Zepad Zenithink freezing up.

ginac

Dec 28, 2011
Just bought my child a zepad zenithink and it continues to freeze up does anyone know what the problem might be .

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ginac, congratulations on the new tablet and welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear you're having problems with the tablet. I'm going to move your thread to the Zenithink Tablets forum for you, so the folks there can try to help you out. Good luck!

martinmc222

Jan 3, 2012
Hi Ginac. I have a similar problem with my ZT280 - C91. It works fine then the screen stops responding. I brought up the search using the keys that sit off the screen and could see that whilst most of the screen was unresponsive certain areas worked. I went into settings and by spinning the pad to different positions I could get to privacy then factory data reset. This causes all your apps etc to be removed but the screen then started to work OK after this. It seems to be that the hardware is fine but that the OS (2.3.4 in my case) or an app eventually causes the problem.
Unfortunately the problem has re-occurred twice since but I have found that plugging in a usb keyboard allows you to access all parts of the system without having to spin it around thus saving loads of time. I can then back up to the SD card, factory reset, reload the apps then reload the backup. Of course this is no way to carry on so I'm considering upgrading to the beta 4 ICS available on the Zenithink website. If I do I'll let you know how I get on

criver

Oct 20, 2011
First of all, more info would be highly appreciated. What tablet do you have zt180 101/102?, zt280 c71/c91? etc.
What do you mean freeze - only the screen doesn't respond or the nothing does. Try installing Android System Info and look up you free RAM and CPU load - you could try also SeePU. Your problem could be due to low RAM levels or CPU overloading - of course the cause could be sth else.
Last case scenario - flash it(it could well be a bad ROM or maybe a ROM not for your model, like the thingy with C91 xxx2n and xxx3n models).

Last edited: