[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

jorldomi

Jun 13, 2011
Hi all :
I'm newbie in rom tablet world and i want to know if is possible install Rom Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s sucessfully and with an acceptable performance like Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s build 7.2 in a tablet Mobii TEGRA Tablet 10.1''. Currently i've installed this Rom and it's working fine.
If this is possible to do it. How i must to size the partitions of my 32 GB SD Card ?
I expect your news.
Thank in advance.
Regards.
JD.

Oct 19, 2012
Hi,
first thanks Legionnaire for this ROM.
some tips for partitioning:
prerequisite for win PC: usb-stick(512MB), PC with sdcard-reader(ability to boot from usb), gparted-live(GParted -- Download), unetbootin(UNetbootin - Homepage and Downloads)

install unetbootin,select gparted.iso(easy), select !correct usb drive->go
reboot from usb-> (F12,depends on your bios), select language code(e.g. 40 ,hit enter), activate X-session (0,iirc)
hopefully your card gets detected, best is to delete all partitions on the right volume (hint: something with /mmc...), don't delete your harddisks!
create Partition FAT32(SD-cardsize-4GB), check primary selected; create Partition EXT4 (leftover freespace, check primary selected) ->hit apply.
After that close gparted-window -> hit red button to shutdown then remove your card and stick.

Whole process is pretty straightforward, but be careful to select the correct device to be formatted!

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Hi all :
I'm newbie in rom tablet world and i want to know if is possible install Rom Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s sucessfully and with an acceptable performance like Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s build 7.2 in a tablet Mobii TEGRA Tablet 10.1''. Currently i've installed this Rom and it's working fine.
If this is possible to do it. How i must to size the partitions of my 32 GB SD Card ?
I expect your news.
Thank in advance.
Regards.
JD.

There aren't specific partition of SD.
First make a 4GB in FAT32 (enought for me), then the rest in EXT4. Read post 102 above.

jorldomi

Jun 13, 2011
There aren't specific partition of SD.
First make a 4GB in FAT32 (enought for me), then the rest in EXT4. Read post 102 above.

Thanks Alex69 by feedback.
I've a doubt. Which partition will store the user and data applications ? Fat32 or Ext4 ?
thanks in advance.
Regards.

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
Thanks Alex69 by feedback.
I've a doubt. Which partition will store the user and data applications ? Fat32 or Ext4 ?
thanks in advance.
Regards.

I think (using logic, but I'm not sure) it's EXT4 partition. Ask to Legionnaire. He's the "great creator". :eek:

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
Hi jorldomi

The patition use'd fore user files and apps ar the EXT4 partition. the fat32 is jused fore data that you want to store on the device.
I have the same 32g card clas 10 the partition that i did was 26 gig fat32 and 6 ext4 (this du to a lot of apps i have on it).

Have funn with it.

jorldomi

Jun 13, 2011
Hi jorldomi

The patition use'd fore user files and apps ar the EXT4 partition. the fat32 is jused fore data that you want to store on the device.
I have the same 32g card clas 10 the partition that i did was 26 gig fat32 and 6 ext4 (this du to a lot of apps i have on it).

Have funn with it.

Dear Steel2400 :
thanks by the information.
But if ext4 is the partition used for store user data and apps, this partition don't would be the biggest of both ?
Thank in advance
Best Regards

pogodancer

Mar 15, 2012
Thanks Legionnaire for the nice rom. I like the nice and decent bootanimation. Installing is very easy with the nvflash.exe. Came from vegabean3.1 but I don't see a better performance. Maybe the touch-screen and the performance works a bit better with vb3.1.

Otherwise you forgot to change the version-name in settings-information from vegacream to jellypad. But I really miss the possibility to go to the CWRM. Nothing works to reach the CWRM.

Question: Why you recommend to reboot the tablet after installation when the language-selection appears ?

Stiffy

Oct 21, 2012
Hi guy managed to get Jellypad 2.0 installed and working.

I think its because of SDcard thing it makes things a bit slow. But I can get used to that. The battery consumption however is shocking. Overnight I lose about 30% on standby. The last ROM I used was Jellybean beta 3. On that ROM I had about 2 days minimum on 1 charge. Any ideas on why? Is it a setting that I made? Thanks

I have the same problem. I think it's a Deepsleep Problem. My Tablet isn't in the mode. (JellyPad 2.0)

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
Dear Steel2400 :
thanks by the information.
But if ext4 is the partition used for store user data and apps, this partition don't would be the biggest of both ?
Thank in advance
Best Regards

no that is not nesesary the fat32 partition stors all relevant data that you want to store ext4 is only fore the apps that you whant on it you can see it like this:
fat32 is your external memory (just like your sdcard)
ext4 is internal memory were the apps ar stored and a bit of personal info.

So if you partition your 32 gig card make 26gig fat32 and 6gig ext4 trust me its more then you need.

greats steel

marianob

Oct 23, 2012
Hi,
Is there anyway to install again the web browser?
I have a Viewpad 10S (no 3G), updated from jellybeam 5.0 to Jelypad 2.0, with wipe cache partition, wipe dalvick, wipe all data, but didn't format ext4.
So all programs installed before on ext4 have been installed again at the first or second boot, (from jellybeam 3.1 to 5.0, it was the same)
Everything is almost fine except the web browser, no way to use it.
Il installed Chrome but is there any way to use the default web browser?

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
Hi,
Is there anyway to install again the web browser?
I have a Viewpad 10S (no 3G), updated from jellybeam 5.0 to Jelypad 2.0, with wipe cache partition, wipe dalvick, wipe all data, but didn't format ext4.
So all programs installed before on ext4 have been installed again at the first or second boot, (from jellybeam 3.1 to 5.0, it was the same)
Everything is almost fine except the web browser, no way to use it.
Il installed Chrome but is there any way to use the default web browser?

hi marianob,

the problem is if you dont format the ext4 partition the data on it can be cerupted du to the installation of jellybean the best you can do now is make a backup of ext4 on your computer
and format the card then reflash jellybean with a emty card if you have done that take the card out of the tablet and copy the backup on the sdcard.
when inserted reboot the tablet and you would be abel to see the apps you put back on it.

backup off ext4 might not be posible if you have windows then use this site How to Backup Your Androids SD Card

have funn with it

Wester

Oct 24, 2012
I was just wondering if there is a way to take screenshots like there was in view comb? If not how would I go about doing that?
Thank you very much :)