[ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

Discussion in 'APAD IMX515' started by xaueious, Jan 26, 2011.

1. ksporry

ksporry Member

so how about an image and a method to burn that image using a Mac? anyone?

2. aardvarq

aardvarq Member

Tablet / Device:
    iMX515
    Hi xaueious,

A serious disappointment with the screen breaking when you took it apart. :-( The directions I posted have worked four times for me and I'm probably getting to the end of my luck or maybe the plastic is loosening up every time.

Last night I flashed another firmware build to an 8 GB, repartitioned, and then installed inside my tablet.

If I install the firmware within this thread, will it mess with my nice big partitions that I just set up for 8 GB? Will it set everything back to 4 GB partition sizes?

Thanks in advance
    Dave

3. xaueious

xaueious Administrator Staff Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I actually don't know how it will, or if it will install on the 8GB partition. If your system partition size matches the stock configuration, I am thinking it will work just fine. I don't know how the recovery flashes the partition. But if it is just a partition dump, it should work as long as the target partition is of equal size or larger.

4. aardvarq

aardvarq Member

Tablet / Device:
    iMX515
    Thanks Xaueious,

Yep, it works very nicely! My larger partition sizes are still used.

-Dave

5. aardvarq

aardvarq Member

Tablet / Device:
    iMX515
    After installing xaueious .12, 1/26 firmware for the single-speaker, I found that it's a nice piece of work. After installing a few apps however, i hit the "missing shared library" problem that makes it impossible to install some apks that apparent rely on mapping or location information. A quick look across the web shows that many others are seeing the same problem regardless of ROM and tablet.

After a couple days of searching, I found this post -
    Missing com.google.android.maps | Callum Macdonald

(Note that the download url for the google.zip file didn't work, and I couldn't find it on CM so I googled the file name and ended up here: gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip )

Now it all works perfectly for me.

Apparently this problem may not be visibile if you've installed all of the google apps - so that might be a simpler way to approach this.

-Dave

6. smcdevitt84

smcdevitt84 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Apad IMX515
    When I mount my USB I only get the second internal sd and the external sd. The primary internal sd which has the system files on it does not show up. So how do I flash this the way you say? Will I be able to flash it using a rom manager?

7. magicianpe

magicianpe Senior Member

Hi Xaueious,

I tried your firmware (thank you for your hard work) on my APAD IMX515 clone (on the mainboard I can read: EPAD08 IDOX 2010-08-28) one speaker with screws, very similar to UTOPIA APAD IMX515 and ENCORE/HEROTAB M802, all was working ok except the G-Sensor. I tried the original sensors.freescale.so from my original image, and also tried to use the file from diferents sources (images) but always get some kind of error: Mirror Screen, 90 degress rotation. I take care about the Permissions with root explorer. I could hex view the differents sensor files and find that the X-Y axes were swaped on some of them. I think that the problem is with the default screen orientation but I cant find where that information is.

I also tried to copy the framework from my original images to test, but the error with the g-sensor was there.

Any body have an idea what files have more information about of g-sensor or screen orientation?

I think that this information can be useful for futures firmwares developments.

I was able to move the file system to a 8GB Class 6 microSDHC. I Moved the partitions using GParted and increase the size of the FAT32 partition, the linux partition was left in stock sizes.

Thank you.

8. xaueious

Tablet / Device:
    Asus Transformer TF300, Huwaei Ideos S7-104, HSG X5A, (Past APAD IMX515, APAD RK2808, RK2818 RT7)
    I am actually not sure beyond those sensor files. Just flash system.img. Orientation is controlled by the sensor lib and a framework file (might be framework.jar).

9. cabrion

cabrion Member

after instaling this firmware my camera aplication show inverted video

any solution????

10. xaueious

Tablet / Device:
    You should have backed your firmware up. I did not build this firmware for your batch. You need to find someone who has a backup of your original firmware.

11. odelot

odelot Member

Tablet / Device:
    Tablet A8 FS809
    Hi!

does this firmware has the patch to use the USB mouse with mouse cursor, replacing the touchscreen?

Thanks

12. Chopper

Chopper Member

Tablet / Device:
    Epad
    I installed this and looks great. The only problem is that the rotate sensor is working backwards. Any fixes for this?

13. xaueious

Tablet / Device:
  14. zrv

zrv Member

Tablet / Device:
    Apad imx515
    Hi Xau !!! i'm new comer !!! thanks for your nice rom that work perfectly !!! but i couldn't call Voip by sipdroid soft ( from market , in my cellfone it works well ) , tell me how can i fix its ? thanks u so much !!!

15. roo

roo Member

Tablet / Device:
    ZTE Blade/Herotab M802
    Hello,

How do i do a backup please ? In recovery there is no option...An app is usable..?

Is it redundant if i already renamed phone.pak with RootExplorer..?

I'm using Scanpim-Address Book Sync, which is quite good..!

If i extract from the rom those 2 apk will i be able to use and sync Contacts without scanpim and the Calendar..?

Same as before, could i extract the black status bar from the rom..?

Nevertheless, i won't do anything before i know how to do a full backup..:)

For the record >> my device

Many thanks in advance

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011