59.99 white pandigitals at Kohl's

onesaint

Jan 5, 2011
You guys have to remember the price, it only cost us 60 dollars for the wpdn, i am pretty sure feverhost wouldnt have bought this device for the retail value of 200 dollars. But it might have changed now, so feverhost would you buy the wpdn for 200 or would you buy the gentouch for 170?

I'm not knocking the device at 60$. Heck, I called all my local Kohls and tried to price match to my local B3 as well. It just didnt work out. From feverhost's "how to root the PDN" video, he commented that the wifi wasnt working post root. That was what my comments were in reference to.

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
You guys have to remember the price, it only cost us 60 dollars for the wpdn, i am pretty sure feverhost wouldnt have bought this device for the retail value of 200 dollars. But it might have changed now, so feverhost would you buy the wpdn for 200 or would you buy the gentouch for 170?

At $200 I would not of purchased the WPDN. Although, as previously said, at $60 it's a great deal.

Gentouch or WPDN... that is actually a tough question, and I can't answer that right now. The reason is I have not rooted it (and won't now, as it's my daughter's tablet now). The stock version I have is insanely sllloooowwwww, but i've heard the new firmware speeds it up quite nicely. I have tried to root it with 2 different firmwares, and was never able to successfully do it. It just hangs...

So I cannot answer that, unless I would root the Gentouch and see how much of a difference would be. I'm sure the Genotuch is much better rooted. Just as the WPDN is 100% times better rooted, than the stock image.

gmurphy

Jul 30, 2010
just grabbed one. going to give her a go tonight. see if i can root and get market. so far seems solid, touch is not as bad as i thought. for $60 clams ill give it to my daughter once i'm done with it. ill check back.

onesaint

Jan 5, 2011
Dang it. You guys are going to make me start calling Kohls again. I drove 45 miles to get my Mac Pro 50% off. =^) I suppose 30 miles is cool for 70% off.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
At $200 I would not of purchased the WPDN. Although, as previously said, at $60 it's a great deal.

Gentouch or WPDN... that is actually a tough question, and I can't answer that right now. The reason is I have not rooted it (and won't now, as it's my daughter's tablet now). The stock version I have is insanely sllloooowwwww, but i've heard the new firmware speeds it up quite nicely. I have tried to root it with 2 different firmwares, and was never able to successfully do it. It just hangs...

So I cannot answer that, unless I would root the Gentouch and see how much of a difference would be. I'm sure the Genotuch is much better rooted. Just as the WPDN is 100% times better rooted, than the stock image.

thats what i thought, but i completely agree with you at 60 dollars its amazing i would even say at 60 dollars its better then galaxy tab and all the tablets coming out soon, because once you hack it, it is a complete android tablet and sure it doesnt have some of the extras but you cant go wrong at 60 dollars thats less then a tank of gas for my truck. and i dont know why everyone is having a hard time with rooting this thing i have rooted 3 and it takes me like 5 minutes ( no joke ) and sure i might be more knowledgeable about these things then some others but i am telling everyone it is super simple. go here http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...6-8-20-versions-market-volume-hack-built.html download one of those firmwares i recommend ver 3. then go here http://www.pandigital.net/?PageID=335 and it spells everything out for you, the hardest part is getting the back off, but that site even has images to help

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
probbiethe1: Have you gotten the WIFI issues resolved? I am just not able to get the WIFI fix working... my tablet just will not flash it.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
well on version 3 it seemed to be working fine, comparing the wifi strength to my m701r the WPDN is stronger. What exactly is the problem with the wifi?

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I only have wifi issues if it goes to auto sleep. If i do a manual sleep wifi is ok

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

cnlc

Jan 11, 2011
Anyone seen any of these at Kohl's in WA. None of the the Kohl's I checked have these in stock and none of the stores I tried were willing to pricematch :(

twivel

Jan 5, 2011

No doubt we wont find anything this good for that price for a long time. Im really not trying to complain either. Just being objective with what i do annd dont like about it.

Im having a lot of fun with this.

twivel

Jan 5, 2011
So oddly enough, shortly after posting here, my pandigital novel had the sleep wifi issue. I tried restarting it and it wouldn't boot, it just stayed at the blue Pandigital Novel boot splash screen. After many reset attempts (paper clip), I went ahead and tried a reflash and the device booted fine. I had also been adding a lot of apps from the Market. Has anyone seen this before? I wonder if I installed too many apps and filled up the internal memory.

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
I think v4.0 had this issue. After root you needee to install v4.01 which is not a root. Go see thefirmware thread. It is a sticky

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
twivel: I've never had the problem about it not starting.. but I've had the WIFI issues from the beginning. I flashed with 5.0 then V5.1... still has the issues.

Both the "update" and the WIFI "fix" .zip's.. will not flash for me. So i'm kind of stuck with that.

SUPERMOM50

Dec 7, 2010
I got a $149. literati ereader at bed bath and beyond, they too were clearance-ing out their stock of ereaders and tablets, The literati was only forty dollars, looking on the sharper image site they are planning on doing alot more in the future to add onto the literati, it has wifi to kobo,.. does anyone know of anything more that can be done with it?? It has an awesome display and is in color,.. I bought it figuring it was well worth the forty bucks, which after a week I find I'm not upset about the forty dollar investment. Yeah, I love a great deal!