[ROM] ViewCOMB 3.2 - Honeycomb 3.2 for ViewPad 10s

ancjob

Jul 31, 2011
Tablet processor overall performance is fantasic but the screen quality sucks. When you rotate the tablet it glitters and annoys when reading. Only if this device had a decent screen, it would be one of the best ones in the market.

Sent from my ViewPad 10S using Android Tablet Forum

welll coming to wireless performance - my query

i have acer iconia w500[win 7 HP] and i have laptop [dell inspiron 1525 - vista HP] for wireless i have the wireless usb adaptor [Xtreamer WiFi Adapter Dongle USB Wireless N Antenna + dell's wireless b/g built-in]

i have a 2tb shared usb drive [western digital 2TB caviar green in a ext sata casing] connected to my dell laptop
i have shared video and music folders and stream them using the wireless setup described above

i do not know how it happens with an android device but in acer iconia w500 i am m able to access all the shared folders wirelessly without issues except for at times the signal may get weak but iconia never looses connection.....

now my question - will i see/access the shared folders [exactly as in iconia] on vpad 10s.....has anybody tried to access shared folders from windows PC on the android based viewpad 10s.....does it really work as effortless as between two windows PCs[dell 1525 and iconia w500] .....

btw i never got to try this with flytouch 3 superpad 2 - it's wireless never worked to say the least also iconia gives me around 3-4 hrs with wi-fi on which is acceptable as it's a full touchscreen PC running a FULL OS but if the wireless streaming / access exactly as iconia's 'd be emulated by an android PC - i'd like to try that as well for higher battery juice..... so plz reply as to my query above

Last edited:

ja4220

Dec 28, 2011
Hi again guys.
I have a rather serious issue. The touchscreen just isn't responding. I have tried reflashing it with 7.2 then 6.3 then 7.3 again. No luck with either. I can't get past the language select screen.
Has anyone else had issues or got any other solutions?
Cheers
Justin

hay man just let it warm up plug in so battery warms it up or put in the sunhad same problem with mine

Temperature is pretty warm here, but I have also tried giving it a hit with a hairdryer. With no success.
Think I will call Viewsonic tomorrow, its still under warranty.

bekulini

Jan 29, 2012
Hi People! Hi Legionnaire!

Thanks a lot for your work, for VegaCOMB for my new Viewsonic 10s. Its great to have people like you and other developers, who take time to develop such great custom ROMs.
I am a new-user in "Android-Planet" and have got my Vewsonic just 2 days ago. Yesterday I have made my own USB-A-A cabel and have installed VegaCOMB 3.2 (Build 7.2.) - as per your instructions above.

Unfortunately I have got some issues and would like to ask, wether you know where the problem lies.

1. WiFi-Problem: It does not happen offen, but when happens the only sollution is REBOOT. The tablet shows, that there is connection to approciate Wireless network, but if you open the browser (or android market) it cannot connect and gives an error. I was trying to reconnect WIFI, but it does not work. In the normal case, if you turn off the wifi, you can see that it is turned off in status bar (but in my case the status does not change and it shows that my wireless network is always on). Air-Plane-Mode doesn't help too. Reboot is the only way.

2. Awake-Problem-via-Power-Button: Sometimes it is not possible to "awake" a device. There is no reaction on Pressing on Power-Button. It happened in my case, if the device was for quite long time in "sleep modus" (over night for example). Then I had to press the power-Button for longer time (5- moe seconds), that the device reboots and than I can use it again.

3. Fast-Battery-Discharging-While-Sleeping: In the night there was still 60% of battery available, but in the morning only 12% left. It was in "Sleep-Modus"for the whole night. I am wondering, if it is normal or not.

I would be really really thankful, if you could help with the first two issues.
Thanks again and many greetings from Germany! :)
Bekulini