Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

joelwolf

Mar 28, 2011
# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
then i get
cp: cant stat '/sdcard/flash_image' : no such file or directory

Jason1

Mar 2, 2011
Yup. I had the same trouble. It's all about the number of spaces. Can't totally remember but I think it worked when i removed that space in between "flash_image" and /. So it would be #cp /sdcard/flash_image/system/bin/flash_image. If thats wrong, you may have to do what i did and try a bunch of combinations with and without spaces. I'm by FAR not an expert but that's what i did and eventually it worked. Annoying as hell but worth it.

FMLM

Mar 30, 2011
Hello,
I just got a Coby Kyros MID 7015 and tried to download the z4root file from xda-developer site, but was not sure where to get the file. I found by clcking the link you have in your step by step. I had to register with xda and then tried to open the file and I got some message telling I was too new and did not have permission of some sort.
Can you please tell me how I can download this file.
thank you.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Hello,
I just got a Coby Kyros MID 7015 and tried to download the z4root file from xda-developer site, but was not sure where to get the file. I found by clcking the link you have in your step by step. I had to register with xda and then tried to open the file and I got some message telling I was too new and did not have permission of some sort.
Can you please tell me how I can download this file.
thank you.

You can get it here: Download z4root 1.3.0 for Android Free - z4root will root your device and enable you to supply system level access to applications that request it. - Softpedia

TGamel

Apr 1, 2011
jrsharp21, l_n and everyone else who created this quide.

I rooted my 7015A, installed clockworkmod, backed up my system and applied the video update to correct the missing text in Angry Birds, which now displays correctly. 3 weeks of reading and trying to understand the language before I took the plunge but its been worth it. This Coby is a slick tablet that's pretty much replaced my notebook. I'm looking forward to l_n's totally debugged watery kyros ROM and I'll be trying that out as soon as he posts it. Again thanks for all the information sharing on this site.

I get the same thing, look slike someone said the new version of the software dosen't contain a flash_image file, I opened the update.zip from colby and looked around in it and there is no flash_image file in the /system/bin dirrectory .....

NAFZMAR1

Mar 26, 2011
I got as far to #16 after flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img,I received an error opening /sdcard/recovery.img:no such file or directory.please help?

atone

Apr 3, 2011
at the terminal when I type in # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img in replies flash_image not found. I can't think of anything else to do. The flash_image shows up on the sdcard in and explorer.

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
at the terminal when I type in # flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img in replies flash_image not found. I can't think of anything else to do. The flash_image shows up on the sdcard in and explorer.

Are you saying you first followed this step, flash_image appears in /system/bin and you still get the error?

15. Type the following code (note: the #'s do not need to be entered by you. It will be given on each line).

# cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
# chown root.shell /system/bin/flash_image
# chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

This code is moving the flash_image from your sdcard to the system/bin on the Kyros.

atone

Apr 3, 2011
Thank You!!! I finally got it to work by deleting everything and starting over following your instructions to the letter. I had abusolutely no problems once I did that. Wishing I found this forum a week ago.

boddah4

Mar 15, 2011
I finally got this to work this weekend. I think I was not leaving spaces where I should have when typing in the code.

Thanks a bunch!

rayporsche

Apr 4, 2011
'Piece of Cake' process, followed your steps and got the thing rooted in a snap, way easier than my Droid 1st generation & the Incredible......thank you 'jrsharp21' !!!!!!

lezli3boox

Apr 5, 2011
How exsactly do you download "Z4Root [APP] z4root - xda-developers"
im starting Now and already ran into a problem, i clicked on the link and was taken to a website where there was a screen shot, underneath the screen shot was a link that looks like this "Attached Files
apk.gif
z4root.1.3.0.apk (955.5 KB, 439136 views)"
before being able to click on it i had to register, and after i register i still couldnt do it because i was a newbie , i also tried Right clicking and "save target as " but it sves the file as an internet page ???
how do you download the z4root????
please help !!1
also when i download the recovery image i get a cd burner?

lezli3boox

Apr 5, 2011
ok I Manage to download Z4root , For every one who is trying this for the first time and wants to save time by not having to guess , You have to Sign up to the website you are taken to when you click on the z4root link, you must also activate the account by verifying your email or you will not be able to download it , i wish " jrsharp21" would write that on his thread because it is a step by step and we cant be left to asume this , especially if one knows nothing about what their doing ,