[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Okay. I missed the Browser.apk. Sorry 'bout that. Pull it from 1.1 or the coby update and replace /system/app/Browser.apk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
I'm having an odd issue now. My 16gb SD card is no longer recognized in 1.2a....the odd thing is the fact it cannot be recognized after restoring v1.1. I've formatted and only my computers SD slot will see it. Any other card I have works fine. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. I was going to try formatting through clockworkmod but wanted to check here first.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Any chance of getting it to lock in portrait mode some how? the rotating is annoying

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Until coby releases the kernel source, no android upgrade.

You can turn off auto rotate in the settings, but I think that would lock it in landscape. I'll find out which xml file that is in and try to change it later.

kplasters

Oct 23, 2010
Replacing the browser apk did the trick. Everything's running smooth as silk now. Love the new look and seems much faster and more responsive now. Give yourself a pat on the back, l_n. Outstanding!

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
This May be a Dumb Question..How do I go about Pulling the Browser.apk from 1.1 or the update?

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Until coby releases the kernel source, no android upgrade.

You can turn off auto rotate in the settings, but I think that would lock it in landscape. I'll find out which xml file that is in and try to change it later.

Thanks, yes it does. I can lock the home screen in portrait using system persistent with adw, but apps still rotate.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Has any 1 had or having problems with playing musiv from there SDcard.... I went back to 1.1 again today due to music not playing ... I tried both real player and the musiv app but nothing shows up to play ... I can see the Sdcard , I can also play music thru my ES file explorer ... its weard... When i wipe davik cach it frooze the tablet, I had to reset to then reboot into recovery...

@cutty1(This May be a Dumb Question..How do I go about Pulling the Browser.apk from 1.1 or the update?) def not a dumb question i was going to ask the same thing when I got home today lol. And thanks idbl

Last edited:

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Same here, sd isnt being recognized by the tablet for media, either music or video, only the nand. However, I can play it if I open it via astro, also changing wallpapers causes camera process to force close.

On the plus side, consistent quadrant of 300+

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
IIRC, not using the sd is the default behavior of this thing. I never have figured out why..

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
on previous roms it would work with some fiddling , any way to change that?

I should say I previously I could play media through default media player, and videos would show up without having to go through a file manager. Wondering if anything changed or if its something I can change.