[ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

aardvarq

Feb 26, 2011
Hi xaueious,

A serious disappointment with the screen breaking when you took it apart. :-( The directions I posted have worked four times for me and I'm probably getting to the end of my luck or maybe the plastic is loosening up every time.

Last night I flashed another firmware build to an 8 GB, repartitioned, and then installed inside my tablet.

If I install the firmware within this thread, will it mess with my nice big partitions that I just set up for 8 GB? Will it set everything back to 4 GB partition sizes?

Thanks in advance
Dave

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I actually don't know how it will, or if it will install on the 8GB partition. If your system partition size matches the stock configuration, I am thinking it will work just fine. I don't know how the recovery flashes the partition. But if it is just a partition dump, it should work as long as the target partition is of equal size or larger.

aardvarq

Feb 26, 2011
After installing xaueious .12, 1/26 firmware for the single-speaker, I found that it's a nice piece of work. After installing a few apps however, i hit the "missing shared library" problem that makes it impossible to install some apks that apparent rely on mapping or location information. A quick look across the web shows that many others are seeing the same problem regardless of ROM and tablet.

After a couple days of searching, I found this post -
Missing com.google.android.maps | Callum Macdonald

(Note that the download url for the google.zip file didn't work, and I couldn't find it on CM so I googled the file name and ended up here: gapps-hdpi-20101114-signed.zip )

Now it all works perfectly for me.

Apparently this problem may not be visibile if you've installed all of the google apps - so that might be a simpler way to approach this.

-Dave

smcdevitt84

Mar 2, 2011
Hiya mate you can flash these tablets without having to pull the internal SDHC out put the apad in usb mode and copy them over to the main sd card easy as that :D

When I mount my USB I only get the second internal sd and the external sd. The primary internal sd which has the system files on it does not show up. So how do I flash this the way you say? Will I be able to flash it using a rom manager?

magicianpe

Feb 22, 2011
Hi Xaueious,

I tried your firmware (thank you for your hard work) on my APAD IMX515 clone (on the mainboard I can read: EPAD08 IDOX 2010-08-28) one speaker with screws, very similar to UTOPIA APAD IMX515 and ENCORE/HEROTAB M802, all was working ok except the G-Sensor. I tried the original sensors.freescale.so from my original image, and also tried to use the file from diferents sources (images) but always get some kind of error: Mirror Screen, 90 degress rotation. I take care about the Permissions with root explorer. I could hex view the differents sensor files and find that the X-Y axes were swaped on some of them. I think that the problem is with the default screen orientation but I cant find where that information is.

I also tried to copy the framework from my original images to test, but the error with the g-sensor was there.

Any body have an idea what files have more information about of g-sensor or screen orientation?

I think that this information can be useful for futures firmwares developments.

I was able to move the file system to a 8GB Class 6 microSDHC. I Moved the partitions using GParted and increase the size of the FAT32 partition, the linux partition was left in stock sizes.

Thank you.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I am actually not sure beyond those sensor files. Just flash system.img. Orientation is controlled by the sensor lib and a framework file (might be framework.jar).

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You should have backed your firmware up. I did not build this firmware for your batch. You need to find someone who has a backup of your original firmware.

odelot

Mar 17, 2011
Hi!

does this firmware has the patch to use the USB mouse with mouse cursor, replacing the touchscreen?

Thanks

Chopper

Mar 23, 2011
I installed this and looks great. The only problem is that the rotate sensor is working backwards. Any fixes for this?

zrv

Apr 7, 2011
Hi Xau !!! i'm new comer !!! thanks for your nice rom that work perfectly !!! but i couldn't call Voip by sipdroid soft ( from market , in my cellfone it works well ) , tell me how can i fix its ? thanks u so much !!!

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hello,

You should have backed your firmware up. I did not build this firmware for your batch. You need to find someone who has a backup of your original firmware.
How do i do a backup please ? In recovery there is no option...An app is usable..?

To reduce battery drain, download Airplane mode wifi tool from market
Is it redundant if i already renamed phone.pak with RootExplorer..?

To see Contacts, use AnyCut to create a shortcut to the Phone intent.
I'm using Scanpim-Address Book Sync, which is quite good..!

Google ContactsSyncProvider
Google CalendarSyncProvider
If i extract from the rom those 2 apk will i be able to use and sync Contacts without scanpim and the Calendar..?

Found a black statusbar mod
Same as before, could i extract the black status bar from the rom..?

Nevertheless, i won't do anything before i know how to do a full backup..:)

For the record >> my device

Many thanks in advance

Last edited: