Which tablet did you buy and why?

fatherofnard

Aug 12, 2011
Well as you can tell by now I purchsed the transformer and so far 5 hours into it I am blown away. This thing is great with the keyboard and the graphics on 3.2 are awesome so far. The screen apture feature is flippin awesome... I did get it to edit my excel, word documents, and I made a ppt so far. reads pdf beautifully. I even got it to read and transfer files from my 2TB external hard drive that is NTFS which some said was impossible but literally no issues here. I also got it to play my HD videos that are 720p with no issues so far (had to download MOBO player but hey it was free).... Also have it reading SD cards as low as class 4 with no issues as some have reported.

I will keep everyone updated but so far no complaints very pleasantly surprised... Go andriod tablets.. sink the apple ship!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
hey guys, i have one more question... i hear apple is trying to get the galaxy tab 10.1 pulled out of the market, its happened in Europe and Austrailia, do you think it will happen in the US too? because, if so, Ill have to find myself a different tablet to buy... because i will need the after market things (like cases, etc) and if it gets pulled from the shelves, all of those things will go away as well.... so Xoom1 (since you pretty much know what im looking for) if the tab 10.1 does get pulled, which tablet do you think would be the next best thing? thanks in advance (ipad 2 seems like itd work too... or the Xoom... or really almost anything haha i might even try the transformer... tomorrow ill go to best buy and talk to them and play with all of the tablets and see what they think would work for me...)

Last edited:

Felonie187

Aug 13, 2011
I brought a Vizio Tablet and quickly returned to the vendor (Vizio has cheated me out of my refund). The Vizio was a overpriced remote control and nothing more. I checked out the Toshiba Thrive it gives you a USB port, full HDMI,up to 128 gb sd slot and a removable battery. It is sturdy but heavier than the other tablets (my tablet is used for videos and music) it sets on my desk at work. I really enjoy all the cool features. It was reported to having problems going to sleep but I haven't had any problems. I also have an iPad2; I can't compare - its like apples vs. oranges. Although i would without a doubt buy another iPad, I can't say the same for a Android tablet. i don't like the blueberry with the webos because of the software. I hope this helps. The tablets are changing and the price keep dropping. Wait if you can.

cmaglone

Aug 10, 2011
HTC VIEW
I researched for over 8 weeks, reading the forums, checking out the reviews, and even bought a HTC Flyer, which I returned. I chose this tablet for the following reasons respectfully:
The size-7” (felt right in my hand, slips easily in my purse)
It has latest version of Honeycomb
The ability to purchase a data plan
The Scribe pen
The removal/upgradable 16gb Sd card
I can use it with my tv if I want a bigger screen
I can use it with my bluetooth stereo, headset, and keyboard
I can edit office documents with polaris app that came with it

I purchased mine at Sprint and the pen came with it.
I purchased the smallest data plan, because I can always use my EVO hotpot if I need to conserve my data transfer.

Sent from my PG41200 using Android Tablet Forum

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
A Blueberry with WebOS? Don't you mean Blackberry with rimm and Touchpad with WebOS.. I have an ipod touch,I don't need a supersized one.. Plus I've had 4 iphones and I'm so sick of looking at that interface.. What do you mean Vizio cheated you out of a refund?