Trying to Identify Kernel, Possible Overclocking Possibilities for DM7022 Radio

Mibix

Oct 6, 2011
that picture been saying 2.3 update for a while now and the model is DM 7033 not DM 7022. 7033 is suppose to come out later this month, same thing with 2.3 update. once i get update from the developers in china, ill update you guys
This is the best news ever. Will you also include flashing instruction steps :)

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
Pulling my hair out now !!

Can you please tell me what steps you took to root your device....

I have started from scratch...reset to factory defaults..installed and run z4root...it says tab is rooted...installed titanium backup...it says tab is not rooted or busybox not installed.....installed busybox installer, but when I run it it fails, throws up an error for a few seconds that says something about /system/xbin can't be mounted as r/w...exiting.

If you have titanium backup running o.k. what steps did you do exactly to achieve this ?

Please help..............

were you able to root and update to 2.2 with the files i supplied?

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
man am i disappointed, i haven't received the files yet so i contacted the manufactures again and they sent me to files. i flashed it and it turned out to be 2.1 android again. i ask them what happened. i was told this is a better copy with bugs worked out and the 2.3 update should be another 2 weeks since they are having trouble installing it on the pad. so i guess i will still have to wait and see

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've been working away.

As far as the root goes....works well....thanks for that.
The 2.2 update worked fine, but, as you said, it has a lot of things that don't work:
no keyboard.....fixed.
Buttons are changed from back and menu to home and back (no menu button)
No onscreen buttons
No accounts and sync option in settings
No market
No browser
No gps

Some of these can probably be fixed and I will spend some time trying..... will let you know how I get on.

Do you mind posting the 2.1 files they sent you ?...would probably be easier to go back with them, should I decide to do so.

It would be nice to get a 2.3 update, hope they come through with that !!

Forgot to mention:..... It is much faster and I think more responsive on the screen.....overall just seems better so I think an upgrade would definitely be worth having !

Last edited:

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
Are you saying you rooted with the adb commands ? or you installed the haipad firmware ?

O.K. I missed the "see post 4 comment".....you rooted with the adb command....that's the same process we used...

I might try the Haipad firmware to see what happens....it's the same processor.....

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There is almost no overclocking headroom on TCC8902 devices. Most devices are clocked to a maximum of 720mHz because that is the most stable speed it runs at. Plus, you will need to obtain kernel sources.

You can lose GPS functionality if you flash any Haipad firmware, or probably even worse. You need to find a firmware for a device that is at least reasonably similar....

TDI_Votex

Nov 5, 2011
There is almost no overclocking headroom on TCC8902 devices. Most devices are clocked to a maximum of 720mHz because that is the most stable speed it runs at. Plus, you will need to obtain kernel sources.

Yes, new kernel is required to overclock.:(

Some application on the market give me the "download unsuccessful" and direct from the web site, it say "This item cannot be installed in your device's country". There is still some Chinese setting in there.

j8dailo

Oct 31, 2011
Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I've been working away.

As far as the root goes....works well....thanks for that.
The 2.2 update worked fine, but, as you said, it has a lot of things that don't work:
no keyboard.....fixed.
Buttons are changed from back and menu to home and back (no menu button)
No onscreen buttons
No accounts and sync option in settings
No market
No browser
No gps

Some of these can probably be fixed and I will spend some time trying..... will let you know how I get on.

Do you mind posting the 2.1 files they sent you ?...would probably be easier to go back with them, should I decide to do so.

It would be nice to get a 2.3 update, hope they come through with that !!

Forgot to mention:..... It is much faster and I think more responsive on the screen.....overall just seems better so I think an upgrade would definitely be worth having !

i went back to 2.1 already since much things don't work and i have alot of trouble sourcing market, map apps for it to work. i was able to push stock android keyboard to the 2.2 with working chinese market and browser. i got a eta about 2 weeks. the engineering team is working hard on a faster more stable version of 2.3 for the dm7022 so be patient guys. i will post the original factory 2.1 files shorty. anyone with stock 2.1 should try this 2.1. it does have some bugs worked out, working market and much less FC..ill post the files soon
ill keep updated with the chinese engineering team and keep you guys posted

blankers

Oct 28, 2011
I've also gone back to the 2.1 image......too many problems with that 2.2....... I also tried a few others without success.

I look forward to hearing from you ( or anyone else ) that gets a 2.3 image that works.......