[ROM][FINAL][ Light ELF 2.6.0 Android ICS 4.0.4 ]

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I do respect that. I'll be checking light elf thread in crystal section from time to time.

Question, can you try to flash any of the packs that are up such as the root patch and tell me does it work on your recovery?

If so I may attempt a test version for you crystal users.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I can try and flash the root patch, I'm assuming I should flash it from the Stock Recovery and not Clockwork Recovery? Any other patches you'd like me to try? I'd also be willing to beta test any Crystal stuff. Like I said earlier, I'm totally sick of Christian Troy and CM10, its kind of functional but buggy as hell. I'd really like to move onto Light ELF and would love to be able to help out with any of the development. I'd also like to tell other Crystal users that they can ditch CM10 and there is a ROM that is worth using because all we have at the moment is problems and more problems.

perfect.xs

Oct 30, 2012
Hey Tragidy,
thanks for your effort. I have basically a problem with your ROMs. when I try to flash them on my Elf II, I get "E:signature verification failed". I don't have this problem with other ROMs like Cyanogenmode. I put lightelf253_signed.zip on microsd and enter stock recovery, format/wipe then try to flash but it doesn't work! I downloaded it several times as I guessed the file was corrupted but no lock with your ROMs! I had the same problem with your older version of ROM. what am I missing? any help appreciated.

I had this same problem and was NOT able to fix it using other recoveries(tried feiyu, 0626,0717,0926). There is a fix by installing an UNRESTRICTED rom(no device verification during ROM install). I used soulflier's darkelf unrestricted 1.1 from the apad site then flashed light elf from dark elf recovery. On the other hand, if CWM is working, then installing a stock recovery might be 1 less step. please let me know if this helped

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I think "np" is short for "no problem," so it looks like it's something that can be done but is a pain in the butt to do. That's how I read it at least.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Are you saying it can't be done?

It can be done and there are many other roms that have bluetooth support I however run a developer set 24x7x365 and can tell you the bluetooth stack causes more issues then its worth so I will not be adding bluetooth enabled to the 2.5 branch unless someone else wants to make a modular pack to enable it, I will sign it with an ainol signature so it works from firmware, add your notes and host it for you for free.

But I personally find that serial and bluetooth enumeration on this tablet is not worth the trade off, maybe the dark elf rom is more for you or a cyanogen mod light elf is meant to be stable and adding instability will not be on my list to do sorry.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
I can try and flash the root patch, I'm assuming I should flash it from the Stock Recovery and not Clockwork Recovery? Any other patches you'd like me to try? I'd also be willing to beta test any Crystal stuff. Like I said earlier, I'm totally sick of Christian Troy and CM10, its kind of functional but buggy as hell. I'd really like to move onto Light ELF and would love to be able to help out with any of the development. I'd also like to tell other Crystal users that they can ditch CM10 and there is a ROM that is worth using because all we have at the moment is problems and more problems.

CM10 is a great system just bloated.

Did the root patch work?

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
I'm happy to help but my tablet is already rooted, so I'll need to know what to do to test out the root patch. Do I need to unroot my tablet somehow or just flash the root file from Clockwork and tell you what happens?

CM10 isn't that great. I get really frequent random reboots, some lag/freezes on occasion, I can't get Flash to work, I can't underclock to 1.2ghz, it took a lot of trouble shooting to get rid of the SOD, the screen is not that responsive, the HDMI dual screen doesn't work and nothing beyond his 1.0 Compatibility Zip works for me. If I install any newer compatibility zip my wifi doesn't work. All I want is some stability and to be able to plug in my HDMI and see both the tablet and the TV at the same time and I'll be a happy camper.

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Its a simple question of does it say install sucess or fail it wont break your tablet, do it in ainol recovery.

heroslayer

Oct 21, 2012
Just wanted to say thanks again now that I donated this version even as good as it is seems obsolete now haha the jelllybean release is so great and on beta 4 can you implement the wifi fixer in default apps battery life is really up since your suggestion to me about that i now get 60hours standby and before on darkelf it was like 18 hours then battery die so thank you for the roms and fixes for problems good sir.

fuser

Developer
Nov 4, 2012
Flashed the root patch in Ainol Recovery and it says it was successful on my Crystal: "Install from sdcard complete."

Last edited:

tragidy

Jan 29, 2011
Just wanted to say thanks again now that I donated this version even as good as it is seems obsolete now haha the jelllybean release is so great and on beta 4 can you implement the wifi fixer in default apps battery life is really up since your suggestion to me about that i now get 60hours standby and before on darkelf it was like 18 hours then battery die so thank you for the roms and fixes for problems good sir.

I shall try.

Flashed the root patch in Ainol Recovery and it says it was successful on my Crystal: "Install from sdcard complete."

Great ill see what I can offer.