Rooted T408 (Possible 410) with Gapps and Market

Discussion in 'Velocity Micro Tablets' started by mayhem41, Dec 22, 2011.

1. mayhem41

mayhem41 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    velocity cruz t408
    just wanted to point everyone in the right direction to make this happen. It took a while and was just trying to find the right method to make it happen. I used other peoples methods for differrent tablets so this will just be links and what i found to make it work on the 408 & 410. I cannot confirm for 100% on the 410 but they are the same so i wouldnt see why not. thank you to all the op of these methods.

~Rooting
    DroidModderX ยป -GingerBreak apk ROOT your Gingerbread device!

follow instructions on page. super easy

~gapps including market
    http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ket-coby-kyros-mid8024-no-rooting-needed.html

i used the methods here with and seemed to work well but using the dropbox idea from the second poster
    used the link for the gapps from the op and saved to the computer and unzipped
    download dropbox on computer and tablet. you can get it on your tablet from applanet
    make a cruz file in dropbox on the computer and put the 7 needed files in it
    open them on the tablet dropbox and run the apk's starting with services framework (dont do market and updater yet)
    i had to use the youtube workaround to sync your gmail (log into your youtube app with your gmail account should force the gmail to push through on the cruz)
    open your gmail and you should see your account there.
    if your gmail account is there and working properly run the market and market updater apk and install
    you should now have a a working market and gmail

This is the first time posting something like this so i hope it is clear enough. Again thanks to the op from the links I just found it worked through a lot of trial and error.
  2. chad88tc

chad88tc Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz T408
    Didn't work on mine. Put apps on sd card, installed all but market and updater, starting with services, rebooted into bootlooping. Not sure what you did different, besides using dropbox, I'm gonna keep trying though. Let me know if you have any idea why. Thanks
  3. chad88tc

chad88tc Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz T408
  4. Rajiim

Rajiim Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Velocity Micro Cruz T408 Tablet
    I got the market, gmail, and maps installed. I want the updated market on it though.
    I am happy to be rooted an have gapps installed. I will post a video shortly on installing gapps.

How is your experience with market????
  5. xfaith

xfaith Junior Member

Got it rooted but cannot install gapps only able to installed Vendor. Keep getting parsing error. Unzipped on my computer and extracted to SD card.
  6. chad88tc

chad88tc Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz T408
    I've tried updateing to new market, but it wouldn't work. I even tried a older v2.2.11, it worked but nothing would download.
  7. TekGai

TekGai Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Replenish / Velocity Cruz Micro T408
    I found out the latest Android Marketplace (3.4.4) works on the t408. Had a problem installing apps from it at first, but moved the app to system apps using Titanium Backup. That seemed to do the job.

I performed the Gingerbreak root, and installed all the google apps from the youtube video (Install Android Market on Coby Kyros) above. Ran into that bootloop problem so, I went with the second option.

Android Market 3.4.4
  8. xfaith

xfaith Junior Member

Got market but wont load up. Was able to put in sername and password but stuck on loadin. Might load newest firmwre and start over
  9. am1509

am1509 Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Velocity Cruz T408
    so this is my fist time with a tablet & don't technically own a smartphone & I am sorry if my question is completely stupid...

So the video on installing the android market I understand & seems simple enough to do, but this rooting thing?

Is this necessary because the T408 is rooted? how do I know if it is or isn't? & do I need to do this first?

Thanks in advance.
  10. Rajiim

Rajiim Junior Member

Tablet / Device:

Can you please detail or post a video on how you did this. I copied the file to system\app\ using root explorer
    and have had no luck. I will post a video and new site where people can get gingerbreak and the market files once we have a perfected Process!

Edit 1/9/12
    So i now have market version 3.4.4 running. I dont know if it's from 1.82 updating or because
    I copied the Android Market 3.4.4 apk file to /system/app. I also used root explorer to change
    The permissions so that everything could read, write, and execute.

I created a site that i plan to centralize files for the T408 at:

Http//cruzt408hacks.webs.com

E
    dit 1/11/12
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  11. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    Everything was working fine until I rebooted, including google apps. Now i'm stuck in bootlooping! How do I stop the looping? I shut it off but goes right back into looping when I turn in back on. bummedd
  12. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    How did you get out of your boot loop? I'm stuck! Please help :)
  13. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    Okay I figured out how to get out of boot loop by performing a hard reset.

Get the firmware from the site and follow most of the instructions here:
    Selected Topic

I put the update file directly on a sd card from the computer so I could skip the tethering part.

Applying the update alone would not break the boot loop. I had to "Wipe all data and cache" first. So now I'm back to square one.

Did anyone figure out how to install gapps without this effin bootloop?
  14. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    Alright I used the files (G pack) from the Coby video posted above. Marketplace etc. is installed without problems.

The latest problem: Market place does not show all results. A search for yelp says 149 results but only displays 5 (non of them the yelp.com app) When I try and use the web based store to grab the app the install button is grayed out. The dialog says select a device. There is only one device called "phone" and that is grayed out too.

Anyone have this problem?

Note: the only apps i can install from the web based store are the apps showing up in market place app
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  15. Rajiim

Rajiim Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
  16. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    Are those the same files from the g pack? Because with them I have very limited access to market place. Some kind of compatibility issue with most of the apps. That is the order that I installed the apps, without opening before reboot.

If they are the files from the OP mediafire link, they cause my tab to get stuck in a boot loop.

Where did you get those files and have you checked to see if marketplace is loading all results for searches?
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  17. benleclair

benleclair Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Cruz t408
    Used files above. Still no access to the majority of marketplace.

Is this happening for anyone else?
  18. sxxdnne

sxxdnne Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    cruz T408
    What i did was download the latest market apk first. Then i used titanium backup to remove the older market apk. I then installed the new apk. Ran it. Did a search for a app i could not find on the older version. It works......

Hope this helps.

QUOTE=benleclair;174473]Are those the same files from the g pack? Because with them I have very limited access to market place. Some kind of compatibility issue with most of the apps. That is the order that I installed the apps, without opening before reboot.

If they are the files from the OP mediafire link, they cause my tab to get stuck in a boot

loop.

Where did you get those files and have you checked to see if marketplace is loading all results for searches?[/QUOTE]
  19. sxxdnne

sxxdnne Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    cruz T408
    Yes i checked for my search results. All load for me. He has a link that goes to his page, where the files can be directly downloaded to thee cruz. If you scroll up a few posts and click on the highlighted android market 3.4.4 you can get it there. I googled for the apk.
  20. sxxdnne

sxxdnne Junior Member

Tablet / Device:
    cruz T408
    Just did another check. Under amazon market and the older market app i could not find root checker. And the closest results only turned up 6 apps. On the 3.4.4 i get 2,012 results when i search for root check. I click on the 2,012 and get 2,012 results i can download.