Why Is There Not A Root for 3.2 ? ? ?

tuthpick

Sep 10, 2011
Now that we have the update all over we need a rooter for 3.2.

This is to all the great guys who help us please get one to work.

I praise all who help us keep going.

Thanks

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Now that we have the update all over we need a rooter for 3.2.

This is to all the great guys who help us please get one to work.

I praise all who help us keep going.

Thanks

there is a method to root HC 3.2....

copied my post from here>>> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/22966-new-a500-3-1-needs-rooted.html which has reports of other methods.... NOTE this method uses ADB

This is how i got to root my Acer A100 running Anroid 3.2 Honeycomb>>

first download SU.zip (you can also download directly into your tablet by clicking the link) from here > su.zip

extract the SU file from ZIP download to your Tablet's root directory>>> /mnt/sdcard/
****please note SDCARD means internal memory and not the external MicroSD

once SU file is placed in your Tablet's root directory, the rest is left to Android ADB SHELL.
If you dont have Android ADB installed on your computer, you can get it from here:

for Ubuntu/Linux use this link > [GUIDE] Lazyman's installation guide to ADB on Ubuntu 10.10 - Now with Ubuntu 11.04 ! - xda-developers
for Windows use this link > How to Set Up ADB on Windows 7, Vista & XP for Android Phones

after getting ADB SHELL up and running on your computer, USB your tablet to your computer and enter USB Debugging mode on the tablet. Once tablet is connected an in USB Debugging mode, follow steps below:

Steps using Ubuntu/LINUX:
open TERMINAL then copy and paste lines 1-3 individually
1. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`mount -o remount,rw /system\`'
2. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`cat /mnt/sdcard/su >/system/xbin/su\`'
3. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su\`'

Steps using WINDOWS:
open CMD then copy and paste lines 1-3 individually
1. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`mount -o remount,rw /system`'
2. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`cat /mnt/sdcard/su >/system/xbin/su`'
3. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su`'

Once finished, install SuperUser from android market and Busybox Installer to confirm ROOT on tablet. If Busybox Installer fails apply lines 1-3 again.

danielg5

May 3, 2011
Hello wicced247,

I see that you are running this on an A100, not the A500. Do I understand correctly that the updates were different for the two tablets. Does the A100 with HC 3.2 have the same "locked bootloader" as the A500. Does ADB SHELL allow the user to circumvent the locked bootloader?

Has anyone tried this on an A500 running HC 3.2?

Is this process reversible? Will it allow future OTA updates after it has been done?

Thanks.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Hello wicced247,

I see that you are running this on an A100, not the A500. Do I understand correctly that the updates were different for the two tablets. Does the A100 with HC 3.2 have the same "locked bootloader" as the A500. Does ADB SHELL allow the user to circumvent the locked bootloader?

Has anyone tried this on an A500 running HC 3.2?

Is this process reversible? Will it allow future OTA updates after it has been done?

Thanks.

from what i have been reading the A100 16gb and the A500 runs the same hardware and software combination with just a few differences to screen size drivers... in other post i have read on other websites and XDA forms people have rooted their A500 after doing the update 3.2 and have also used mine or other methods to archive root access successfully...

as for OTA updates after being rooted... i see why not once you dont download a different Kernel and even if u did you can still re-install the stock Kernel back into your device to receive the OTA update.

im also waiting for the Official ISC update to come out to update

Aug 24, 2011
there is a method to root HC 3.2....

copied my post from here>>> http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/acer-iconia-tab-a500-forum/22966-new-a500-3-1-needs-rooted.html which has reports of other methods.... NOTE this method uses ADB

This is how i got to root my Acer A100 running Anroid 3.2 Honeycomb>>

first download SU.zip (you can also download directly into your tablet by clicking the link) from here > su.zip

extract the SU file from ZIP download to your Tablet's root directory>>> /mnt/sdcard/
****please note SDCARD means internal memory and not the external MicroSD

once SU file is placed in your Tablet's root directory, the rest is left to Android ADB SHELL.
If you dont have Android ADB installed on your computer, you can get it from here:

for Ubuntu/Linux use this link > [GUIDE] Lazyman's installation guide to ADB on Ubuntu 10.10 - Now with Ubuntu 11.04 ! - xda-developers
for Windows use this link > How to Set Up ADB on Windows 7, Vista & XP for Android Phones

after getting ADB SHELL up and running on your computer, USB your tablet to your computer and enter USB Debugging mode on the tablet. Once tablet is connected an in USB Debugging mode, follow steps below:

Steps using Ubuntu/LINUX:
open TERMINAL then copy and paste lines 1-3 individually
1. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`mount -o remount,rw /system\`'
2. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`cat /mnt/sdcard/su >/system/xbin/su\`'
3. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '\`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su\`'

Steps using WINDOWS:
open CMD then copy and paste lines 1-3 individually
1. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`mount -o remount,rw /system`'
2. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`cat /mnt/sdcard/su >/system/xbin/su`'
3. adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su`'

Once finished, install SuperUser from android market and Busybox Installer to confirm ROOT on tablet. If Busybox Installer fails apply lines 1-3 again.

i copy 2 and when i enter it .... it says... can not locate directory ..... i can verify it is there.... dont know what the deal is though....

DrAzzy

Jun 13, 2011
i copy 2 and when i enter it .... it says... can not locate directory ..... i can verify it is there.... dont know what the deal is though....

I'm having the same problem:

C:\Users\User>adb shell /system/bin/cmdclient ec_micswitch '`cat /mnt/sdcard/su
>/system/xbin/su`' (note: this linebreak is due to the width of the command window)
The system cannot find the path specified.

However:

C:\Users\User>adb shell
$ ls /mnt/sdcard
ls /mnt/sdcard
Alarms
Android
DCIM
Download
Movies
Music
Nook
Notifications
Pictures
Podcasts
Ringtones
apkinstaller.temp
log.txt
su

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I am not sure why it wont work for you all.... I am guessing there is a slight difference in your file structure than mine... it took me a few different methods of rooting 3.2 that I found around the internet and only this method works for me. I will post the links as I find them again and hopefully one will work for you

Sent from Wicced's ROOTED Acer a100 16GB Honeycomb 3.2

pmelah

Nov 26, 2011
xda tbi abd ncis oh wait thats the tv show isc all this stuff is a forien language to me i know i have an acer a500 that came with hc 3.2 os can anyone tell me if this has been rooted without going to 3.1 i also have a samsung facinate that i have rooted by the seat of my pants not knowing what im doing but i did it (all luck :) )help very much noobie