[ROM] XAUMOD Custom Firmware for APAD IMX515 (Single Speaker, Utopia)

ungatonegro

Apr 22, 2011
Hi, Xaueious. I have a question. Are you thinking about to update your ROM for devices with webcam? My Apad have webcam and I would love to use your ROM.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hi, Xaueious. I have a question. Are you thinking about to update your ROM for devices with webcam? My Apad have webcam and I would love to use your ROM.
Hi

So i will..!
About backup:no tutorial to do it..?

Thx in advance

Envoyé depuis mon aPad8 avec Tapatalk

roo

Feb 26, 2011
:confused::confused:

How are we supposed to understand that..? A direct link is made from service page on utopiacn.com (and frontpage): Utopia

Is your rom officially supported by utopia and fully usable on apad/herotab..?

Thanks in advance for the insights, i'd love to be able to use calendar and contacts...

Ju

Last edited:

zrv

Apr 7, 2011
a few day ago , my apad have had some problems !
The first i couldn't connect apad to pc any more, when i plug data cable to Pc , apad stoped immediately , i couldn't use it like a usb
many apps installed on sd card don't work ,too ! but can read n write, even delete data on sdcard by FXexplore ! i don't know why
so then , i decided factory reset n flash Xausmod rom again but nothing change .... i tried to install new apps on my apad but dont success, display juz only stop at installing screen !!!
For now, i can use system apps , ex : gmail , music , map , .... but can't install new app , can't connect apad with pc !!!
plz , tell me how can i do ?? :(

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
@roo I guess you would have had to dump your nand memory with Linux commands in the case where there would be no other available firmware image (such as dd).

Not sure if removing Phone.apk has the same effect. I usually just use the airplane mode trick, so I cannot tell you what removing Phone.apk would do.

As for syncing, you have to look into how to put those onto your system. I don't know how exactly this works. For me, it takes trial and error.

For the black status bar, the framework-res.apk may not be compatible with your firmware. System files are not meanted to be played with if you don't know how to return to stock.

I don't have a working image for the version with a webcam, so I don't have a way to repack the firmware. Since I don't have a device either, there is no way for me to try to see if it will work. I didn't really change the original firmware that much, so you can obtain most of the benefits of my firmware if you just swap the system apps with mine.

My ROM is custom and not officially supported. But it is not like Utopia is going to give you any software support if you end up with a brick.

@zrv
Lots of things can go wrong with these batches. So if you USB is not connecting, it might be a loose solder. Nothing with this firmware would have modified that type of behavior.

keijames

Dec 10, 2010
hi xaueious,

I am using this ROM since you posted, very stable working ROM. thanks

Can you help to add USB bluetooth module into this custom ROM, so we can enjoy transfer files wireless and wireless audit connectivity.

thanks

James

zrv

Apr 7, 2011
tks 4 reply Xaus... but until now i still can't install new app n download apps from market .... when i click accept permission ... nothing happen .. poor me ... how can i do ? .... when i install a new app , the installing screen avaiable always .. nonstop , non finish ... !!! hope u give me a advise to fix it - i factory reset n flash rom again but everything dont be better !!! thanks u so :)

mordoria

May 25, 2011
I installed Gingerbread 2.3.3 on my imx515 single speaker, 2 screws version. It worked and is even rooted.
Should I also install this update?
Will it fix my inability to login to the google android market?
imageuum.jpg

This is what I have.

betaray

Apr 19, 2011
I installed Gingerbread 2.3.3 on my imx515 single speaker, 2 screws version. It worked and is even rooted.
imageuum.jpg

This is what I have.

Hello mordoria. Excuse me but. Where did you get that rom? I WANT IT!!!

roo

Feb 26, 2011
imageuum.jpg

This is what I have.
Hi,
@mordoria: Which update..? This rom is 2.2.. If you're talking about something else, put it here, I already screwed up google apps on mine.. It can only get better now

@betaray: there's a thread around here and on slatedroid but it's a beta version..

Sent from my Blade

mordoria

May 25, 2011
Hi,
@mordoria: Which update..? This rom is 2.2.. If you're talking about something else, put it here, I already screwed up google apps on mine.. It can only get better now

@betaray: there's a thread around here and on slatedroid but it's a beta version..

Sent from my Blade

Yea, thats what i used, the beta. My google apps dont wrk either but my screen sleeps and i rooted it.

bitx0

Jun 4, 2011
Hello all,
There are several things that I do not like :

Beta Update 2.3.3:

1.- It changes my MAC ADDRESS !!!

2.- for roo : you have managed to be root???¿? I have proved several versions of z4root and all fail .

Thanks!
bitx0

roo

Feb 26, 2011
Hello all,
There are several things that I do not like :
Beta Update 2.3.3:
1.- It changes my MAC ADDRESS !!!
Maybe but you're in 2.3.3..:p
Unfortunately, that's not the only bug (well on my version :( which one do you have ?)
2.- for roo : you have managed to be root???¿? I have proved several versions of z4root and all fail .
Gingerbreak worked for me.

bitx0

Jun 4, 2011
Wow, thank roo!!!, i will prove the Gingerbreak :)

The MAC Address never has to change, though you do a upgrade (2.3.3) or a downgrade (2.1 or 2.0), the MAC NEVER NEVER change!, this is one bug the beta 2.3.3 :(

Thanks,
bitx0.