[ROM] JellyPad (Jelly Bean for ViewPad 10s)

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
hi guys,

I am new to this forum, But not for the use of the rom that legionnaire posted on this forum.
I will get the new jellybean rom on the tablet in the weekend to try it out.

eeckul if you have problems with the rom do the hole install over, It can happen that a falt is install'd
Do not forget to make a clean formatted sd card even if its new there is stil data on it.

STEEL2400

Oct 10, 2012
Sorry to be a n00b but can you tell me how i can format my SD in EXT4 format and set both partitions as primary. Do you use a particular software?. I had installed JellyPad 1.1 on my ViewPad 10s and it installed fine however I have not partitioned it into two partitions as you had mentionedhttp://www.*********/09dh.jpghttp://www.*********/09ht.jpghttp://www.*********/09ax.jpghttp://www.*********/09jh.jpghttp://www.*********/09bh.jpg

Hi,

you can use this webpage to find minitool to partition your sd card (if you have windows) Best Free Partition Manager Freeware and free partition magic for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32 bit & 64 bit. MiniTool Free Partition Manager Software Home Edition.
The first step is to format your sd card in your computer (not with app on the tablet). then use the partitioning software on the sd card.
like in page 9 of this post !!!!!(thanks to post of Maximus1)

if you dont make the 2 partitionings you wil have a greater chance of bootloop or misbehaving software.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperCat

Dec 19, 2011
Hi Legionnaire !

You are really good programmer and i think you can add a great think in Jelly Bean for Viewpad.
Can you add in the ROM the TouchWiz from Samsung Galaxy Tab ?
If you can do it than you are the BEST !!!
Pleasseeeee!

Let me google that for you

TheFes

Dec 5, 2011
Hi Legionnaire,

Currently I am using Vegabean on my Viewpad 10s (without 3g), but today I found you ROM, and I am planning to give it a try soon :)

One question though: One of the apps I want to use, does not work on rooted devices. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) I use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot the device. But that does not work on my tablet with Vegabean. I assume it also does not work with Jellypad. So is there a way to temporarily unroot the device?

Thanks!

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi Legionnaire,

Currently I am using Vegabean on my Viewpad 10s (without 3g), but today I found you ROM, and I am planning to give it a try soon :)

One question though: One of the apps I want to use, does not work on rooted devices. On my phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) I use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot the device. But that does not work on my tablet with Vegabean. I assume it also does not work with Jellypad. So is there a way to temporarily unroot the device?

Thanks!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwxLDEsImNvbS5yb290dW5pbnN0YWxsZXIuZnJlZSJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.projectvoodoo.otarootkeeper&feature=search_result

TheFes

Dec 5, 2011
I have also seen this one, but this seems to be an app like Titanium Backup in which you can uninstall or freeze system apps and bloatware. Not something to disable root.

As I already posted, I tried this one on Vegabean, but it doesn't work. If I backup root, it does not allow me to unroot the device. Since Jellypad is based on Vegabean, I assume it does not work on Jellypad either.. But I can be mistaken, so I will try it out after installation of Jellypad :)

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
I have also seen this one, but this seems to be an app like Titanium Backup in which you can uninstall or freeze system apps and bloatware. Not something to disable root.

As I already posted, I tried this one on Vegabean, but it doesn't work. If I backup root, it does not allow me to unroot the device. Since Jellypad is based on Vegabean, I assume it does not work on Jellypad either.. But I can be mistaken, so I will try it out after installation of Jellypad :)
You didn't read the Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper's system requirements:
- /system partition as Ext2, Ext3 or Ext4

RimStain

Oct 11, 2012
Hi and thanks for this rom!

I'm having a problem where the second boot (after reaching the Settings screen on the first boot) will hang forever on the JellyPad logo boot screen. My SDCard was partitioned using GParted under Ubuntu with the partitions that you mentioned, Fat32 and Ext4.

However, I am constantly getting this boot problem. I have tried rebooting in various ways: 1) Open Power menu and select "Reboot". 2) Hold "Power" until the device shuts down. 3) As soon as the Settings screen shows up, IMMEDIATELY power off.

Is there any special way to reboot the device? One time I tried avoiding the second boot and just continued into the Settings. Everything worked fine, except any time if I decide to reboot or power off the device, it doesn't turn on again. It endlessly hangs on the JellyPad boot screen.

Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

I had this same problem, what I did to get it working was:
Plug into the computer
Do they button 1 button 2 thing so the Nvidia USB Boot Recovery Driver to shows up in device manager
remove Micro SD
Format using a Linux PC (2 Partitions)
re-insert the Micro SD
Run the [ROM]_JellyPad_v2.0.exe
Leave it plugged in when you boot, restart the tablet when you make it to the Language select.

PS Thanks Legionnaire for your hard work.

radact

Oct 12, 2012
After 3 or so attempts to get it to work (was hanging on the boot screen), I finally got it to work.

Make sure you format the SD partitions as PRIMARY! (the default is LOGICAL) or will not work. It's easier if you create the ext4 partition first with the MiniTool, as you don't have to go resizing and moving partitions around.

Great work on the Jellybean update, keep up the great work.

cheat720

Oct 12, 2012
how long does the first and second reboot take? mines been on the jelly pad page for about the past 15 minutes. doesn't appear to have stalled either

alex69

Sep 21, 2012
how long does the first and second reboot take? mines been on the jelly pad page for about the past 15 minutes. doesn't appear to have stalled either

Re-try to flash or re-format SD and then re-flash.
Make sure you've done right SD partition.
Even if you use Gparted on Linux or any other tool on windows, you must:
1 - Make partition FAT32.... done
2 - Format FAT32, primary....done
3 - Make partition EXT4....done
4 - Format EXT4, primary....done
Then?.... done

redman8x8

Oct 13, 2012
Because my touchscreen is dead i disconected the touch controller ribbon (otherwise i get random inputs from time to time..), but now the tablet does not boot.
Boot always took like 3-4 minutes with other ROM's when i did this, but it seems JellyPad 2.0 does not want to boot like this.
Does anyone know where and what should i modify to make the ROM skip the search for the touch controller and make it boot?

sakaic

Oct 6, 2012
Hi guy managed to get Jellypad 2.0 installed and working.

I think its because of SDcard thing it makes things a bit slow. But I can get used to that. The battery consumption however is shocking. Overnight I lose about 30% on standby. The last ROM I used was Jellybean beta 3. On that ROM I had about 2 days minimum on 1 charge. Any ideas on why? Is it a setting that I made? Thanks