[ROM] joenilan Ideos S7 Froyo Stable - (Android 2.2.2)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Released a stable Norwegian build, get it in the first post!
- DSP Manager
- Spare Parts
- English Default
- A2sd
- Modified mms.apk for 300kb image

Last edited:

detriod

Apr 20, 2011
Joenilan, can u replace the original file explorer with es explorer ? tat one will be better. btw, wat movie player currently u using for watching ? Moboplayer , Vital PLayer or etc ? any recommandation ?

btw, once again, thnx for ur hard work :)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
i actually use both! file manager and es file explorer, i just dont add it because it's right on the market, i may have to work this release, the apps2sd gets filled to easily i think because of my adding the updated gmail, youtube and such to the data partition, will rework tonight to see if any better, and as fgor a movie player, i havent played with that very much because of flashing, but i did like vital player and rock player for a while. try those.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have been using Moboplayer for the past couple months and have no issues. So far I would have to say it is the best one that I have used.

joenilan - Is there any reason to jump to you new build on the Norwegian build? I have been using the first 2.2 build and it has been working flawlessly. I see the additions you made and I am fine with what I have and the current set-up, I did not know if there was another reason to jump to it or not.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I have been using Moboplayer for the past couple months and have no issues. So far I would have to say it is the best one that I have used.

joenilan - Is there any reason to jump to you new build on the Norwegian build? I have been using the first 2.2 build and it has been working flawlessly. I see the additions you made and I am fine with what I have and the current set-up, I did not know if there was another reason to jump to it or not.

i actually just made a new thread with the norwegian 2.2 zip flashable update, some reports of touchscreen responsiveness differences, faster gps fix, figure let anybody play with it that wants it without losing clockwork, the additions made to the norwegian version will be incorporated into the indonesian version VERY soon, i noticed on the Norwegian for some reason the data partition is 163MB and is already filled up a bit leaving 105mb to play with, which is not enough for even apps2sd to work effeciently.

personally i like the indonesian one better. Which 1.1 will be released sometime today probably, whenever i finish compiling an AOSP kernel for our device (cross fingers), so i can see if we can get stock aosp rom on here....
wish me luck haha.

detriod

Apr 20, 2011
@Joenilan :
Ah, icic. Actually i dislike file explorer as the features is super basic compare to ES explorer. hmmm, somehow, I find the link2SD is more effective with the app2SD since i can anytime transfer my apps to SD anytime.

Btw, wanted to ask tat, previously i was using the original 2.2.2 ROM b4 i install urs. during at tat time, i can use PC to access the console to my tablet using droidExplorer without any problem. but after i flash with ur rom, i cant seems to be access anymore by DroidExplorer's Console. LOL. any idea wats wrong with tat ?

ok. previously i was using rock player. but seems like some files cannot be open normally example .MKV. Moboplayer is fine for me but somehow, i play some MP4 hang. LOL, tats funny. Vitalplayer i find it basically stable, just tat the MKV file is abit jerking. mayb i try to update to the latest one and at the same time test other players :)

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
1.1 Indonesian upoloaded! changed in 1st post.

Going to give this a try tonight, thanks for the work on this.

Can I just put this on top of version 1.0 without wiping the data, or do I need to do a wipe first and then restore everything? Yes I am being lazy. :)

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
sorry about the wiping, but i think you have to wipe first, i made the rom auto wipe anyways, the next update will be no wipe, it's going to be a lot of heavy theming.

Edit: added script for easy clockwork mod flashing for anybody having issues.

Last edited:

tanker

May 3, 2011
nice work joenilan !

I flashed your Indonesian version Stable 1.0 yesterday and it seemed to work fine. Also flashed the Norwegian 1.1 and finally the Indonesian Stable 1.1 and will stay with it, hopefully.

here are some instructions / details in case people have difficulties (like me) remembering all these tools:
( Clockwork Mode must already be installed)

1) make sure Menu>Setting>Application>Development>USB Debugging : OFF
2) connect PC and tablet by USB cable, on the tablet choose "USB Storage Mode"; the internal SD will be accessible as one of the PCs removable drive.
3) copy the 'Ideos_S7_Froyo_v1.1-INDO.zip' file ( as downloaded do NOT unzip ! ) to the internal SD card
4) then, on the PC start Easeus Partition Manager and find the new drive, right-click on it, select 'resize' and reduce to 600 MB,
a 2nd unpartitioned space will appear, right-click on it, select 'create';
a new window will open; choose 'ext2' as format and take all the free space; click 'apply', Easeus will now realize the changes to the internal SD
5) now set
Menu>Setting>Application>Development>USB Debugging : ON
6) start Ideos_S7_tool, enter 'R' to boot up the tablet in Clockwork Mode
or boot into Recovery thru "Quick Boot" app

in Clockwork Mode there are 5 keys for navigating the menus:

vol+ : up
vol- : down
-on the right side of the tablet
green key: select
red key = On/Off = Back: back

6) do the 'wipe data/factory reset' and 'wipe cache', each takes only a few seconds
7) then 'install zip from sdcard'
take option 'choose zip from sdcard' and select the 'Ideos_S7_Froyo_v1.1-INDO.zip' file
8) once the update is done, 'reboot system now'

the tablet will come up once and reboot again by itself after a few seconds,
after the second boot you can start to set it up & use it.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
sorry about the wiping, but i think you have to wipe first, i made the rom auto wipe anyways, the next update will be no wipe, it's going to be a lot of heavy theming.

Edit: added script for easy clockwork mod flashing for anybody having issues.

Not a problem. There is also a new gingerbread update for my phone so I am going to be updating both tonight. Thanks

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
ok, i have flashed the 1.1, and it works really great. The screen is super sensitive too (nice). One major problem is that whenever i try installing an application, the tab reboots. I tried installing apks from my sd card, and even apps from the market. no success.

Anyone got clues?

shankdub

May 4, 2011
I tried each link to download to the dload.rar (and mirrors etc) and EVERY single one has had a CORRUPT updata.app when unRARing ...'file updata.app is corrupted' . Not sure what I am missing here since i tried dloading on diff comps and internet connections, and used diff RAR apps, same CORRUPTED updata.app file...Any help is appreciated.​

femmyade2001

Apr 17, 2011
ok, i have flashed the 1.1, and it works really great. The screen is super sensitive too (nice). One major problem is that whenever i try installing an application, the tab reboots. I tried installing apks from my sd card, and even apps from the market. no success.

Anyone got clues?

Issue resolved - SD card partition was not in ext2.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum