[ROM] Huawei Ideos S7 Slim Official Firmware

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
does anyone have a link to the official ROM? I tried rooting my device and the touchscreen is unresponsive now. I think i need a reflash.

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
I was able to resolve both the market issue and the gmail issue by performing a factory reset. I have however found out that if install any launcher at all, when I reboot th touchscreen doesnt work. To be fix i had to use adb to uninstall the extra launchers. I have tried with several launchers and all of them give the same results. I called huawei about it and the tech on the phone told me they dont support 3rd party software, but then again, the tech on the phone was a douche too... so i called back and got someone that would listen and is supposedly going to escalate the issue to engineering.
So with that being said, has anyone been able to install any launcher and have a functional tablet after a reboot?

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
I was able to resolve both the market issue and the gmail issue by performing a factory reset. I have however found out that if install any launcher at all, when I reboot th touchscreen doesnt work. To be fix i had to use adb to uninstall the extra launchers. I have tried with several launchers and all of them give the same results. I called huawei about it and the tech on the phone told me they dont support 3rd party software, but then again, the tech on the phone was a douche too... so i called back and got someone that would listen and is supposedly going to escalate the issue to engineering.
So with that being said, has anyone been able to install any launcher and have a functional tablet after a reboot?

i keep running into the same issue with adw and zeam. the default launcher is a pain in the a$$ especially since it is only landscape. responsiveness is also an issue. i hope we get a resolution soon.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

joelong

Feb 12, 2011
I have just encountered the same problem. I don't know how to do a factory reset with an unresponsive touch screen. What is "adb," where do you get it, and how do you use it?

aksoutherland

Sep 22, 2010
You can get adb from here Android SDK | Android Developers
Here is a link to a brief rundown on what commands you can run: Android Debug Bridge | Android Developers

Here are the commands that I used:
adb devices - will show you that your device is connected. USB debugging mode must be turned on.
adb shell
cd /data/app
ls
rm *Launcher*.apk - When you run ls, you will see a list of files in the folder. You are looking for the word Launcher. When you have the name of the app, should be something like this: com.fede.Launcher-1.apk is you are using Launcher Pro. The name will be different for each launcher you have installed.
Replace *Launcher*.apk with the actual name of the file.
Then run the next couple of commands:
exit
adb reboot

This will reboot the tablet and you should be all functional. If you have multiple Launchers installed you will have to remove all of them from the folder listed above.

Let me know if you have any questions.

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
successfully got my BB s7 slim flashed to south africa version. Now that I have the black rubber removed I'm gonna test my simcard if it works then the s7 slim is WIN

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
would like to know the result. if all the hardware is there, then you are just lucky get bonus from huawei.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
You will need to set up an APN file in the phone settings just as you would for the regular S7. Check the FAQ section for the S7 under phones. There is a very good tutorial on this. Just remember the slim was not sold as a phone but a wifi device only.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Thank you mosh. I did try these settings but for some reason when I back out they dont save? what did I do wrong I tried 6 times and it never saves my APN settings

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
Thank you mosh. I did try these settings but for some reason when I back out they dont save? what did I do wrong I tried 6 times and it never saves my APN settings

did you get any GSM signal?

AFAIK APN setting (preset or user saved) will appears if the system get "match cell/network ID number".

if you didn't get any GSM signal, system doesnt know what cell ID you are using, thus will not show preset or saved APN settings.

try to get GSM signal first, try select netwotk/search manually or try to change band GSM/WCDMA.

if searching/manually select network but you can not find any GSM network, perhaps something missing/not connected on your hardware.

Last edited:

FRUMHARLEM

Jul 10, 2011
I just bought a Huawei Ideos S7 tonight @ Best B. The cellular rep spent 25 minutes trying to stuff my SIM card in the slot, as he did it before with the last version of the S7. The black foam prevented this. However, reading here I see that it can be cut and the South African Firmware has the dialer program.
Has anyone had success as of yet?
I cannot find the Firmware on the Huawei Support site.
The 14 day return clock is ticking. If I can't get the SIM to work, I am going to exchange for the Samsung Tab 7 (wi-fi only). It is only $50 more ($349).

sungod88

Nov 22, 2010
Ok I don't think the hardware is connected. I tried to search for the signal but it wouldn't pick up my simcard. Also I noticed the sim cards dont sit in the slot firmly so I think huawei muffed up the design and then chose to scrap it all. It's still a great tablet but I would love to use my 3g. Maybe someone can prove me wrong hopefully and find out if its possible to make this work

yzambrano

Jul 16, 2011
Did you receive any private msg if someone can get sucess about SIM?

Enviado desde mi IDEOS S7 Slim usando Android Tablet Forum