[ROM] S22 (HW-702T) Restore Firmware

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
Ok, I found what I think is the newest ROM for the HW-702T tablet. I'm not sure if its better but imo, I think the screen responds a little faster. Notice the different build number:

New ROM I found:
Firmware Version: 2.2 (Of course really 2.1)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 #465
Build number: Ver 2.2.0128.20101228-091936
Model Number: Android for S22E

If anyone wants it, I will upload it.

new one again? is there any other differences other than the screen respond? I do not have easy access to Windows machine, so cannot keep flashing my device ><

junkfactory

Mar 22, 2011
Hello, I am new here quiet a noob when i comes to android tablet. I have this s22 device and fiever and I have the same firmware. It can be rooted and clockworkmod seems to work on it (not 100% sure though).

I can only boot into recovery if I use adb or ROM manager. Does anyone know how to boot into recovery by pressing button combinations when the device boots?

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
Hello, I am new here quiet a noob when i comes to android tablet. I have this s22 device and fiever and I have the same firmware. It can be rooted and clockworkmod seems to work on it (not 100% sure though).

I can only boot into recovery if I use adb or ROM manager. Does anyone know how to boot into recovery by pressing button combinations when the device boots?

interesting. do you mind sharing how you installed clockworkmod onto your device? for mine, when I use adb to reboot recovery, the tablet will just shutdown and will not boot up.

fiever

Mar 20, 2011

Recovery screen is the little android robot with the eclamation mark right? Yes I know how:
1. Press the green power button, hold it, and then press the middle button of the three on the side. Hold both together until you see android guy with exclamation mark. The let go. If you press the left button of the three on the side, you will see options to partition etc. However, IT IS USELESS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SELECT ANY OF THE OPTIONS AS THE SCREEN AND THE BUTTONS HAVE NOT BEEN SET.

junkfactory

Mar 22, 2011
Recovery screen is the little android robot with the eclamation mark right? Yes I know how:
1. Press the green power button, hold it, and then press the middle button of the three on the side. Hold both together until you see android guy with exclamation mark. The let go. If you press the left button of the three on the side, you will see options to partition etc. However, IT IS USELESS BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SELECT ANY OF THE OPTIONS AS THE SCREEN AND THE BUTTONS HAVE NOT BEEN SET.

Awesome! Thank you fiever. With the clockworkmod installed, the buttons work.

Btw, has anyone tried flashing the m701 2.2.1 firmware or I am having a blonde moment?

Last edited:

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
I have downloaded it, where should i put it?
Thanks

if I am not mistaken, it's done by using the following command:

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.s22.img

you will need to copy the recovery.img into your sdcard first, and you can execute this command using adb shell. I would recommend restarting the adb in root first.

junkfactory

Mar 22, 2011
I guess you can do that but here are the steps I made (took it from a russian forum in china with gtranslate) all thanks to PC_USER

1. Download the archive collected by me from the enclosure. (recovery.s22.img)
2. With z4root.1.3.0.apk give ourselves to the ever-super-user privileges.
3. Set ROM Manager Premium v3.0.0.7.apk and running it set ROM Manager license.apk.
4. Run the ROM Manager Premium and select the top item "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". The program will then connect to Wi-Fi Internet and prompts you to select from a list of your device model.
5. Choose any model and to remember that we have chosen. Go jump in recovery and when it ends - will leave a message that requests the prog super-user privileges.
6. In the authorization privileges remove the check mark from the "store" and select "Disable."
7. Go to the micro-sd card (through a cable or card reader) and look there a folder "clockworkmod".
8. We go in and look in the folder with the file extension *. img (about 3-6 MB).
9. Copy the folder with the *. img file found our file recovery (recovery for S22 (HW-702T). Img) and rename it to the file that we have found (after removing it).
10. Again open the ROM Manager Premium and select the top item "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".
11. Choosing the same model device as in step 4.
12. In the newly appeared window authorization privileges (as in step 5) click "Allow", then go flashing plate slipped our recovery.
13. At the end choose the second paragraph above "Reboot into recovery" and look - if the list of more than 4 points on a black background, so that all chiki-bunches.

If you like, I can post a link of a ROM that already has clockworkmod recovery.

greenfrogz

Jan 15, 2011
I guess you can do that but here are the steps I made (took it from a russian forum in china with gtranslate) all thanks to PC_USER

1. Download the archive collected by me from the enclosure. (recovery.s22.img)
2. With z4root.1.3.0.apk give ourselves to the ever-super-user privileges.
3. Set ROM Manager Premium v3.0.0.7.apk and running it set ROM Manager license.apk.
4. Run the ROM Manager Premium and select the top item "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". The program will then connect to Wi-Fi Internet and prompts you to select from a list of your device model.
5. Choose any model and to remember that we have chosen. Go jump in recovery and when it ends - will leave a message that requests the prog super-user privileges.
6. In the authorization privileges remove the check mark from the "store" and select "Disable."
7. Go to the micro-sd card (through a cable or card reader) and look there a folder "clockworkmod".
8. We go in and look in the folder with the file extension *. img (about 3-6 MB).
9. Copy the folder with the *. img file found our file recovery (recovery for S22 (HW-702T). Img) and rename it to the file that we have found (after removing it).
10. Again open the ROM Manager Premium and select the top item "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery".
11. Choosing the same model device as in step 4.
12. In the newly appeared window authorization privileges (as in step 5) click "Allow", then go flashing plate slipped our recovery.
13. At the end choose the second paragraph above "Reboot into recovery" and look - if the list of more than 4 points on a black background, so that all chiki-bunches.

If you like, I can post a link of a ROM that already has clockworkmod recovery.

Thanks for the guide, the clockwordmod recovery is working properly now.

smanet78

Mar 26, 2011
Hi all, is possible to install in this tablet android 2.1 update 1, i read that work better than 2.2 fake. If yes, where i can find it?

Thanks all

ghigom

Apr 5, 2011
Ok, I found what I think is the newest ROM for the HW-702T tablet. I'm not sure if its better but imo, I think the screen responds a little faster. Notice the different build number:

New ROM I found:
Firmware Version: 2.2 (Of course really 2.1)
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9 #465
Build number: Ver 2.2.0128.20101228-091936
Model Number: Android for S22E

If anyone wants it, I will upload it.

Hi fiever, I'd like to try this firmware to see the diference, can you upload it anywhere?
Tnx

Last edited:

PC_USER

Mar 1, 2011
Hello guys! I have made a custom firmware for this tablet. It is accessible for a long time to Russian-speaking users and have a lot of changes. Within several days i will prepare the English version of my custom firmware and put it out here. While you can download firmware #465 with built in by me ClockworkMod Recovery 2.5.1.3 from here. Cheers!