[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

slybunda

Dec 23, 2011
i guess the usb loader issue i getting could be because iv got a POV mobii tegra 2 and not an advent vega.

liquidcat

Dec 16, 2011
i guess the usb loader issue i getting could be because iv got a POV mobii tegra 2 and not an advent vega.
I'm sorry but I'm glad to hear that :)
using 7.2 for 2 days and haven't had a problem since . legionaire thanks so much for your efforts, this is the best rom ever

JHAres

Dec 9, 2011
flash back to 2.2, recalibrate screen , flash 7.2.

Hi Swavex,

Is not a sure procedure... I did it a lot of times while trying to find a safe method... did it with stock 2.2 or moded stock... seems to be a matter of luck or an obscure factor... ;-)

Anyway, installing and reinstaling, soon or later, you can get an instalation with some better touchscreen sensibility.

Maybe coincidence, but I think I got working touchscreen with this: After install, in the first start, fill the initial steps settings, and let the tablet some minutes alone, finishing the internal set up... don't touch it, let it work for 5 minutes... then when the desktop appears, let it alone another 5 minutes.

As I said, maybe conincidence, but after "relaxed" instalations, while I was doing another tasks in the house, I got two or three good instalations... Weird, I know, but maybe some internal process calibrate the screen and/or other things related, and does this job better when you don't touch the panel... Who knows... ;-)

Kind regards,
Javier.

lampkin

Jan 11, 2012
Hi,

I installed today ViewCOMB 3.2 version 7.1 on my new ViewPad 10s wifi. At the beginning it worked fine. I installed some apps and shut down the tabled. After a shutdown and start it bricked itself with the message: starting Fastboot use dowload protocol. So i want to reflash it, but if i start ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.1 he write me Unknown device found and if i continue it close...
Is it normal that the message starting Fastboot use dowload protocol is shown also if im connected to the pc via usb.
No what i have to do to reflash the tabled??

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Developer
Oct 2, 2011
Hi,

I installed today ViewCOMB 3.2 version 7.1 on my new ViewPad 10s wifi. At the beginning it worked fine. I installed some apps and shut down the tabled. After a shutdown and start it bricked itself with the message: starting Fastboot use dowload protocol. So i want to reflash it, but if i start ViewCOMB_3.2_Build_7.1 he write me Unknown device found and if i continue it close...
Is it normal that the message starting Fastboot use dowload protocol is shown also if im connected to the pc via usb.
Plug the charger then follow instructions in pdf. Why you use build 7.1? "starting Fastboot...." is known issue in 7.1, and it's fixed in build 7.2.

pierrotos

Jan 11, 2012
Hi I am a newbie here I would like to make a question if you dont mind. Is this ROM suitable for APAD that I have bought a few days earlier? The specs of the APAD are 7 inch screen 256 RAM 800 Mhz CPU, 2 giga storage.

Oct 5, 2011
Hi I am a newbie here I would like to make a question if you dont mind. Is this ROM suitable for APAD that I have bought a few days earlier? The specs of the APAD are 7 inch screen 256 RAM 800 Mhz CPU, 2 giga storage.

no, unless its a tegra 2 chipset with a 10 inch screen and 512mb ram....

gaga123

Nov 16, 2011
Hi Swavex,

Is not a sure procedure... I did it a lot of times while trying to find a safe method... did it with stock 2.2 or moded stock... seems to be a matter of luck or an obscure factor... ;-)

Anyway, installing and reinstaling, soon or later, you can get an instalation with some better touchscreen sensibility.

Maybe coincidence, but I think I got working touchscreen with this: After install, in the first start, fill the initial steps settings, and let the tablet some minutes alone, finishing the internal set up... don't touch it, let it work for 5 minutes... then when the desktop appears, let it alone another 5 minutes.

As I said, maybe conincidence, but after "relaxed" instalations, while I was doing another tasks in the house, I got two or three good instalations... Weird, I know, but maybe some internal process calibrate the screen and/or other things related, and does this job better when you don't touch the panel... Who knows... ;-)

Kind regards,
Javier.

In addition to the above, I'm using the test screen application and turned out that this ROM can handle 3 points of multitouch. While the stock rom only handle 2 points.
Seems like the 2 points is more stable than the 3 points, so probably something wrong with the driver?

k.pax

Nov 1, 2011
hi legionnaire . .

you are the best developer . . build 7.2 ! tanks . .

i have a question :

cpu frequence ?
free system ram ?
gpu memory ?

160 MB GPU is free for game ?

gpu did low in build 7.1 and not support graphicy game such as shadow gun !

lampkin

Jan 11, 2012
Originally Posted by lampkin
Hi,

Plug the charger then follow instructions in pdf. Why you use build 7.1? "starting Fastboot...." is known issue in 7.1, and it's fixed in build 7.2.

I pluged the charger but its always the same the pc recognize the Pad after the key combination on the Pad, but the display isn`t black it shows the "starting Fastboot...."... and if i try to flash it says me Unknown device found
I used 7.1 first because first i didn`t seen the the other downloadlink

Oct 5, 2011
Originally Posted by lampkin
Hi,

I pluged the charger but its always the same the pc recognize the Pad after the key combination on the Pad, but the display isn`t black it shows the "starting Fastboot...."... and if i try to flash it says me Unknown device found
I used 7.1 first because first i didn`t seen the the other downloadlink

re-install the usb driver, remove it first though and restart your pc, the re-install the usb driver, plus make sure to completly wipe your pad, use recovery mode to wipe everything, including formatting the darvick/sd card and system files then follow normal rom loading instructions

tomyliew

Jan 10, 2012
flash back to 2.2, recalibrate screen , flash 7.2.

Hi Swavex,

Kind regards,
Javier.

with this action really can fixed the solution???

Ricorocks

Nov 12, 2011
re-install the usb driver, remove it first though and restart your pc, the re-install the usb driver, plus make sure to completly wipe your pad, use recovery mode to wipe everything, including formatting the darvick/sd card and system files then follow normal rom loading instructions

Hi. This was the first time I flashed my device (with 7.1, before 7.2 was available) and I'm stuck in "starting Fastboot" too. Sorry for the dumb question (and I promise, I've searched), but how do you "completely wipe your pad"? Do you need software, special key presses (hammer :D ).

Edit: I can't enter recovery mode with the Back-Power-PowerUp-BackUp sequence.

Thanks

Last edited:

JHAres

Dec 9, 2011
In addition to the above, I'm using the test screen application and turned out that this ROM can handle 3 points of multitouch. While the stock rom only handle 2 points.
Seems like the 2 points is more stable than the 3 points, so probably something wrong with the driver?

Hi Gaga,

I pointed that in a post some pages back... when the third touch is detected, the coordinates from the first two are messed...

I found the original device from stock ROM is "IT7260"... hope this info helps for screen issues... ;-)

Regards,
Javier.