[ROM] Indonesian Android 2.2.2 for Dual-Camera S7 S7v100R001C98B021

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I am having an issue with titanium back up. It won't batch restore. It's making me do it one by one, even when I follow the batch restore steps. I looked up how to use Titanium back up and followed them. Also, I read that you can't move data with apps cause you're moving from android 2.1 to 2.2. Anyone know anything about this? I don't have the patience to do it one at a time with over 300 apps. Any suggestions? My brain is starting to frazzle. But getting 2.2 is great!! Well worth the frazz....

@werewolfking- keep trying. I always had the loading bar with the red line progress. When it got to the end and all was red, I got the OK. Never more than 5 minutes. Maybe you should reformat the sd card in fat 32 and reload the dl file- I took out the notepad file and just used the 2 others. Good luck!

Last edited:

hartley95

Mar 25, 2011
Installed this morning on a S7-103 in Uk. didn't need to repeat after first OK. the bar went along til about 90% then it restarted itself this time going to 100% and showing OK. I then removed the battery and SD Card then it booted into 2.2.2. So far everything working, both cameras, wifi and GPS. From the install the only thing I've had to change is remove news feed for RSS reader. change the timezone. Thanks

Apr 18, 2011
Ok. I have the best buy s-104 dual camera, resistive screen, 1ghz CPU tablet. I flashed it to froyo earlier and I'm flashing back to Singapore ROM. Here is why: First A-GPS no longer works (I use my tablet for navigation so this presents a problem), EDGE data is being futzy (pandora will not stream properly and did under the Singapore ROM), Sync will not turn off, bluetooth and wi-fi will randomly re-enable themselves if disabled, and I have not been able to get root to work at all. I might try re-flashing with a fresh install but it's not looking good. Might run a few more tests and see what I can figure out. Though what I think it is is that the baseband is meant for indonesian phone networks and not U.S networks (we use "GSM" not GSM if you get what I mean) and I don't think 850mhz is enabled on this device. Which means I can only be on the 1900mhz GSM frequency and 1900mhz is fine for voice where I live but ****ty for data...I might try to find a way to re-enable it.

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
@werewolfking how long have you waited should only take like 10 mins at the very most?If i were you i would try flashing back to stock 2.1 and then going from there...and try to do it again

Last edited:

bustabob454

Apr 19, 2011
What are you using your sim card from your phone?ATT or Tmoible... I myself just spent an hr creating a mount for my truck (08 Nissan Titan) and I tether with my droid x I have unlimited data might as well use it haha... it sounds like your having problems...I am really surpised that this went so smooth on mine with no problems just like before cept with flash and o/c to 998

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
I just finished the update to 2.2 and have to admit it rocks. the only issue I now have is trying to root the blasted thing. (again). I run a laptop with windows xp and linux dual boot. The s7 drivers for windows are for windows 7 and I cannot seem to get them to load so the xp system will not recognise the s7. Is there a way to root using linux? BTW thanks to all our Indonesian friends who were kind enough to put in the time and get us this great update. Any assistance would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Moshe

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
SOC not working for me either
All drivers installed and connection sound shows device recognised but SOC shows waiting for device.
Any ideas?

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
I just finished the update to 2.2 and have to admit it rocks. the only issue I now have is trying to root the blasted thing. (again). I run a laptop with windows xp and linux dual boot. The s7 drivers for windows are for windows 7 and I cannot seem to get them to load so the xp system will not recognise the s7. Is there a way to root using linux? BTW thanks to all our Indonesian friends who were kind enough to put in the time and get us this great update. Any assistance would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Moshe

if i remember correctly, drivers for windows 7 is the same for windows xp. because the drivers folder name that i downloaded from huawei is "windows 7&XP".

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
SOC not working for me either
All drivers installed and connection sound shows device recognised but SOC shows waiting for device.
Any ideas?

try:
your-path-to-adb\adb devices

see if your devices listed, then try again SOC.
if your devices not listed, probably you dont have adb driver installed correctly.

or you may try :
adb kill-server
adb start-server
then repeat SOC

cruzzmz

Apr 2, 2011
thanks for the update
i will try flashing it to my s7-106 as soon as i charged it

will report after the upgrade

bigbad4ksa

Jan 31, 2011
guys am facing big problem.....my s7 103 once it get the bar it's restsared and so on" just reboot" without any installation pro come out?? any solution...thanx in advance

tri_zet

Developer
Mar 1, 2011
guys am facing big problem.....my s7 103 once it get the bar it's restsared and so on" just reboot" without any installation pro come out?? any solution...thanx in advance

try to format your sd card using windows PC/laptop (dont forget to make back up copy of your sd card files)
copy "dload" folder to sd card
flash again and flash it twice.

ionut_brb

Apr 19, 2011
Hello,

After rebbot GPS started working...but camera doesn't work...i've tried reflashing but...camera stilldoesn't work...

Thanks for the update...

Hey,

Yes, you're right, Camera isn't working, i think because the S7-104 has a rear camera too. But GPS is working fine. What's the problem at your device?
Grüße

And thanks to everyone helped providing that update!

maxxout

Mar 18, 2011
worked fine on my s7-105 except that the wifi drops out occasionally and has to be turned on and off again to work. Everything else works fine. Many thanks to the guys from Indonesia for the rom. Wonder if Malaysia might get an official update? :D oh, btw, i had to flash it twice to make it work.