Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
If you think that this is in any way like an Ipad, you are going to be very, very disappointed......

It is a very basic Android tablet, with a slow processor and an unresponsive screen and the tab alone is not worth 150 us dollars. There are many chinese tabs much better for the same or less money.
Having said that, the concept is good and it works as a car unit very well. I like mine vey much......but IMO it could have been so much better.........
Look at how much faster the 2.3 is! if it was just a little better I think it would be perfect minus the bluetooth not really working

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
Ok. Now for those who will stick with there 7022 (or even if the 7033 has the same problem), I managed to patch the GPS speed with the help of this: GPS speed error ?. :cool:

Speed is back to spec, but I did not crosscheck with another GPS to see if it is really knots instead of m/s. If there is still an error, please report it and I will change the factor in the file.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Because the /system partition is almost full, I had some problem pushing the framework.jar file in /system/framework. The rm -r command does not instantly free up the space in the partition, and I had to reboot without this file. The boot stopped at the small rodent in the upper left corner and I was able to "adb push" the file from there. I did not wipe the dalvik-cache, so it took some reboot before the patch made it's way.

Now for the 7033. Do you think it would be possible to pull the 2.3 from it, thin it and push it in the 7022? ;)

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
techically, it should be able to port the O/S from DM7033 and flash it on DM7022. Many people do it on the cellphone but I don't know how. Maybe, it is a interesting project to discovery.
V2.1 and V2.3 is different. I think the bootsector too.

I have a Mygiga Enjoy TV (Android 2.1). Manefacturer release the v2.3 upgrade and it needs to flash the boot partition too. My unit run super fast after upgrade. I think v2.3 has a fast kernel

After I have DM7033, you guy (who know how to port and flash) can have my DM7022 for free and you can play around the flashing stuff. It will benefit for all the people who stuck with DM7022

Last edited:

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
The manufacturer said it comes with the home charger with the pad for US$127. Ship to HK is US$8, ship to Canada is under US$30 by EMS (5 days)

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
The manufacturer said it comes with the home charger with the pad for US$127. Ship to HK is US$8, ship to Canada is under US$30 by EMS (5 days)
Who is this from and how do you order? what is the method of payment?

amarygma

Nov 30, 2011
If you think that this is in any way like an Ipad, you are going to be very, very disappointed......

It is a very basic Android tablet, with a slow processor and an unresponsive screen and the tab alone is not worth 150 us dollars. There are many chinese tabs much better for the same or less money.
Having said that, the concept is good and it works as a car unit very well. I like mine vey much......but IMO it could have been so much better.........

No worries, I do not really expect it to be an ipad.

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
i talked to the seller that sells it for 127 and $30 shipping for $157 total. the problem is they only accept bank wire transfer or western union. that is why i didn't buy. bank transfer is $40 fee and western union is $14 fee but both is not safe

spacey

Dec 23, 2011
Hi All,
I've been following the thread here for a while and finally took the plunge and purchase my ES777A unit and so far so good. A couple of little issues that I see other people have experienced here:

The PAD doesn’t find a GPS single when it’s not in the Car unit. I was told by Erisin the GPS was built into the PAD but that doesn’t look to be the case. The pad has a turn GPS on and off section but it never finds a thing until its plugged back in the main car unit. Does anybody know if this is this correct or could I have a faulty PAD?

Secondly the GPS looks to have a software fault mentioned within this thread.. As the speed is almost doubled whatever you actually doing. e.g. you’re doing 50 it say 102. it’s the same whether you’re the software is set to mph or kph. I've also tested it side by side with my existing GPS device and that fine so it’s not a signal issue.
Will the patch linked within this thread fix it for a 2.3.3 version of Android.

One other thing worth noting is that local time from the GPS signal is miles out almost like its ignoring the local regional settings. Wasn’t an issue until I change the locale settings to LONDON, Dublin GMT -0

Also Erisin include a free (probably ripped off) version of IGO but even when you set the units to MPH and not KPH it still reports the current speed as KPH but I guess this a skin issue maybe?

I've also managed to root the device using Super-one-click root application of the xda site. I'd like to back up the ROM before doing anything else but ClockworkMod installs fine, installs the drivers ok, then reboots but fails with "quit this mode, please use hard reset your board" equally any attempt to access the boot loader by hold down the three buttons and resetting device brings up this screen/error. So can you recommend a way of backing up the rom etc and what is the correct procedure to hard reset once of these devices.

Sorry to ask so many questions but one thing I’ve learnt (the hard way) since owning this unit... Information and help is almost non-existent.

So hopefully somebody here will have the answers to questions. I know support hasn’t managed to answer them yet:)
Gareth
Ps. if i can manage to back up the ROM, would it be helpful to share the image for those who want to upgrade?? will it even work? Don’t mind sharing if it’ll help.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
The GPS is definitely not built into the pad. Heh, its interesting that the GPS speed still isn't fixed on the new version I never got the fix to work on my 2.1 tab. I think but am not positive you can make a backup in FWDN. I'm not sure if we could load the 2.3 but im guessing no but you can post it anyway :)

spacey

Dec 23, 2011
So what’s the best way to dump the rom on one of these units (ES777A). Playing around I've found the right combination to access FASTBOOT and FWDN mode but I'm unfamiliar with both. Any and all suggestion most welcome.
I'd normaly use ClockworkMod but i've had no luck with that so far.
Gareth