Viewsonic Viewpad 10s

macros

Mar 13, 2011
Ok,thanks for info about gtab roms.
think i'm gonna keep an eye out on the advent vega roms,they look like they are based on almost the same hardware.
I already have the market fix installed,but thanks anyway.

android074

Mar 16, 2011
Hi Shayind4,

Can you please put a link here with the 10s firmware update I can not find it on the viewsonic web site.

Brgds

Android074

android074

Mar 16, 2011
I tested it works fine The trick is that the viewpad is switched off, then push back after one second power (keep back pushed) release back and release power Right procedure:

1 when the viewpad is switched on connect the usb to the computer
2 switch of the viewpad (confirm closing down)
3 push buttons as mentioned above and watch computer management (usb controlers)

For detailed instructions please take a look at the description in usb drivers link from JohanMeert

Brgds

Android074

sjelkie

Mar 19, 2011
Hi guys,
I just bought mine a couple of days in HK and most things work like a charm. The only issues are acces to the market and 3G connectivity.

OK UPDATE
Somehow the first file I downloaded was indeed corrupted. I downloaded it again and was now able to install. Remains the 3G issue only. Any ideas?

I tried the steps described before in regards to the market, downloaded the zip file (appr. 65kb) to my laptop and onto the micro sd card, reinserted it into the VP and started the software update. System restarts, after a quick installation progress bar, the system hangs and shows the orange arrow out of the box for hours. When I push the power button I get a screen in which the system tells me I can do a system swype, etc. and at the bottom it says that the update file was corrupted. Any ideas?

Also my 3G connection is not working. I can choose the provider T-mobile NL in my case and the screen shows the antenna bars in full. On my phone with a dual sim card I have 3G+ but nothing on my VP. Any ideas about this as well?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

PS I have the newest firmware 1.09

Last edited:

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi guys,
I just bought mine a couple of days in HK and most things work like a charm. The only issues are acces to the market and 3G connectivity.

OK UPDATE
Somehow the first file I downloaded was indeed corrupted. I downloaded it again and was now able to install. Remains the 3G issue only. Any ideas?

I tried the steps described before in regards to the market, downloaded the zip file (appr. 65kb) to my laptop and onto the micro sd card, reinserted it into the VP and started the software update. System restarts, after a quick installation progress bar, the system hangs and shows the orange arrow out of the box for hours. When I push the power button I get a screen in which the system tells me I can do a system swype, etc. and at the bottom it says that the update file was corrupted. Any ideas?

Also my 3G connection is not working. I can choose the provider T-mobile NL in my case and the screen shows the antenna bars in full. On my phone with a dual sim card I have 3G+ but nothing on my VP. Any ideas about this as well?

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Peter

PS I have the newest firmware 1.09

Hi
I don't know about 3g connection as i have wifi only VP10s. It appears that the market link is not working properly. The file should be 1941kb.

Shayind4

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi Sjelkie

Market attachment is below.

Shayind4

Attachments

• $market_update0.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 2,055

mobius999

Mar 11, 2011
Little disappointed to see the same specs. This just looks like a case redesign. Actually lost 200mah on the battery:(

EDIT: Also lost 15.5gb of internal storage. OUCH! With only 1 SD slot that's huge. 512mb is a big limiter for a tablet especially since not all apps can be moved to sd.

Last edited:

sjelkie

Mar 19, 2011
Hi,
I got the market working now thanks. Hope that someone can help me with the 3G though. I have a good connection with the provider, but no 3G and without it does not connect to internet

Thanks,
Peter

JohanMeert

Mar 19, 2011
I'm still having trouble connecting PC and VP10S.

I've tried following:
- shut off viewpad
- confirm shutoff
- press and release in sequence: BACK -1s- POWER -1s- BACK release -1s- POWER release

doesn't work

I also tried:
POWER -1s- BACK -1s- POWER RELEASE -1s- BACK release

The only thing I get is screen power on and off after a few sec, or a normal boot.

android074

Mar 16, 2011
Interesting I tested again and it also does not work anymore om my 10s. Only difference with yesterday is that I installed the firmware from the viewsonic web site
might have to do something with this. Any other experiences?

Android074

shayind4

Nov 22, 2010
Hi
Hold both power and back buttons together till PC recognises VP10s as APX (in device manager). It worked for me when i bricked mine after installing gtab custom ROM.

Shayind4

shenit

Jul 17, 2010
Little disappointed to see the same specs. This just looks like a case redesign. Actually lost 200mah on the battery:(

EDIT: Also lost 15.5gb of internal storage. OUCH! With only 1 SD slot that's huge. 512mb is a big limiter for a tablet especially since not all apps can be moved to sd.

You have a point with the internal storage, therefore we are now offering FREE 16GB Micro SD Card with all orders.