[ROM] Watery Kyros v1.2b Custom Firmware for MID7015

bitst0rm

Feb 22, 2011
Yah i've had Music seeing the sdcard before in previous roms as well. What i don't remember is whether i had to "persuade" the thing to do it before.
Stuck at home sick so....time to get medieval on it i guess.

Other than that 1.2 is rockin....way to go l_n!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Open the zip file, go to system/app extract the browser.apk, put it on the SD card.

then go into your system/app on the device, and delete the browser.apk.

go into the SD card, and install the new apk
Are you doing this from the tablet or the computer?

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
ok thanks... I was trying to do it from the tablet using ES file explorer and the extract option wouldn't come up... do you just put it on the root of the SD card or into the 1.2a zip itself ?

Thatoneguy

Feb 23, 2011
ok thanks... I was trying to do it from the tablet using ES file explorer and the extract option wouldn't come up... do you just put it on the root of the SD card or into the 1.2a zip itself ?

Zip. delete the current browser and replace it with the one from 1.1

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using Tapatalk

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
If you already installed the rom.
Extract the file you want from the zip.
Open adb on the computer.

adb remount (enter)
adb shell (enter)
#mv /system/app/browser.apk /system/app/browser.bak(enter)
#exit (enter)
adb remount (enter)
adb push browser.apk /system/app/browser.apk (enter)
adb reboot (enter)

That should be right. Make sure you have extracted the file to the folder that adb uses for things. You can use the same method for any system apps. You just need to know the name of the app in the /system/app folder. You can check with:

adb shell ls /system/app (enter)

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Instead of rebooting, you can run ' adb sync'

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Sorry to say but I never used or tried adb so I wouldn't know how to do that stuff. If its something I needed to download to my computer, Then I haven't got it .
Right now I'm trying to look into the internal and SD card on my computer to try to delete and copy and paste. I can't find the apps location though ... I'll keep trying ...

Last edited:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Use root explorer or another root file manager to delete /system/app/Browser.apk and then copy the Browser.apk you got from the 1.1 zip to /system/app. Doing it this way you may need to reboot.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Ok I'll try that... I can delete the app from the computer but it won't give the option to paste.. thanks

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
Can't get music or video to run off SD card, switched back to 1.1 and all is well.

l_n thanks for all the hard work

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Yea same here but I'm working on transfering the apps from 1.1 to 1.2a .... In away this is good because it helps me learn and do things with the tab other than playing music and games lol...

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Funny thing is, I don't actually have any pictures or music on mine.. I don't even use the gallery or music player.

sdmhbax

Feb 25, 2011
Tried loading several music apps and none of them would access the SD card.

Last edited:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
@l_n The thing with the music working is that for my business i need it to be able to connect head phones and people can test them ... We go to flea-markets so i wanted to setup a display up with different headphones to test them and also show off the tablet to maybe sell them also ... I also drive and spend a good amount of time in my car for my full time job and I use it for the tips and downtime... I'll get it though still working on it ...

Ok I was able to delete and install the apps from 1.1 but still not working... I must be missing something .... I'll look back at some post ....

Last edited: