[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

allexoss

Jan 3, 2011
tested on s7-101 - the light sensor it is not working eighter, like the camera. i have not tested the gps.

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
How we can root it

Sent from my IDEOS S7 2.2 using Android Tablet Forum

Just go here. You'll need to enable debugging for USB and install the drivers for adb. Once that is done you can run the superoneclick application to root the device. Just be sure to read through thread first ^_^

Apr 18, 2011
What are you using your sim card from your phone?ATT or Tmoible... I myself just spent an hr creating a mount for my truck (08 Nissan Titan) and I tether with my droid x I have unlimited data might as well use it haha... it sounds like your having problems...I am really surpised that this went so smooth on mine with no problems just like before cept with flash and o/c to 998

I have a SIM card from centennial wireless (a regional carrier bought out by ATT) with unlimited data. Like I said...A-GPS isn't working (unless it's now automated and you can't access it as a user), EDGE data is spotty and won't keep a connection (it's the OS not the network...I could stream pandora on the previous firmware...can't on 2.2), won't root with SOC (either method), GPS takes at least 10 minutes to get going without A-GPS, and the bluetooth/wifi will randomly re-enable after being disabled. I'm going to try and re-flash and format both the internal and external SD cards. Hopefully it will fix the problems. Here's hoping.

mochas7

Jan 11, 2011
Hello,

My upgrade went very well following all the great instructions in this forum! Thanks to everyone!

However, I have noticed one unexpected problem and would like to know if anyone else has experienced it.

I set up my google account for email and android market access (the same one as pre-update) and I had purchased a few apps. SOME of the apps are available to download, but SOME are not.

From the Android Market website, it says these apps are now not compatible with this tablet. Weird right? The tablet shows 2.2.2, and the minimum requirements listed for the missing apps range from 1.6 to 2.1.

Any ideas?

Entropy

Dec 24, 2010
Hello,

My upgrade went very well following all the great instructions in this forum! Thanks to everyone!

However, I have noticed one unexpected problem and would like to know if anyone else has experienced it.

I set up my google account for email and android market access (the same one as pre-update) and I had purchased a few apps. SOME of the apps are available to download, but SOME are not.

From the Android Market website, it says these apps are now not compatible with this tablet. Weird right? The tablet shows 2.2.2, and the minimum requirements listed for the missing apps range from 1.6 to 2.1.

Any ideas?
I believe that was one of the negatives of Froyo - The market does more compatibility enforcement, and sometimes does so in a stupid manner. Things that can make a difference:
Carrier (some apps are only available to some carriers)
Touchscreen type
A few other things...

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
OK, über Rookie here... Is it necessary to Root the S7 before this upgrade is performed OR after it is done? I have not done that and really have no need to do so unless it is required for the upgrade.

I have one paid for app - Graffiti Pro - that I hope to back up. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? I have the Rhythm Software File Manager installed which I think is letting me see the hidden files, so I think I should be able to copy that app to my removable SDCard (I will use a different card for the upgrade). I do not have any other files that I feel the need to backup. This is a still fairly fresh out of the box S7.

Will the upgrade include all of the apps that were preinstalled out of the box?

Best Buy S7-104 2 Cameras
Build number S7V100R001C28B010

Thank you!

lightflier

Jan 9, 2011
Hello,

Any ideas?

I noticed the same problem when I wanted to download applicatin that I use alot but the market didn't show it as available. I found the application onlie and installd it manualy.

JDubTrey

Feb 20, 2011
I haven't flashed yet but I have a general question about SOC: does using it require adb to be installed separately? Nowhere does it mention that adb is needed yet I see several references to it here. Is adb packaged with SOC?

Triune

Nov 29, 2010
I haven't flashed yet but I have a general question about SOC: does using it require adb to be installed separately? Nowhere does it mention that adb is needed yet I see several references to it here. Is adb packaged with SOC?

I don't have adb installed and ran SOC. Once I dl'd the drivers went smoothly.

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
OK, über Rookie here... Is it necessary to Root the S7 before this upgrade is performed OR after it is done? I have not done that and really have no need to do so unless it is required for the upgrade.

I have one paid for app - Graffiti Pro - that I hope to back up. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? I have the Rhythm Software File Manager installed which I think is letting me see the hidden files, so I think I should be able to copy that app to my removable SDCard (I will use a different card for the upgrade). I do not have any other files that I feel the need to backup. This is a still fairly fresh out of the box S7.

Will the upgrade include all of the apps that were preinstalled out of the box?

Best Buy S7-104 2 Cameras
Build number S7V100R001C28B010

Thank you!

My method was via Titanium Backup, In my case restored everything so would recommend this although I have been told that Mybackup is also very good.

Since it's a flash doesn't need to be a pre-rooted OS.

Rooting the device is post flash

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
My method was via Titanium Backup, In my case restored everything so would recommend this although I have been told that Mybackup is also very good.

Since it's a flash doesn't need to be a pre-rooted OS.

Rooting the device is post flash

So will Titanium Backup or MyBackup restore just the apps and not try to over write the OS?

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
Hello,

Any ideas?

I've seen this happen also, when I upgraded a phone from Stock 2.1 to Custom 2.2.2 the market no longer displayed n app that I had downloaded previously.

When I browsed to the market https://market.android.com it prompted me for the handset type only to be given a choice of a previous 1.6 version of the same handset.

The only thing that I could ascertain from this that the market must check handset type and known android version issued by the carrier because the only thing that I had change was the android version and my carrier. when I looked at the new carrier's same model handset it was indeed still at 1.6.

Anyway someone maybe able to enlighten us both.