[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, even if I use a toggle for the media scanner, it only scans the nand memory. On 1.1 and 1 I had no issues at all seeing the media on the sd card. I need to be able to access that without a file explorer for photography stuff and watching movies. May have to go back to the previous version. I am off the next couple of days, if there is anything I can do to fix let me know. I did swap out the gallery file just to see if that would work.

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Yeah, even if I use a toggle for the media scanner, it only scans the nand memory. On 1.1 and 1 I had no issues at all seeing the media on the sd card. I need to be able to access that without a file explorer for photography stuff and watching movies. May have to go back to the previous version. I am off the next couple of days, if there is anything I can do to fix let me know. I did swap out the gallery file just to see if that would work.

I moved my music to nand memory, for movies I put a shortcut to the movies folder on my sd card on one of my homescreens

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

jackpotcoyote

Mar 6, 2011
Yeah that will work for somethings, but there is a reason I have a 16gig sd, cause sometimes the nand memory is jus not enough

I seem to be having a sleep issue too. When the tablet does sleep... it doesnt turn back on with the power button, I have to reset it and reboot. I have never had that issue before, and I am finding it HIGHLY annoying. I think I will go back to 1.1 tonight

Last edited:

LordBane00

Mar 2, 2011
everything is fine on mine using 1.2 and since I stream from Pandora I'll just wait for 1.3.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
Yeah that will work for somethings, but there is a reason I have a 16gig sd, cause sometimes the nand memory is jus not enough

I seem to be having a sleep issue too. When the tablet does sleep... it doesnt turn back on with the power button, I have to reset it and reboot. I have never had that issue before, and I am finding it HIGHLY annoying. I think I will go back to 1.1 tonight

I have a 16 too, mostly for movies, I use my phone for music. As for the sleep issue, try setting wifi sleep to never, and/or download soft locker from the market.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
sounds like a problem with what it thinks the sdcard is.. i don't really have time tonight to muck with it, but i would check some of the files in /system/etc like vold.conf and anything else that might be related to mounting and the media players...

Last edited:

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
sounds like a problem with what it thinks the sdcard is.. i don't really have time tonight to muck with it, but i would check some of the files in /system/etc like vold.conf and anything else that might be related to mounting and the media players...

No rush, your the only dev working on this, I'm grateful for what youve done. Let me know if theres anything I can do.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
No biggy l_n ... We are all I the same boat here with you ... Don't rush it just for me :O) lol j/k .... I got the browser to work .... the music.app is not ....
I uninstalled the browser app and then went into the zip file of 1.1 copy and paste the app to the sd card. then installed the app and it worked no problems.... I visited several sites including this one and they loaded quicky... I did this with the music app several times with no luck ... I rebooted and wiped with the same result...

Cutty1

Dec 18, 2010
For Music I just used Doubletwist.....It Works like iTunes....And my music plays fine....Using the Doubletwist Player.

Also wanted to Add I just Added 2 movies to my Sdcard and they are playing with no Problems....

All i did was Format the sdcard and so far everything is Fine..

Last edited:

jeffc83

Jan 26, 2011
For Music I just used Doubletwist.....It Works like iTunes....And my music plays fine....Using the Doubletwist Player.

Also wanted to Add I just Added 2 movies to my Sdcard and they are playing with no Problems....

All i did was Format the sdcard and so far everything is Fine..

What did you use to format your sd card? I did so with my computer but it didn't work. Whats really odd is that it won't even detect the card at all.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
/me makes a note to check the uncompiled xml files for the music player later.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

darkanx

Feb 12, 2011
Great work on this rom. I am not too crazy about the icons you used, but I think I can probably figure out how to replace them myself so won't request anything crazy like multiple theme builds/packs.

I don't suppose anyone ever figured out a way to increase the app folder size? That would be a nice tweak to include here.