Rooting and Google Marketplace using update to 7015A....step by step process

FMORA

Apr 2, 2011
I have a problem, i put the flash_image file on the sd card main directory with the other files, z4root, term.apk, etc etc, when i try the first step on the term emulator after press enter, says: no such file or directory

Tindeath

Apr 5, 2011
Thank you everyone for your input and help on this forum, it is very informative and easy to follow. I have a Coby Build MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3 and followed this guide only skipping step 15, and was able to root and install Google apps in about 20 minutes. When I got to step 10, I did have a problem getting the keyboard to show-up, but I just went ahead and hooked-up a full size USB keyboard in the mini-usb slot and type the information in that way (IMO it was easier than touch keyboard anyways). Everything works and can now get the apps I have been wanting...

This is my first post on Androidtablets.net, and thanks again for everyone's hard work, you all are the greatest...

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
I have a problem, i put the flash_image file on the sd card main directory with the other files, z4root, term.apk, etc etc, when i try the first step on the term emulator after press enter, says: no such file or directory

I've noticed in step 2 some people may be trying to use the flash_image file as a zip. You must first unzip it then put it in the main directory of your sdcard.

Last edited:

FMORA

Apr 2, 2011
Its already unzipped, and my MID7015a in the about section says rooted android 2.1 with the stock rom is normal that?

kerry_s

Mar 17, 2011
Thank you everyone for your input and help on this forum, it is very informative and easy to follow. I have a Coby Build MID7015 1.6a_20101124-3 and followed this guide only skipping step 15, and was able to root and install Google apps in about 20 minutes. When I got to step 10, I did have a problem getting the keyboard to show-up, but I just went ahead and hooked-up a full size USB keyboard in the mini-usb slot and type the information in that way (IMO it was easier than touch keyboard anyways). Everything works and can now get the apps I have been wanting...

This is my first post on Androidtablets.net, and thanks again for everyone's hard work, you all are the greatest...

just for future, you can hold the menu button & the keyboard will come up, hold again to remove.

jtkroeker

Apr 7, 2011
I was getting the flash image not found error for a while and then extracted the flash_image file from the flash_image.zip folder...this solved the problem (but it took me hours and much frustration to figure that out).

jtkroeker

Apr 7, 2011
For everyone having trouble with the flash_image file, I finally realized I needed to extract it from the .zip folder and that solved the problem.

I got through the Gapp install successfully, but when I tried to reboot, the Kyros didn't come back on. I have not been able to power it on! HELP PLEASE!?

thebon

Apr 5, 2011
Just a general FYI for MID7015A tablet...I was able to get Adobe Reader and several other apps that work better than the AppLib apps on the new Amazon Market for Android. Don't have to worry about getting on market.droid or rooting. Just go to Amazon.com to see more info.

lyoumans

Apr 6, 2011
Worked 1st time for me great job on the instructions. Android like linux must be typed in the right way and file and folder must be the right case.