stop defaut browser from redirecting to mobile sites

saurabh

May 22, 2011
yup my bad, the setings menu was hidden under the acer promotional sticker and i had being looking for it all over the world....:)

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Ok, I'm still missing it. I go into settings and see 4 "Tabs" General, Privacy & Security, Advanced, and Labs. I went through all 4 and don't see a debug choice. Where should I be seeing it?

Thanks!

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Never mind. It must have been my picking the Settings from the wrong place. I now see the 5th tab (Debug). Thanks again.

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I only had to do mine the once but also found you need to check 'Normal Rendering' as well as the Tab will try and resize web sites.

I tried this but it made no difference. If the browser shuts down then I have to go through the process again, even though Desktop is still the selected option.

HD87

May 14, 2011
That's right. I'm having the same issue but it does work. If you start getting redirected again go through the process and select android then desktop and back out. will not redirect till you shutdown again. working on a permanent solution. any ideas post up!

johnblaze322

May 27, 2011
works great dont even have to enter the www. but is there any permant solution such as always having the debug function unlocked?

rkka93

May 5, 2011
That's right. I'm having the same issue but it does work. If you start getting redirected again go through the process and select android then desktop and back out. will not redirect till you shutdown again. working on a permanent solution. any ideas post up!

This isn't a permanent solution, but you can avoid a shutdown if you don't care about your cookies. If you do the about:debug and then delete your cookies it will work again. It's too bad you can't selectively delete cookies for the site that tried to load mobile. You can only clear all cookies.

Either way, it's a pain.