Where to buy Archos in stock?

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
Last edited:

kitex2

Dec 4, 2010
US..!!

just logged onto tigerdirect but the eta is not noted; when i placed the order i had sat noon as the target date.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<<Shipping Method: Second Day (2 days) | [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only Business Days[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]>>

Archos 101 Internet Tablet - A Review of the Archos 101 Internet Tablet
[/FONT]

i did same shipping method...tracking number confirms the 13th for me :/

jkane

Jun 23, 2010
I let the hammer drop. Kind of worried about the low memory and future upgrades, but my wife said get it! Then she said ... get 2! She wants one also. :) I tried, and it limited my "cart" to only 1. So I completed the order. Then went back and ordered a second one by itself. It let me do that with my same TD account. :)

I picked 3-7 day shipping on one, and 2 day on the other. We'll see which shows up faster. I have never had slow shipping with TD before, so I hope this doesn't change this time.

kitex2

Dec 4, 2010
looks like this is becoming more widely available CDW has some, for a herp derp price but its in stock if Tiger Runs out

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Yes that 256MB will be issue, it's shame they didn't double it. But for now have fun. Some here don't like task killers but you have to use them with 256MB models otherwise it will slow down Let the task killer remove apps out of memory that are not being used on my Archos. The WiFi on these device is the killer downfall. Don't use WNDR3700 or anything with Atheros chip in a WiFi router then you'll have issues with your Archos. Stick with Ralink Belkin and some Trendnet like TEW-691GR or UB chip found DLINK DIR-655.

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
Tiger Direct has the Archos 101 in stock now. Just ordered 2 of them and have order confirmation in email and will be shipped and received within 3 business days. Now all I need is to figure out 2 more Christmas gifts and I am all done. WOOHOO!! I love internet shopping!

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
Yes that 256MB will be issue, it's shame they didn't double it. But for now have fun. Some here don't like task killers but you have to use them with 256MB models otherwise it will slow down Let the task killer remove apps out of memory that are not being used on my Archos. The WiFi on these device is the killer downfall. Don't use WNDR3700 or anything with Atheros chip in a WiFi router then you'll have issues with your Archos. Stick with Ralink Belkin and some Trendnet like TEW-691GR or UB chip found DLINK DIR-655.

Tipstir I disagree on the task killers altogether. My Droid has 256 meg RAM and essentially the same processor as the Archos 101 running at 1 Ghz overclocked and it is fast as snot without any task killers at all. I have multiple static and dynamic widgets and run Launcher Pro Plus w/ the persistent memory hack. Once the Archos G8 tablets get full permanent root then you will see these buggers FLY. Custom AOSP ROMs like CM 6.1 for example would scream on these units. Especially if a custom kernel were compiled using the "Interactive" governor. OMG I could only wish for that PLUS Gingerbread/Honeycomb.

ainyul

Nov 12, 2010
i did the 2 day option, instead of 7$ it was 12$; and arrival sat by noon..!!

EDIT: call and modify asap; u can get it on the weekend..!!

US..!!

just logged onto tigerdirect but the eta is not noted; when i placed the order i had sat noon as the target date.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<<Shipping Method: Second Day (2 days) | [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Only Business Days[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]>>

Archos 101 Internet Tablet - A Review of the Archos 101 Internet Tablet
[/FONT]

my order now says B/O; and here i was looking forward to it this weekend....:(

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Tipstir I disagree on the task killers altogether. My Droid has 256 meg RAM and essentially the same processor as the Archos 101 running at 1 Ghz overclocked and it is fast as snot without any task killers at all. I have multiple static and dynamic widgets and run Launcher Pro Plus w/ the persistent memory hack. Once the Archos G8 tablets get full permanent root then you will see these buggers FLY. Custom AOSP ROMs like CM 6.1 for example would scream on these units. Especially if a custom kernel were compiled using the "Interactive" governor. OMG I could only wish for that PLUS Gingerbread/Honeycomb.

Tasks do eat memory and since these tablets well the one what use RAM/ROM/Caches instead of the HDD version memory does get used up. How don't know about your cell phone so I can't comment with that method. Plus I use a lot of apps. 256MB down drop and memory has to be allocated. Tablet shares the 2GB of RAM use for NAND storage also. Some apps don't close and stay open. I use ATKP set to kill those apps. Free up memory. Android built in MGNT support to do it, but I never see it happen.

Gargy

Dec 10, 2010
I refreshed the store site today and lo and behold, the "Add to Cart" buttons were available for the 70 and 101. I quickly grabbed one of the latter and chose 3-day delivery. It seemed to treat everything as a normal order - no warning of backorder, delayed delivery date, etc. We'll see if it actually gets here soon...

Gargy

Dec 10, 2010
Mine has actually shipped! phew... it's my wife's Christmas present and I was starting to get worried I wouldn't find one in time.

tyy10002

Nov 13, 2010
I had pre-order the 101 since Oct but canceled it because the delay, the delay and delay... I was thinking to purchase it again since they are available in amazon, jr or archos sites. but I am worried about the archos tablets will be obsolete in 6 months.. and no clear upgrade path.. due to the 256m of RAM. I have been reading the archosfans.com and some people got the low memory warning with only a few apps and games.. And some senior members do not recommend the archos tablets if you are going to load a lot of apps and games. Anyways, I just picked up a Viewsonic g-tablet at Sears today for 349 dollars. and I am following the xda developers forum to put a alternate ROM on it. (tnt lite or vega). Hopefully, the g-tablet can last a year and can upgrade to gingerbread or honeycomb later (Tegra 2, 512M, 16G..) the hardware should be good enough to handle future upgrade.

Anyways, Cruz tablet is on sale at Sears ($219) if anyone is interested in.. (I am not).