reboot your device, then reboot to recovery screen.
Wipe cache and darlvic cache, factory format, wipe android security, wipe rom. Install asturel rom from internal storage, then wipe cache again and darlvic cache, then install gapps, and last reboot system.
Check in setting-storage- your internal and external storage should be show in detailed. Dont forget to deleted original rom from external storage/micro sdcard before you put in to your device.
Sorry if i wrong this tutorial, but its my experience before you got the same case on me. Hope this will help everyone who is asking how to installed this rom. Cheers....

Last edited:

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
My trouble still the same, cant play live streaming video from stock browser and another browser with support plug-ins, starting from first cm9, cm10 2012-10-18 and last paranoid pa-s7-2.23. Anyone can confirm have same problem with me or just only me have this trouble? Cm9 2012_09_13 with flash player 11.111.115.12 can play youtube from stock browser but unfortunately cant play with another web live streaming video, like example cnbc live or dailymotion or the other web streaming. Hope anyone can give clue, im confused cause this. I take all version of flash player from here :
Archived Flash Player versions

dzonikg

Sep 2, 2012
Timeline said:
My trouble still the same, cant play live streaming video from stock browser and another browser with support plug-ins, starting from first cm9, cm10 2012-10-18 and last paranoid pa-s7-2.23. Anyone can confirm have same problem with me or just only me have this trouble? Cm9 2012_09_13 with flash player 11.111.115.12 can play youtube from stock browser but unfortunately cant play with another web live streaming video, like example cnbc live or dailymotion or the other web streaming. Hope anyone can give clue, im confused cause this. I take all version of flash player from here :
Archived Flash Player versions
I use 11.1-111115012 with stock browser ,works with "from sport" live streaming i watch and some few else i tryed...you must consider that if that stream is hd it want play,cpy is way to slow for that..and consider that in Jelly Bean flash is not suported.

If u use 2.23 do you have notification togles for gps and rotation ?

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
I use 11.1-111115012 with stock browser ,works with "from sport" live streaming i watch and some few else i tryed...you must consider that if that stream is hd it want play,cpy is way to slow for that..and consider that in Jelly Bean flash is not suported.

If u use 2.23 do you have notification togles for gps and rotation ?

I dont understand what should i do, in this case im not play streaming video in hd, but play video normally like the other use.
About notification toggle for gps inpa 2.23 rom, i'll be flash again and report back. As i know rotation is fine and both notify toggle, includes lockscreen its same with cm10 2012-10-18. But i think pa 2.20 more stable and much better than pa 2.23 it always crash sometimes, but we need to someone else confirmed too. Thanks for asturel and everyone if any idea and better solution for my trouble. Cheers....

Last edited:

wgnr75

Apr 24, 2012
@ extremez3r0

You should install original rom not trizet rom or pirate rom, take from here HUAWEI IDEOS S7 Slim - Huawei Device Co., Ltd..

Place your downloaded file in external sdcard/micro sd, turn off your device, and turn on again, wait until this rom finish installed on your device. Pull out your sdcard and press power button again.
Go to setting-storage-format internal storage. Check android debugging and unknown sources, Copy asturel rom and gapps to internal storage.

Flash twrp recovery 2.3.1.1 in fastboot screen and reboot your device, then reboot to recovery screen.
Wipe cache and darlvic cache, factory format, wipe android security, wipe rom. Install asturel rom then wipe cache again and darlvic cache, then install gapps, and last reboot system.
Check in setting-storage- your internal and external storage should be show in detailed. Dont forget to deleted original rom from external storage/micro sdcard before you put in to your device.
Sorry if i wrong this tutorial, but its my experience before you got the same case on me. Hope this will help everyone who is asking how to installed this rom. Cheers....

I`ve have the same problem witch sd card. I`ve done everything is possible and can`t access the external sd card...

Thanks everybody !

Still fighting!

Timeline

Jan 6, 2012
I`ve have the same problem witch sd card. I`ve done everything is possible and can`t access the external sd card...

Thanks everybody !

Still fighting!

It should be successful if you doing my tutorial, because in my device setting-storage, now can be read internal or external and usb flash disc/portable hardisc.

PS. To mount usb flashdisc or portable hardisc use apps Q5 USB Memory Stick Manager, download apk from here: http://android.gval.biz/
And to read, copy, paste, etc file in usb flashdisc or portable hardisc, i recommend use root explorer.

Last edited:

wgnr75

Apr 24, 2012
It should be successful if you doing my tutorial, because in my device setting-storage, now can be read internal or external and usb flash disc/portable hardisc.

PS. To mount usb flashdisc or portable hardisc use apps Q5 USB Memory Stick Manager, download apk from here: My Android Applications
And to read, copy, paste, etc file in usb flashdisc or portable hardisc, i recommend use root explorer.

I did it exactly as described in your and many others tutorials... I guess I am a really dumb ass or my device is broken... =(

Thanks to all

Still trying!

kalya

Sep 17, 2012

PS. To mount usb flashdisc or portable hardisc use apps Q5 USB Memory Stick Manager, download apk from here: My Android Applications

hello ,

to mount usb pendrive change the last line from system/etc/vold.fstab

this :
dev_mount udisk /mnt/udisk auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.1/usb1
with this :
dev_mount udisk /mnt/udisk auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0/usb2

save and reboot

Just_me

Sep 9, 2012
Asturel can you set that when you unlock device brightness changes for 1 point because I'm must do that every time when I want to use soft key (button's on right side)?

asturel

Sep 23, 2011
a guy (Ganster41) made a patch, which supports to use legacy qualcomm omx drivers on ics (hopefully it will ported to jb too), so _maybe_ there is a chance to get a working hardware video decoding! unfortunately im not at home, so it have to wait a little.. (about a week)