T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Give me all your exact Access settings.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

HarleyGUy

Jan 8, 2011
Options available for apn settings.

Wap.voicestream.com or internet2.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com

internet3 also works but is for vpn settings

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Give me all your exact Access settings.

Name
T-mobile US

APN
epc.tmobile.com

Proxy
<not set>

Port
<not set>

User Name
None

Password
**** ( this was the defualt from factory settings )

Server

MMSC
http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

MMS proxy
<not set>

MMS port
<not set>

MCC

MNC

Authentication Type
<not set>

APN type
<not set>

Hope that helps

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
Ok, thats interesting. I got my sim yesterday and couldn't get data to work. Spent all day on the phone with support. One (out of about 7) service drones (US-based from the sound of her) said that non-supported devices are not allowed day pass web access. Went into a store today and put a sim (with contracted data plan) from one of their Android phones in my S7 and still no data, so it's definitely device-dependent. Put a mobile broadband sim from one of their tablets in my S7 and data was fine - but no phone. The store tried to help convince the help center to transfer my pay as u go balance to a mobile broadband account but they refused. So, they wanted me to forfeit my minutes and buy ANOTHER sim plus data time! Told the call center supervisor I would contact my state attorney general instead since a sales rep specifically told me this would work before I bought it. It does appear that data is specifically blocked on S7s now. Especially concerning that the store sim - which had a data contract, not pay as u go - didnt work...

UPDATE: Any site that doesn't have the text "t-mobile" in its URL is blocked. For instance, I went on wifi and bookmarked the Wikipedia entry for T-mobile, cleared my cache, then tried the bookmark via 2G, and it worked. Same for the other thread on this forum: T-Mobile Pay As You Go+$1.49 Day Pass... That works, too, because "t-mobile" is in the URL. Any other site just redirects me to My T-Mobile. This sucks.

Last edited:

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
duceirea
Take out all settings except internet2.voicestream.com as the APN.
That includes the username, password and mms stuff.
I'm sure I didn't have all that in to get it to work.

Joshua

Nov 28, 2010
Heres the deal from an insider,

T-Mobile uses a IMEI decoder that detects the manufacturer and model of your device based on the IMEI. T-Mobile has decided to classify the Huawei S7 as a Mobile Broadband Device(Like the Galaxy Tab and Dell Netbooks) instead of a smart phone. This is why it brings you to the my-tmobile website to set up a pre-paid mobile broadband account. I have emailed some people internally to see if this can be corrected.

stephndudb

Jan 5, 2011
What's the economic advantage for them to do that? They can't sell call minutes and text message plans that way. Or, is it just a screwup by someone who doesn't know better? Either way, seems like they owe refunds to those of us who have been affected.

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Would it be better to tether off a TM phone? Are there any prepaid models known to work?

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
very intresting thing here as well I just got a delivery failure to the email adress of [email protected] and that is the adress the suprivisor gave me to get in contact with the higher ups.. so they just lied to me... this really pisses me off

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
duceirea
Take out all settings except internet2.voicestream.com as the APN.
That includes the username, password and mms stuff.
I'm sure I didn't have all that in to get it to work.

ok I just tryed this and no luck... yeah t mobile needs to fix this asap.. this is retarted...

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
What's the economic advantage for them to do that? They can't sell call minutes and text message plans that way. Or, is it just a screwup by someone who doesn't know better? Either way, seems like they owe refunds to those of us who have been affected.

by the judge of the people I have talked to for the last 2 days it is more likely they dont know anything.. there all freaking morons I am sooo sick of talking to people in india

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Have you tried to call t-mobile and give them a imei of another phone that is not a smart phone? Must be a dumb phone, and does not have to be t-mobile if you tell them it is unlocked. However, less of a problem if it is a cheap t-mobile prepaid dumb phone. Then switch your chip to the Hs7 and see if that works.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
Have you tried to call t-mobile and give them a imei of another phone that is not a smart phone? Must be a dumb phone, and does not have to be t-mobile if you tell them it is unlocked. However, less of a problem if it is a cheap t-mobile prepaid dumb phone. Then switch your chip to the Hs7 and see if that works.

yeah might work but that assumes I have the extra money right now to go out and buy another phone that I dont have.. not to mention I shouldnt have too.. So I sent a email to robert dotson.. hopefully this will result in something..

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
you don't have to buy a new phone- if you have an old unused dumb phone laying around you can use that imei. Just don't use it with another carrier while registered with t-mo. It doesn't even have to be unlocked. Just tell t-mo that it is.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
you don't have to buy a new phone- if you have an old unused dumb phone laying around you can use that imei. Just don't use it with another carrier while registered with t-mo. It doesn't even have to be unlocked. Just tell t-mo that it is.

problem I dont have a old unused dumb phone laying around at the moment