Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
I removed the phone.apk since I can't connect to anything with it in the US anyway.?
Good to know. More place in /system folder.

How did you change the DPI??
With "LCD Resolution" https://market.android.com/details?id=com.wemobs.android.lcdresolution

I looked at those files they have and I don't think the GPS update is for ours it says to "insert the SD card with the files on it directly into the gps slot"?
Like when they say to go in the GPS menu???

Where is the dm7033 on the erisin website?
They dont have it yet.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Like when they say to go in the GPS menu???
Yeah I forget exactly what it says but I couldn't find where it said it was for our unit and when they were describing the install procedure it didn't really sound like it. Did you get it to install?

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
... Did you get it to install?
Nope.

It took some time before I could test my GPS, I couldn't get any signal except when playing with the coax cable at a certain place. Find out that the cable was melted from the inside (Chinese quality?) on a two inch long section. Had to cut and splice.

After that, signal is very strong, but I also have the "twice the speed" syndrome, and time is also off. The app GPS Test (updated with the one on the market, not the original Chinese one) say that local is GMT.

Over that, I've been trying to implement the adhoc tweak for the wifi. I want to connect to a OBD2-WIFI adapter to run Torque app on my car. Up to now, no luck with the /system/bin/wpa_supplicant avenue. I will try tweaking the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file.

Edit: phone.apk, eoemarket.apk and ES_filemanager.apk deleted :cool:

Last edited:

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Over that, I've been trying to implement the adhoc tweak for the wifi. I want to connect to a OBD2-WIFI adapter to run Torque app on my car. Up to now, no luck with the /system/bin/wpa_supplicant avenue. I will try tweaking the /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf file.
They have OBD2 adapters with wifi?! Let me know if you get that working

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
Nope.

It took some time before I could test my GPS, I couldn't get any signal except when playing with the coax cable at a certain place. Find out that the cable was melted from the inside (Chinese quality?) on a two inch long section. Had to cut and splice.

After that, signal is very strong, but I also have the "twice the speed" syndrome, and time is also off. The app GPS Test (updated with the one on the market, not the original Chinese one) say that local is GMT.

Edit: phone.apk, eoemarket.apk and ES_filemanager.apk deleted :cool:

Forget about the GPS softwre it comes with. Yes "TWICE THE SPEED" problem happen on my unit also. I delete the GPS software it comes with and install Co-pilot GPS software on it. It works fine. I think it is GPS software bugs. What is OBD2-WIFI adaptor?

I am using my Android phone WIFI tathering. It works fine too. The Unit is SO SLOW. Now I don't want to use it except to play music.

The UNIT cannot read tranitional chinese name. so bad. Now, I have to run the music on the PAD. in order to read all chinese wording.

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Forget about the GPS softwre it comes with. Yes "TWICE THE SPEED" problem happen on my unit also. I delete the GPS software it comes with and install Co-pilot GPS software on it. It works fine. I think it is GPS software bugs. What is OBD2-WIFI adaptor?

I am using my Android phone WIFI tathering. It works fine too. The Unit is SO SLOW. Now I don't want to use it except to play music.

The UNIT cannot read tranitional chinese name. so bad. Now, I have to run the music on the PAD. in order to read all chinese wording.
The GPS software isnt the problem on mine I get the same speed ratings no matter what program i use cardock or google maps navigation. OBD2 is an interface to your car's ECU that allows you to get readings from your cars engine. I didn't even know they could make VFDs with chinese characters but they didn't advertise that the unit could

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
Yep, like i expected, erisin.com and gzwinmark the manufacture has discontinued the dm7022 and i doubt there is any update or support for it anymore. what a dissapointment. ill be looking into a dm7033 to see if i can get a good price

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
Yep, like i expected, erisin.com and gzwinmark the manufacture has discontinued the dm7022 and i doubt there is any update or support for it anymore. what a dissapointment. ill be looking into a dm7033 to see if i can get a good price
Let me know if you can find the dm7033 for cheap and if you can get it as just the tablet

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
i got price quote for just the tablet is $190 shipped to united state. they use the same in dash unit, just different pad. i saw the dm7033 in action and it is ALOT faster than dm7022

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
i got price quote for just the tablet is $190 shipped to united state. they use the same in dash unit, just different pad. i saw the dm7033 in action and it is ALOT faster than dm7022
How/where do you order from?

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
im trying to get better deal direct from manufacture right now...there was a guy here couple post away saying he got a quote of $127 usd which is cheap! typo maybe?

leungda

Nov 20, 2011
im trying to get better deal direct from manufacture right now...there was a guy here couple post away saying he got a quote of $127 usd which is cheap! typo maybe?

Yes, The manufacturer offer me US$127 for the pad ONLY. I am asking them if I ship back the DM7022, is it any better deal for me. I know it is more unlikely. email to: [email protected] or MSN to: [email protected]

I think you are talking about this:

Last edited by a moderator:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Does anybody have the specs for the 7033 ?
Does it have a capacitive screen ? I think that is the main problem with the 7022.....

Edit: Didn't notice that video was the 7033. Still looks to be a resistive screen.....shame.

Last edited: