9742 MBR problems and such post here.

Shini

Jun 5, 2012
yes you can rename it, rename the good one with .bak extenstion so you can go back to if needed.
but load the camera driver first and see if it works.
I don't have the original camera driver, only the wrong one. I thought it was in the boot.img but the system folder is empty. I'll rename it.

Shini

Jun 5, 2012
yes you can rename it, rename the good one with .bak extenstion so you can go back to if needed.
but load the camera driver first and see if it works.

IT WORKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, I'm happy!
I just have to find the camera drivers now!
Do you know why I can't find it in the boot.img? I think that cygwin can't extract all the files. The right driver for camera is gt2005-2015.ko

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Here is module

gt2005-2015.ko

place in /system/vendor/modules

to load on boot, use below command, now it should load on every boot.

adb remount

adb shell

/system/xbin/echo "insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt2005-2015.ko " >> /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

Shini

Jun 5, 2012
Here is module

gt2005-2015.ko

place in /system/vendor/modules

to load on boot, use below command, now it should load on every boot.

adb remount

adb shell

/system/xbin/echo "insmod /system/vendor/modules/gt2005-2015.ko " >> /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

chmod 755 /system/etc/install-recovery.sh

That's why I have faith in humanity! Everything is working now!
Thanks for all the help Vampirefo. all the kudos goes to you! You rules!
Hope it can help the others with the same problem!
Now that we found the problem I can start thinking about installing google play again.

formal

May 27, 2012
Good night, I have days without going, I have been a parent, I need a manual easy to solve the problem of inverted screen, thank you very much, I see you already fixed.

Shini

Jun 5, 2012
How to solve the problem with the inverted touchscreen axis:
If you want to continue with google play, first install the Cfw as explained by Steev here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kyros-9742-rooted-deodexed-google-play-8.html or ignore it.

Ok, so what's is the cause of the problem? Somehow the first MID9742-8 and GT-P6210 uses the same hardware but the new MID9742-8 don't. So what happened then? The android system is pointing to a wrong driver.
To fix it you will need a file manager like root explorer: Root Explorer v2.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Rijon Miah
You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.
After it, reboot your tablet and it will work as it should be. Don't forget to backup the files first.
I'm with google play and the right drivers now.

ultraman

Jun 16, 2012
If you want to continue with google play, first install the Cfw as explained by Steev here: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...kyros-9742-rooted-deodexed-google-play-8.html or ignore it.

Ok, so what's is the cause of the problem? Somehow the first MID9742-8 and GT-P6210 uses the same hardware but the new MID9742-8 don't. So what happened then? The android system is pointing to a wrong driver.
To fix it you will need a file manager like root explorer: Root Explorer v2.20.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download - Rijon Miah
You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.
After it, reboot your tablet and it will work as it should be. Don't forget to backup the files first.

Thank you for the detailed instructions on how to fix the camera!!!

a.elmalah91

Jun 25, 2012

This fixed the camera for me, but now I have the inverted screen problem and I can't backup because i forgot the original files place. now what should I do? and can any one provide me with the original files please.

a.elmalah91

Jun 25, 2012
Okay, finally my problem is solved. I have done the Cfw again from the begin and since I only had a camera issue, I replaced the "gt2005.ko" file only as mentioned above and now i have every thing working. thanks to Shini and RedDeer.

nuttmeg

Jun 28, 2012
can someone make a stock img with the new settings for the new screen, and camera? i tried the steps to installing cfw for my 9742 tablet and now the screen dont work.

Heenalu

Jun 28, 2012
Hi guys..new to the forum here and I must say very helpful. I have some flashing and rom experience from my HD2 windows to Android, but that just means i follow instruction that someone else wrote. I just did the rom on my daughters bday present (MDI9742-8) and the camera is not working. I read what was posted but did not quite get it....do i need certain programs to view the files and change the driver? Just a little more direction is al i need....

Thanks

Jedi_skote

Jun 30, 2012
@ Heenlu

I had the exact same problem follow these steps and it should work. (I modified the post the just what you need) I use es file explore from the play store, it what i had and know how to use.
hope this helps
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Shini

You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko (just Extract this file) and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.

Heenalu

Jun 28, 2012
@ Heenlu

I had the exact same problem follow these steps and it should work. (I modified the post the just what you need) I use es file explore from the play store, it what i had and know how to use.
hope this helps
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Shini

You will download the right modules: Modules - MID9742-8.zip (gt2005.ko (just Extract this file) and gt801_2plus1.ko) and use Root explorer to overwrite the files with the same name in the directory /system/vendor/modules/.

Thanks for the response, i understand what needs to be done however I cant seem to find the /system/ folder. using es file explorer it is showing me whats in the /sdcard...cant seem to change it?...please advise