[ROM][FINAL][ Light ELF 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 ]

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Hey Tragidy, I just wanted to verify that being a Crystal user, I need to wait for your compatibility zips to use this ROM? If so, you said they are in the works, is it something we will have to wait a while for or should I keep checking this page on a regular basis? I'm totally excited to try out your ROM.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Until the patch notes, say support there is only speculation on my behalf and yours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

fabs2486

Jul 2, 2012
Hi there tragidy..

I just want to thank you for the a very nice ROM! Also thanks for the "3G Data" patch you provided, this ROM is now uber awesome!

Carole16

Nov 7, 2012
Hi, I'm new here and to installing roms! I've just installed the latest Light Elf and all went well. The only problem I've encountered so far is the fact that I can't get the Play Store to open. The screen briefly flashes when I press the icon but stays on the home screen. I've tried touching the icon on the right hand side of the home screen and creating a short cut and trying that but still can't get the play store to open. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I only installed from the 'lightelf253_signed.zip', should I have installed something else as well?

hankchad

Oct 24, 2012
Hi, I'm new here and to installing roms! I've just installed the latest Light Elf and all went well. The only problem I've encountered so far is the fact that I can't get the Play Store to open. The screen briefly flashes when I press the icon but stays on the home screen. I've tried touching the icon on the right hand side of the home screen and creating a short cut and trying that but still can't get the play store to open. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I only installed from the 'lightelf253_signed.zip', should I have installed something else as well?

Hi. You need to get the google apps patch from the link on page 21 and flash that like you did the rom.

Carole16

Nov 7, 2012
Hi. You need to get the google apps patch from the link on page 21 and flash that like you did the rom.

Thanks for the quick answer. I've applied the patch and the play store now opens but when I try to update an app I get an error message saying that it couldn't be downloaded due to an error (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:AEC:0]). I tried downloading a free game (Scratch and Guess Logo) and got 'Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-13]. So I'm stuck again!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Thanks for the quick answer. I've applied the patch and the play store now opens but when I try to update an app I get an error message saying that it couldn't be downloaded due to an error (Error retrieving information from server. [RPC:AEC:0]). I tried downloading a free game (Scratch and Guess Logo) and got 'Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-13]. So I'm stuck again!

Clear the data of Google play store and services, you didn't wipe before upgrade.

Carole16

Nov 7, 2012
Clear the data of Google play store and services, you didn't wipe before upgrade.

Cleared the data and cache and still can't update via play store. Sorry I didn't think I had to wipe before upgrade cos you've marked it as optional. If I wipe does that mean I lose all my apps and books I've put onto the internal storage?

Edit: Fixed it by deleting my google account in Settings>Accounts & Sync

Last edited:

CyrusDroid

Nov 7, 2012
Hey Tragidy,
thanks for your effort. I have basically a problem with your ROMs. when I try to flash them on my Elf II, I get "E:signature verification failed". I don't have this problem with other ROMs like Cyanogenmode. I put lightelf253_signed.zip on microsd and enter stock recovery, format/wipe then try to flash but it doesn't work! I downloaded it several times as I guessed the file was corrupted but no lock with your ROMs! I had the same problem with your older version of ROM. what am I missing? any help appreciated.

pierwiastekz2

Nov 7, 2012
hello everybody, just like fuser I'm crystal user, I wanted to cheer you tragidy in compatibility patch making.
crystal users group is growing fast, and I'm sure many of us would like to try you Light Elf out, since those two devices are quite similar.
greetings!

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
hello everybody, just like fuser I'm crystal user, I wanted to cheer you tragidy in compatibility patch making.
crystal users group is growing fast, and I'm sure many of us would like to try you Light Elf out, since those two devices are quite similar.
greetings!

This is on a todo list and should not be expected as I am now busy with an entire new version, sorry.