[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

t.c

Feb 2, 2011
So will Titanium Backup or MyBackup restore just the apps and not try to over write the OS?
Titanium has a lot of options (haven't used MyBackup), all apps, all system data, apps + user data, move apps to SD etc to the best of my knowledge doesn't touch the base OS.
Suggest you have a look, I used all apps + data and upon restore it asks for reinstallation of each app so you can pick & choose.

You could do a trial run by doing a backup on 2.1, deleting something that is easily restored via the market, then doing a restore while still on 2.1.

After that do a backup to the SD card that you intend to run with 2.2(ie not the card you're flashing with) install 2.2 root the device download your prefered backup program from the market and do the restore.

Seem to be fairly straight forward for me.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
has anyone installed another home app like Launcher Pro or ADW AND still have the huawei home installed.

on every restart I have noticed it boots to the lockscreen.... anyway to change that?

and i have set Launcher pro as default home, but after every restart and getting past the lockscreen it defaults back to Huawei home desktop.

Also not seeing the 2 open wireless connections here at work, (before 2.2 upgrade) was working and seeing them fine....... force closes now in WIFI settings and just hangs at scanning. WIFI at home is fine.

any thoughts on these?

Last edited:

dgnyberg

Mar 22, 2011
I had the WIFI drop problem, and I checked all my settings and they were right.
So, I did another Flash of the new ROM (3rd Time) and the WIFI problem went away.
Just in Case, I am putting the apk files for my apps on the external SD Card so I don't have to DL
them all over again!!

Dave

DougP

Jan 2, 2011
I followed all the simple instructions and now my S7-104 is updated and rooted and runs like a rectangular lightening bolt!
Thanks to everyone who took the time to get this going for us all!

Now its time to play!!

dougp

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
S7-105, Phonehouse ,Portugal version everything working ..capacitive screen with internal sdcard and two cameras

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
BB-104 (dual, 8GB int)

Flashed, rooted via super one click. Everything appears to be working fine here.

Noticed there's only about 113MB left for user data. I know a lot of apps can be moved to the sd card, but that still doesn't seem like much left. I didn't like link2sd (having to reboot to see updated apps). I recently got a Vibrant which has a large partition for apps (part of the 16GB internal card). So, being a glutton for punishment, I revisited the app2sd thread.

Pleased to report everything went smoothly, and I now have almost 1GB for installing apps. Internal tablet storage now reports 142MB free (not that it will get used anyway). On the plus side, Huawei seems to have sorted out the internal/sd card designations on boot. The internal card is loaded as 179:1 and 179:2 whether or not a sd card is present at boot. SD card is loaded as 179:17 whether present at boot or inserted later.

How did u get the 1gb for installing apps?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

N8OAY

Mar 24, 2011
Titanium has a lot of options (haven't used MyBackup), all apps, all system data, apps + user data, move apps to SD etc to the best of my knowledge doesn't touch the base OS.
Suggest you have a look, I used all apps + data and upon restore it asks for reinstallation of each app so you can pick & choose.

You could do a trial run by doing a backup on 2.1, deleting something that is easily restored via the market, then doing a restore while still on 2.1.

After that do a backup to the SD card that you intend to run with 2.2(ie not the card you're flashing with) install 2.2 root the device download your prefered backup program from the market and do the restore.

Seem to be fairly straight forward for me.

I will try it out. I have 3 computers, 1 an ancient laptop, running Linux, but I am really timid about this thing. I know it is based on Linux, but still, I'm treading lightly. Maybe I'll be able to get braver after to 30 refund period expires...

Thanks, t.c.

kevcol

Apr 20, 2011
I upgraded 2.1 to 2.2 on a Telstra T-Touch and all seems to work apart from the email program which stops without being able to fetch mail from the Internet provider.
It says "The email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Try again"

I upgraded 3 times, once with another download but the problem persists.
Gmail works as does retrieving the same mail over the web.

Google suggests it is a common Android problem solved by clearing the email data cache, but that does not work for me.
One user suggested clearing all mail from all machines, particularly Australian mail, as the solution.
Being an Australian makes that a tall order.

PS Can you unlock this tablet and what does "rooting" do for you?

I bought the tablet cheap in BigW 2 daqys ago as a customer return not knowing it was completely locked to the previous customer and he had pilfered the sd card and usb cable.
I have ordered a micro usb cable hoping that will fit.
Google research suggested it was a "Dog" but I disagree.
I find it a bit chunky but considering it is Chinese home grown gear it runs really well especially with this new firmware.

detriod

Apr 20, 2011
Huawei Tablet S7-104, Purchase in Singapore, Updated without any problem. Original Launcher is much more smoother than Before. Really a BIG THANKS for the work ^^

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
@50cals, I run ADW and no problems when rebooting. Also no problems with the several wifi networks that I use.

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
I had the WIFI drop problem, and I checked all my settings and they were right.
So, I did another Flash of the new ROM (3rd Time) and the WIFI problem went away.
Just in Case, I am putting the apk files for my apps on the external SD Card so I don't have to DL
them all over again!!

Dave
I had the same problem with wifi tethering with my Droid X, it made it real annoying when I was listen to say Pandora or Slacker Radio in my truck with the S7 and it would drop the wifi. Well I switched to Barnacle Wifi Tether and I had to replace the Wpa Supplicant file in system/bin to see ad-hoc networks and it doesnt dropped at all and its actually stronger than before and it still connects to my home wifi too

Last edited:

majael

Nov 5, 2010
for camera issues, on devices with only front facing camera, install apk form this thread - http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...pment/7346-camera-swap-best-buy-s7-104-a.html, and works like charm.
regards, and thanks tri-zet and onedinas for makeing this possible.

So my version is S7-101 vendor mobikom austria front camera, internal - external mem, quallcomm - q8650
Gps, wifi, bluetooth, accelerometer, light sensor,camera working with camera swap apk - working
rooted with SOC
can't overckock with SetCpu - stoc freq are used 758 Mhz
battery life dont seem to be improved

Last edited:

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
BB-104 (dual, 8GB int)

Flashed, rooted via super one click. Everything appears to be working fine here.

Noticed there's only about 113MB left for user data. I know a lot of apps can be moved to the sd card, but that still doesn't seem like much left. I didn't like link2sd (having to reboot to see updated apps). I recently got a Vibrant which has a large partition for apps (part of the 16GB internal card). So, being a glutton for punishment, I revisited the app2sd thread.

Pleased to report everything went smoothly, and I now have almost 1GB for installing apps. Internal tablet storage now reports 142MB free (not that it will get used anyway). On the plus side, Huawei seems to have sorted out the internal/sd card designations on boot. The internal card is loaded as 179:1 and 179:2 whether or not a sd card is present at boot. SD card is loaded as 179:17 whether present at boot or inserted later.

hi lemmyslender, afaik app2sd have some limitation:
> can not move some apps which is not design to run from sd card
> can not move widgets
> still put some data/cache on phone memory

that's why i am prefer to use link2sd because it can move all apps and widgets.
but data/cache still make my phone running out of space when it was on eclair with 170MB data partition.
on new firmware with only 140MB i think i can not put all my apps back.

your post sounds interesting, do you mean now you can put all apps/widgets/data/cache to sd card?

alphacode

Apr 21, 2011
$2011-04-21-10-18-32-014.jpgHi Guys

Thanks for the links

Have Downloaded and installed as per install instructions and can report that all is working perfect (So Fast ;) ) on my S7 103. I can also confirm that you must install twice as instructed or it does hang at boot.

Regards

Alphacode

* A Life ! Where can i Download One ? *