Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

Nailian

Apr 11, 2011
Hi I've been made all you tell in here but when I type :
Code:
# flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
# reboot recovery
my coby reboot and and it remains freeze in the image of the triangle with the android please answer meeeeee quickly I restart it it has been working as usuall but I want to do the ClockworkMod recovery....

jmg_lag

Apr 14, 2011
hi there.

this process seems easy enough, but I cannot move the file flash_image to the /system/bin directory.

I get the message:

CP: can't stat '/sdcard/flash_image': no such file or directory

But I can see it in the SDCARD when using andexplorer. But it shows up in the /nand file under SDCARD. I cannot move it from inside andexplorer - wont let me copy inside andexplorer. I cannot copy it from the su command prompt from /sdcard/nand/ either.

AND I did extract the file from the .zip and put it on the SD CARD, so I see the file, not the .zip.

Help?

Thanks.
jmg

Last edited:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
hi there.

this process seems easy enough, but I cannot move the file flash_image to the /system/bin directory.

I get the message:

CP: can't stat '/sdcard/flash_image': no such file or directory

But I can see it in the SDCARD when using andexplorer. But it shows up in the /nand file under SDCARD. I cannot move it from inside andexplorer - wont let me copy inside andexplorer. I cannot copy it from the su command prompt from /sdcard/nand/ either.

AND I did extract the file from the .zip and put it on the SD CARD, so I see the file, not the .zip.

Help?

Thanks.
jmg

You are saying you do have flash_image on the EXTERNAL sdcard right?

Don't worry about it being in /nand/sdcard for now.
Just to be sure there isn't something else glitched, do a hard reset with the button on the back and wait for reboot.
Get back into terminal and superuser mode. Type the following EXACTLY with spaces where I put [space] hitting enter after each line.

cp[space]/sdcard/flash_image[space]/system/bin/flash_image
chown[space]root.shell[space]/system/bin/flash_image
chmod[space]0755[space]/system/bin/flash_image

Good luck.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Seems a lot of us who have the 7015A needs to know that there to get clockwork mod to work you need: flash_image file, recovery.img and a microsdcard.

jmg_lag

Apr 14, 2011
I cannot seem to get the 7015 to charge since this root. Anyone else find this issue? I know I saw it somewhere, but forum search keeps coming up blank for me.

I know it was working before the root... I thought it was working after the root, but I cannot 100% guarantee i saw it charging after the root.

Since rooting, I have installed a bunch of apps. Simple apps and games. Nothing power management or system management or anything like that.

Now I am about to run out of battery.... Help?

(oh yeah, I also have the spontaneous startup and shutdown while in sleep for no reason... any ideas?

Thanks!
JMG

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
How long have you had that tablet. After 300 charges the battery fails.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
How long have you had that tablet. After 300 charges the battery fails.

I had a question about that as I've read this before. When that unfortunate day happens, will the Tablet still work if plugged in? I'd still lose my mobility but I'd hate to think that it would be rendered completely useless.

vontwst

Apr 15, 2011
i have rooted 2 of these tab previously.on this third one i ran into issues...i used this tutorial(thanks a billion,by the way)still ran into problems rebooting into clockwork...i then added the recovery image(Recovery.img
Sendspace.com - Download

)to the sd card....reran emulator..retyped su (enter) retyped flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img (enter) then finally typed reboot recovery (enter) it worked for me....hope it helps...these tabs are awesome when you root!....ps thanks again JRSHARP21 !!!! vontwst

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
The battery can be replaced then for $11 bucks and the new battery can go beyond the 300 limit which is 500 is the max in charges. In my B10 Rom I've provided an Android tools to keep track of the battery health.

I ran into the issue with 7015A and Clock Mod here

vontwst

Apr 15, 2011
you rule thankyou...ive found it wont work without recovery img on external sdcard....ps your awesome

MMAJOR44

Apr 16, 2011
Thank you for these directions. They were very easy. After completing this process, can I ( or do I need to) download and install the SDKManager and winsub driver?

smikail

Apr 14, 2011
Thanks for the instructions, I rooted my coby 7015A.

Only one note I would add to the instruction, that is to unzip the flash_image file after downloading, and keep the google market zipped

a lot of people complained they got a message in step#15 that the flash_image is not found because they used it zipped.

I have a question, do I still need the installation files on the SD card, or can I delete them?

Thanks

e5cmb

Apr 17, 2011
Thanks so much for the perfect instructions. This took me all of 20 minutes to perform and that's because I was being very cautious. I didn't want to "brick" my tablet.

I've browsed the net for a week or so about 2 months ago, tried once to root my tablet...failed and pretty much gave up till today. Well, it worked seamlessly!! I love it!

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
mrbean1957,
So when you tried reboot - you did not get to the clockworkmod menu (green text) instead you boot back into the normal tablet system with the floating leaves and ripples background?
This thread's OP (Original Post) has the steps in text so it's easier to say which step number failed. My first guess is you were at $ prompt instead of # prompt when you entered the commands.
First easy check.
Open the Android Terminal and at the $ prompt type in
su
and hit enter. Does that give you a # sign for a prompt and/or ask for SuperUser permissions then give you a # sign prompt?
These are steps 10-15 in the OP.
Next question would be what is in the root directory of the sdcard? Using AndExplorer go up to root then open folder "sdcard" and see what is there loose, not in a folder. What?

Last edited: