Superpad i7 Android 2.2 Tablet PC 7 Inch Infotmic

mjleslie

Jan 17, 2012
Just contacted Visa as well. They are going to go after Groupon and Zoomafx for me!
P
Hey yobaby i see youre in vic. If your tablet isn't working can I buy your charger off you? Mine came with the wrong one. I can give you the one they sent me if you are returning the package

Cheers

yobaby

Jan 18, 2012
Hi mjleslie. I gotta tell you that I don't have much hope of returning this piece of crap. As you have heard, Zoomafx and Groupon are both being very difficult. Besides that, I think I may have gotten the wrong charger too! It doesn't really fit into the tablet they way it is supposed to, and the tablet never really fully charges. Are you having the same problem? Anyway, I'll keep you in the loop!

yobaby

Jan 18, 2012
OK! I did it; I contacted Steele On Your Side at CTV to let her know about this issue. I provided links to this forum, and the discussion going on on youtube. I'm not necessarily hopeful, but we'll see if anything comes of this.

Sandiamos

Jan 11, 2012
I am having the same problem as most of the other posters. I am getting nowhere with Groupon or Zoomafx. Both have simply stopped replying to my emails. I intend to contact my BBB in Ontario to lodge a complaint. I was in touch with Mastercard & they will refund my money if I can get a letter from a computer repair person stating that this product is not as advertised. Only problem with that is it will cost me $50! I cannot believe that Groupon is ignoring all of us..there must be many more people out there who are having the same problem but aren't posting publicly? Anyway, I have kept all the correspondence & I refuse to give up on this until I get my money back!!! Cheers, Sandra.

yobaby

Jan 18, 2012
Good News! I have heard back from Steele On Your Side from CTV. They have had several people contact them, and today are going to have a researcher speak with Groupon. Maybe we're getting somewhere...negative national press is likely something that Groupon would like to avoid!!

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
Good idea going to CTV. Maybe CBC's Marketplace would be interested in this story as well. Maybe they would be able to locate Zoomafx's "office"?

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
FYI,

I still have gotten no where.

Groupon told me a bunch of crap then had me fill out the RMA page, telling me to contact them if I haven't heard back in a week.
I gave them 8 days then attempted to contact group-on again, threatening to contact Visa.
2 days later and they have not contacted me back.

I will give them until Monday, I know they work on weekends. they have responded on Sundays before.

wilbert

Dec 23, 2011
I hear Wagjag are providing refunds. For those who bought it through Wagjag, you should probably give them a call to be sure. Looks like they are honouring their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Good for them!

What about you Groupon? Are you going to honour your "Groupon Promise"? The Groupon Promise Doesn't look like it from the posts in this forum? Should I be making group purchases at Wagjag instead? Maybe I should.

I liked watching their Groupon Promise video too (check out the link above). It made me chuckle. Groupon apparently "employ dozens of experts who painstakingly research each local business they feature. That attention to detail helps us weed out the bad apples and provide a consistently wonderful experience for our users". Ummmm.....one of the "experts" needs to be fired or their "research" methods need to include a visit to the actual business location since Zoomafx does not have any office at 300 West Beaver Creek Road, Richmond Hill, Ontario. The rest of the video is also entertaining since it contradicts what people are experiencing (from the posts in this forum).

Bye Bye Groupon. Hello Wagjag!

NEM3SIS

Dec 17, 2011
Called Visa... long and short of it is they told me that groupon only sold me the voucher, therefore are not liable for redemption or the use thereof. Even if a claim was made for fraudulent activity it would be rejected and I would be charged for a false claim.

God I love getting jerked around by everyone.

FSF333

Jan 14, 2012
Update on my progres with this scam:

1. Complained to Visa and was asked to submit a letter and all supporting documents.
2. Forwarded a complaint to BBB
3. Spoke to Groupon over the Friday (again!) and they are supposed to call me back on Monday.

I am not hopeful but we will see...

Paragirl

Jan 10, 2012
Update:

I have been issued a refund by Groupon and assured that they will get back to me "soon" with the product return information from ZoomaFX. After a lengthy string of emails back and forth which clearly demonstrated that Groupon's customer service staff were not even reading the emails I was sending (in their responses they would ask for info that had already been provided several times, or suggest actions that I had already explained had failed), I advised them that I required a satisfactory solution by a specific date or would proceed to name both them and ZoomaFX in a series of formal complaints. By the end of the deadline business day I had an email from them confirming that although they couldn't provide me with an RMA number to send the tablet back, they have issued a full refund. This is what worked for me:

Hello,

Further to my previous emails and your subsequent request for information on January 12, 2012, please advise if you have received an RMA number from ZoomaFX in order that I may return the unsatisfactory tablet purchased through your promotional scheme.

I will proceed to issue a formal complaint with the Consumers' Association of Canada, the Better Business Bureau, Advertising Standards Canada, and the Canadian Marketing Association, should I not received a satisfactory response by Friday January 20, 2012 from either ZoomaFX or Groupon addressing my request to return this falsely marketed item for a full refund.

Kind regards,

Karen J.

On Friday January 20 I received the following response:

Hi Karen,

Thank you again for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We are expecting to have return information become available from the business tomorrow or by the beginning of next week. I will notify you once I receive this information so that you could send your item back.

In the meantime, I just issued you a full refund and removed this Groupon from your account. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.

Regards,

Christopher L
Groupon Customer Support

I also posted a complaint on their Facebook page, which although removed, did prompt a secondary contact with them and instigated further investigation into my complaints.

mjleslie

Jan 17, 2012
Hi mjleslie. I gotta tell you that I don't have much hope of returning this piece of crap. As you have heard, Zoomafx and Groupon are both being very difficult. Besides that, I think I may have gotten the wrong charger too! It doesn't really fit into the tablet they way it is supposed to, and the tablet never really fully charges. Are you having the same problem? Anyway, I'll keep you in the loop!

Thanks yobaby. My tablet seems to charge ok its just those morons sent me a charger way to big for the input. Let me know if you'd be willing to spare yours it would be a huge help. Good luck with getting your money back! Stick it to them:mad:

Tiara

Jan 22, 2012
Update:

I have been issued a refund by Groupon and assured that they will get back to me "soon" with the product return information from ZoomaFX. After a lengthy string of emails back and forth which clearly demonstrated that Groupon's customer service staff were not even reading the emails I was sending (in their responses they would ask for info that had already been provided several times, or suggest actions that I had already explained had failed), I advised them that I required a satisfactory solution by a specific date or would proceed to name both them and ZoomaFX in a series of formal complaints. By the end of the deadline business day I had an email from them confirming that although they couldn't provide me with an RMA number to send the tablet back, they have issued a full refund. This is what worked for me:

Hello,

Further to my previous emails and your subsequent request for information on January 12, 2012, please advise if you have received an RMA number from ZoomaFX in order that I may return the unsatisfactory tablet purchased through your promotional scheme.

I will proceed to issue a formal complaint with the Consumers' Association of Canada, the Better Business Bureau, Advertising Standards Canada, and the Canadian Marketing Association, should I not received a satisfactory response by Friday January 20, 2012 from either ZoomaFX or Groupon addressing my request to return this falsely marketed item for a full refund.

Kind regards,

Karen J.

On Friday January 20 I received the following response:

Hi Karen,

Thank you again for your patience as we work to resolve this issue. We are expecting to have return information become available from the business tomorrow or by the beginning of next week. I will notify you once I receive this information so that you could send your item back.

In the meantime, I just issued you a full refund and removed this Groupon from your account. Please allow up to 10 business days for this to be reflected on your statement.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime.

Regards,

Christopher L
Groupon Customer Support

I also posted a complaint on their Facebook page, which although removed, did prompt a secondary contact with them and instigated further investigation into my complaints.

wow, thanks Paragirl! I read all your posts and I am gonna try more aggressive tactics with these guys. It looks like that is what worked for you